THE BROWNS BOARD

Would any of you be less upset if........

medicineman

I hope we somehow only beat Pittsburgh, knock them out of the playoffs and still own the #1 overall draft pick. Ah, poetic justice.

Would any of you fans be less upset at how this season went IF we were to beat Pisspuke in the final game in the Burgh? IMO yes it would be nice but in the same breath it would not mean jack shit. Thoughts?

I would be upset if beating the Steelers meant we blew our shot at the #1 pick.

I quit caring about the first draft pick years ago. Seems we NEVER do anything good with our picks. Gilbert? Give me a break. Quinn? ya right, Manzel? Mcoy? the sad list goes on and on. Why be happy with the draft? It will take a season or 2 to develop them and as always different coaches front office ect, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT and spend money in FA,

I quit caring about the first draft pick years ago. Seems we NEVER do anything good with our picks. Gilbert? Give me a break. Quinn? ya right, Manzel? Mcoy? the sad list goes on and on. Why be happy with the draft? It will take a season or 2 to develop them and as always different coaches front office ect, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT and spend money in FA,

McCoy was a third round pick.

I agree with you. The only successful turn-around we've had to-date was during the Davis era when we worked both the FA and Draft simultaneously. I agree with M. Kay (for once) - this is not working. Promote Brown to President, bring in a good "football" GM, sign TO and Collins. Sign 6 FA's. And in my opinion, reduce the draft choices to 8 by pushing 4 to next year through draft trades. More than 8 is too many to manage. Then you can start fielding a competitive team. Build it to 8-8 and then you can start reducing reliance on FA and focus the majority of the attrention on the draft.

Take that Depodesta and smoke it all the way back to baseball. God, I wish the Browns would hire me. At least I'm practical.

I'd love to beat the Steelers, and it would be a positive note to end our abysmal season on, right? We need positive, ESPECIALLY heading into an offseason where we have more questions than answers. What makes me happy now is the fact our defense is playing a bit better. I hope to see them continue to improve, and that alone could be the positive spin we use come 2017. The only way I'd be a LITTLE upset is if we somehow win a game in the next few weeks, and THEN beat the Steelers. I REALLY want that top pick, and it's far from guaranteed right now. We win ONE game, and boom...we've got the second pick, and the 49's are in the top slot. You want some good news? The 49's play the lowly Bears this weekend, and if they win that game, we're all but a shoe-in for holding onto #1. Kaepernick is actually scoring a few points, so they have a chance.

Believe it or not, we could've actually WON that Steeler game. Yes, our defense wasn't able to get them off the damn field, and yes, they had three drives that lasted 30 minutes in totality, but we still had a chance. That game, as with the Giants game, came down to our offense completely sucking. And THAT'S killing our coach. He can't call a run play, especially in the red zone. He really can't call a deep play because the QB usually doesn't have time. Teams are REALLY starting to jump all over our short passing game, and it's going to be a real challenge now to score points since Greco is lost.

You want to know what's worse? We get NOTHING from special teams. Well, nothing but that fumble recovery last week, which we promptly used to kick a damn FG. To win a game, EVERYTHING will have to go our way. We'll probably need that "Magical Game" where we get that lucky defensive TD, a special teams TD, and our offense actually manages a few TD drives as well. You figure we'll need 28 points to have a chance to win, and us scoring 4 touchdowns seems about impossible right now.

Not at the cost of the #1... If the win denied PTG the playofffs, then it'd be a closer call... but still a "no"...

And stop visiting the sins of past FOs on our current one as if its failure was preordained... it's not... not yet anyway.

Not at the cost of the #1... If the win denied PTG the playofffs, then it'd be a closer call... but still a "no"...

And stop visiting the sins of past FOs on our current one as if its failure was preordained... it's not... not yet anyway.

Exactly Tour. If the Steelers are in contention for a playoff spot, it's big trouble for the Browns. Plus it's on the road. Best chance for a win comes in a week when we play the Bengals at home. And go Niners, beat the Bears.

nah. I will be delighted when the Browns kick the squealers asses out of the playoffs.

the sissy niners will win another game, and maybe two...and we're still good,

we have that impetus and confidence going for next year.

nah. I will be delighted when the Browns kick the squealers asses out of the playoffs.

the sissy niners will win another game, and maybe two...and we're still good,

we have that impetus and confidence going for next year.

Two? Sure Cal. then we're dealing with the two win Bears and Jaguars- who I predict aren't winning another game either.

What is it at member one you want so badly?

I honestly don't know yet, Steve. Lotta premature big-boardication goin' 'round here. I haven't been infected.... yet.

What I do know is that to go thru this much pain and not come away with the #1 is unthinkable... even if we trade it away.

Beating the Steelers in a game they needed to win would make the whole fucking season worth it.

If somehow that meant drafting second rather than first, so be it.

Maybe the Niners will beat the Bears this week and you homos won't have to worry about it, you can actually root for the Cleveland Browns to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers if that scenario played out.

Z

Would any of you fans be less upset at how this season went IF we were to beat Pisspuke in the final game in the Burgh? IMO yes it would be nice but in the same breath it would not mean jack shit. Thoughts?

what, with this pos offense that we have and a defense that cannot tackle worth a fucking shit....it sure would be nice but unless there is some kind of divine intervention, it ain't happening...especially if they are still in the playoff hunt...it sucks, but it is reality...i honestly believe the only chance we have to win 1 game is against cincy....that is it...

I always vote for winning.....every time.....

0-16 is not cool.....ever. And the first pick is nothing to strive for.....its a losers reward......Id never want or try to lose...

the only 2 teams ever to go winless.....Tampa and Detroit....are not remembered for their brilliant rebuilds or anything but being laughing stock pathetic teams......

we are about to be added to that list.....lets go for it!!!

I say beat the piss out of Pisspuke and anybody else we play...

what, with this pos offense that we have and a defense that cannot tackle worth a fucking shit....it sure would be nice but unless there is some kind of divine intervention, it ain't happening...especially if they are still in the playoff hunt...it sucks, but it is reality...i honestly believe the only chance we have to win 1 game is against cincy....that is it...

that's stupid. You generalizations are apparently self-serving, but a bunch of crap.

Im gonna add that the history of the draft indicates the first 1 or 2 picked usually dont end up being the best players....if we go 0-16, it will feel like crap....

If we win 1.....or 2??.....THAT would feel great!!!

Best thing we could do is win some on the way out.....it would go a long ways in bringing some optimism back to the off season for both the fans and players.....and, based on the odds, we are just as likely to get a stud at #3 as we are at #1.....

Archived