THE BROWNS BOARD

Kelloggs Pulls Ads From Pro-Life News Web Site: It’s “Not Aligned With Our Values as a Company”

OldBrownsFan

* Don't know why any business would wade into politics and offend a good portion of their customers? BTW - Kellogg's has no problem financially supporting Black Lives Matter.

Yesterday, Kellogg Co., which manufactures popular breakfast cereals and other products, decided to pull its advertising from Brietbart News, which reports conservative news — including pro-life news. The company claimed the web site’s conservative readers are not “aligned with our values as a company.”

“We regularly work with our media-buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren’t aligned with our values as a company,” said Kellogg’s spokesman Kris Charles. “We recently reviewed the list of sites where our ads can be placed and decided to discontinue advertising on Breitbart.com. We are working to remove ads from that site.”

The parent company of brand favorites like Eggo, Pop Tarts, Pringles, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, and more is joining a few lesser known retailers in boycotting Breitbart — a decision that’s sure to rankle plenty of consumers.

In response, Breitbart News launched a #DumpKelloggs petition and called for a boycott f the company.

The decision by Kellogg’s, which makes Pringles, Eggo waffles, as well as Special K and Frosted Flakes cereals, among others, will make virtually no revenue impact on Breitbart.com. It does, however, represent an escalation in the war by leftist companies like Target and Allstate against conservative customers whose values propelled Donald Trump into the White House,” Brietbart wrote in a response.

Kellogg’s offered no examples of how Breitbart’s 45 million monthly readers fail to align with the breakfast maker’s values. Indeed, the move appears to be one more example of an out-of-touch corporation embracing false left-wing narratives used to cynically smear the hard working Americans that populate this nation’s heartland,” it continued.

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/11/30/kelloggs-pulls-ads-from-pro-life-news-web-site-its-not-aligned-with-our-values-as-a-company/

So dont buy kellogs

And that is the point. There are probably millions now who will boycott Kellogg's so why does a business wade into politics? What is the upside when you alienate a good portion of your consumers? Wouldn't it be better for your company to stay clear of politics?

And that is the point. There are probably millions now who will boycott Kellogg's so why does a business wade into politics? What is the upside when you alienate a good portion of your consumers? Wouldn't it be better for your company to stay clear of politics?

I think often business over react to this stuff. It doesn't seem like Chick-fil-A was hurt very much by the boycott.

I personally don't eat which breakfast cereal if any but I might purchase something from Post General Mills rather than Kellogg's now.

Of course they will probably make that back from food stamp recipients.

WSS

Seemed to work fine for Chick-fil-A.

Seemed to work fine for Chick-fil-A.

Not that fine. They rode out the storm but it was a headache with many cities and universities not allowing Chick Fil A restaurants to operate. That was a different situation too with a different set of circumstances. Kellogg's is selectively boycotting Breitbart because they claim they are a hate group while funding Black Lives Matter.

If you stay neutral people may bitch about you advertising on a pro-choice or pro-life website whatever, but it won't affect your business in anyway.

Dumb strategy by all these companies, even if they're losing some sales for the short term - whole situation could have been avoided by shutting up.

Also a company as big as kellogs surely has employees with a whole wide variety of political beliefs.

---

Pepsi, grubhub, and others got political after Trump won too - dumb moves

If you stay neutral people may bitch about you advertising on a pro-choice or pro-life website whatever, but it won't affect your business in anyway.

Dumb strategy by all these companies, even if they're losing some sales for the short term - whole situation could have been avoided by shutting up.

Also a company as big as kellogs surely has employees with a whole wide variety of political beliefs.

---

Pepsi, grubhub, and others got political after Trump won too - dumb moves

True but I guarantee you many times this is what happens. Companies get threatening letters from organizations (usually from the left) who threaten them with boycotts if they don't pull their sponsorship. Usually it is a done because the left cannot tolerate different views and want to shut up the Hannity's, Limbaugh's and Breitbart's and going after their sponsors is one of their favorite tactics to try and shut them down.

Sometimes it backfires like when the left strong armed Cracker Barrel to pull all it's Duck Dynasty merchandise in response to Phil Robertson's comments on homosexuality. Cracker Barrel's knee jerk response was to pull the merchandise to appease a small portion of it's customers while offending the big majority. After realizing they were trying to appease the 1 percent over the 99 percent they finally apologized and put the merchandise back on the shelves.

Why is it though when shitbag companies like chick fil a get involved in politics you guys found it perfectly acceptable? Without fail you ruffled unprincipled chickens get in a lather when some company disavows a conservative principle but when a company comes out pro conservative boy thats the greatest proncipled company ever! You guys have zero credibility

Why is it though when shitbag companies like chick fil a get involved in politics you guys found it perfectly acceptable? Without fail you ruffled unprincipled chickens get in a lather when some company disavows a conservative principle but when a company comes out pro conservative boy thats the greatest proncipled company ever! You guys have zero credibility

How did Chick-fil-A get involved in politics?

WSS

How did Chick-fil-A get involved in politics?

WSS

Getting old steve? Forgetting more and more stuff? Its ok google is ur friend. Or, i dunno, use the search function here and find the 8 page thread about this subject that you yourself posted in many times with many typical steverisms and steverinos.

Oh no I remember it pretty well the owner said a few years ago he wasn't a fan of same-sex marriage. Same as Barack Obama Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton when it was politically feasible for them to say so.

And he donated money to some organization which the fringe left deemed unworthy. His own money as I recall.

I thought you had some outrage to share with us instead of just your hazy and incomplete memory.

WSS

Making official politically charged companybstatements that had "zero" to do with ur business, thats not jumping into the political arena? Donating money on behalf of ur company to organizations against same sex marriage....in your world this is diff than what kellogs just did? Now thats a steverino, as opposed to the more broadly applicated steverism. Im catching on to ur nuanced hypocricy's. I'll have em all catalogued within a year or two

Making official politically charged companybstatements that had "zero" to do with ur business, thats not jumping into the political arena? Donating money on behalf of ur company to organizations against same sex marriage....in your world this is diff than what kellogs just did? Now thats a steverino, as opposed to the more broadly applicated steverism. Im catching on to ur nuanced hypocricy's. I'll have em all catalogued within a year or two

I do agree it would take you a year or two of constant work to catch you up. But no the two situations are not the same. Kellogg's has a right to do what they want with their money. If they hate Breitbart and the people who read Breitbart because those people don't fit their ideal of what Real Americans should be... Actually I like Fruity Pebbles better than Froot Loops.

WSS

Yep. Kellogg's pulls ads from Breitbart because of what??? they are a hate group? they are bigoted? whatever the reason they state Kellogg's financially supports Black Lives Matter so the hypocrisy is out in the open.

The left have people on it's payroll who listen to every word conservatives like Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh says so in case they say something that can be used against them they will go after the sponsors to try and shut them down. This is how the left operates, they cannot tolerate views they disagree with. They shout tolerance from the mountaintop yet they are the most intolerant of any.

Yep. Kellogg's pulls ads from Breitbart because of what??? they are a hate group? they are bigoted? whatever the reason they state Kellogg's financially supports Black Lives Matter so the hypocrisy is out in the open.

y.

If they support Blm it's exactly like chick fil a. No diff and equally annoying. But again, the pass you guys give to conservative malfeasance and then come down on another company for doing no diff. I mean what are y guys? Cause "men" aren't irrationally feminine. You guys literally exhibit not just feminine traits, but the worst of their traits. Cause I know conservative who wouldn't act like unmedicated sycophants.

Archived