THE BROWNS BOARD

Would any of you be less upset if........

medicineman

Speaking of whom, anyone catch Reuben Foster ILB Alabama yesterday? Tackling machine with RB speed sideline to sideline. Hope he is there in round 2.

I haven't watched it, but it's recorded. If he fell to the second round, I hope we got Elfiebaby with our second pick of the first round.

Although, I think they are both gone by the end of the first. It's crazy. I don't know.

49s-Bears in snow and rain.

Update. 3-0 9ers with one pass completion between the 2 teams with 7 min to go in the half. 9ers should have had a TD but stepped out on the 4 on a blocked punt, but celebrated with snow angels which cost them 15 yds. back to the 19 for unsportsmanlike conduct. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol:

49s-Bears in snow and rain.

Update. 3-0 9ers with one pass completion between the 2 teams with 7 min to go in the half. 9ers should have had a TD but stepped out on the 4 on a blocked punt, but celebrated with snow angels which cost them 15 yds. back to the 19 for unsportsmanlike conduct. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol:

Interesting... Cobb caught a TD vs. HOU and did the snow angel with no flag...

Better yet is Chip just pulled a Hue. Called two timeouts on Bears running plays to help their 2 minute drill. Result was a third down completion and then more right on down the field to go up on the 9ers 7-6 @ halftime.

Chip is outtanking Hue. :lol:

well if you want to change the face of the FO tour do it by drafting and signing people that help the team.

14 picks and zip in return is not a way to do that.

beat the steelers. pick what you pick cuz god knows if same out come from draft and FA.......this time next year people will be calling for your heads.

but on a more pleasant note: the browns aren't losing today!!!!

well if you want to change the face of the FO tour do it by drafting and signing people that help the team.

14 picks and zip in return is not a way to do that.

BRILLIANT! When do you head to Stockholm for your Nobel? And can I go, too? Always wanted to visit Scandinavia...

As for the 14... zip is not what we got. Crawl before you walk... walk before you run... can't run right off the bat.

Better yet is Chip just pulled a Hue. Called two timeouts on Bears running plays to help their 2 minute drill. Result was a third down completion and then more right on down the field to go up on the 9ers 7-6 @ halftime.

Chip is outtanking Hue. :lol:

Right now Niners may well get the first pick, & they just might deserve it. They out sucked the Browns against the Bears. I watched most of that comedy.

Eagles down 18 3 min. to go-bring that pick on up!

Yup, Bungles did us a favor. Eagles- just lose baby!!!

I always vote for winning.....every time.....

0-16 is not cool.....ever. And the first pick is nothing to strive for.....its a losers reward......Id never want or try to lose...

the only 2 teams ever to go winless.....Tampa and Detroit....are not remembered for their brilliant rebuilds or anything but being laughing stock pathetic teams......

we are about to be added to that list.....lets go for it!!!

I say beat the piss out of Pisspuke and anybody else we play...

No one will care about 0-16 when we win a super Bowl in the next few years.

It could happen if they had a playoff spot locked up and are resting their starters.

The Steelers won't have a playoff spot locked up. They are on the outside looking in now. When do they play the Ravens again?

Plus, lets say they have a lead on the Ravens....that last week Rats play Bengals, Browns play Steelers. Steelers would still need a win to maintain their lead.

nah. I will be delighted when the Browns kick the squealers asses out of the playoffs.

the sissy niners will win another game, and maybe two...and we're still good,

we have that impetus and confidence going for next year.

I don't know about that. The shitty Bears kicked the 9ers asses.....I think they may actually be worse than the Browns.

Does anyone vote for Chip Kelly to go back to Oregon to fill that vacancy? He may be aching to do so.

I always vote for winning.....every time.....

0-16 is not cool.....ever. And the first pick is nothing to strive for.....its a losers reward......Id never want or try to lose...

the only 2 teams ever to go winless.....Tampa and Detroit....are not remembered for their brilliant rebuilds or anything but being laughing stock pathetic teams......

we are about to be added to that list.....lets go for it!!!

I say beat the piss out of Pisspuke and anybody else we play...

Tampa was 0-26 in 1976-1977. In 1979 they played in the NFC title game, losing 9-0 to the Rams. So their building process was pretty darn good after that stretch. In two years they made to a conf. title game.

And what they did was get a franchise like QB in Doug Williams.

Does anyone vote for Chip Kelly to go back to Oregon to fill that vacancy? He may be aching to do so.

Chip came out last week and again stated he has no interest in returning to college coaching... same as he did in Philly.

Better question is... if and when SF ownership tires of the Chip experiment, does he get another NFL offer?

Chip came out last week and again stated he has no interest in returning to college coaching... same as he did in Philly.

Better question is... if and when SF ownership tires of the Chip experiment, does he get another NFL offer?

I hope Chip enjoys his retirement. He could go into business with JFF, his almost signee @ Oregon.

Yup,heard that too Tour. Chipper is my leader in the Club House to get axed after the season. Odds of getting another NFL HC gig = zero. To answer Gip,if the 49ers can't beat the Jets this Sunday in San Francisco, (NY plays tonight, so they have a short turnaround & have to travel to the west coast) take the odds they won't win another game. BTW, Kap played so lousy against the Bears, he got benched.

A minor problem facing the Browns is that the Eagles play the Cowboys the last week of the schedule. You might say, "Well, why the hell does THAT matter, Jiggy? The Cowboys will boat race those fools!" It matters because the Cowboys won't be playing their starters, and essentially will have wrapped up the division and homefield advantage by about 2:34pm tomorrow. Yeah...that COMPLETELY sucks because that's almost a guaranteed loss for the Eagles, and probably represents 2-3 spots in the draft. Is there a chance the Cowboys play their starters? Nope. Not many of them anyways. Can the Eagles beat the Cowboys' mostly second team players? Ehhh....that I don't know. Oddly enough, the Cowboys have the best backup QB in the damn league in Tony Romo. Where it gets complicated is....do you REALLY want to play Tony Romo without the starting OL? I would say "Hell No", but it will definitely be interesting to see what exactly the Cowboys do. I don't see a scenario where Dak Prescott plays, and I SURE as hell wouldn't play Dez Bryant or Zeke. Everyone in the NFL has some type of injuries, and they would have the luxury of giving their skill players two entire weeks off (counting the bye). That's an INSANE advantage. Additionally, the Cowboys really want to put Romo on the field because they want to boost his value up as much as possible. Look at what the damn Vikings gave up for Sam "throw it 4 yards" Bradford. Romo obviously has a litany of injuries concerns, but so did Bradford. Romo isn't a spring chicken, but would a team like the Broncos be willing to part with some high picks to roll with Romo? God, can you IMAGINE the freaking Cowboys getting more high draft picks? The rich just get richer. Romo probably makes $15 million a year. Can't keep him as a backup, can you? Would the Texans be willing to part ways with some picks? Brock Osweiler is awful, and Romo could stay within the state. He'd have a good defense, an amazing receiver, and a good RB.

Anyways, watching the Eagles get their asses blown off was extremely nice. Makes me think they can actually lose MORE games before the season ends, and that could literally turn the first round pick from "awesome", to "holy effing crap". I mean, the Eagles got destroyed by the Bengals. The Bengals previously looked MISERABLE. Granted, Dalton was ON FIRE, but still...Eagles got dealt with, AND their playoff lives are over with. Maybe they have some quit in them? Maybe they finish the season at 6-10? Hell, maybe they LOSE OUT. Let's get that draft pick as high as possible and get some bad mofo's come April.

A minor problem facing the Browns is that the Eagles play the Cowboys the last week of the schedule. You might say, "Well, why the hell does THAT matter, Jiggy? The Cowboys will boat race those fools!" It matters because the Cowboys won't be playing their starters, and essentially will have wrapped up the division and homefield advantage by about 2:34pm tomorrow. Yeah...that COMPLETELY sucks because that's almost a guaranteed loss for the Eagles, and probably represents 2-3 spots in the draft. Is there a chance the Cowboys play their starters? Nope. Not many of them anyways. Can the Eagles beat the Cowboys' mostly second team players? Ehhh....that I don't know. Oddly enough, the Cowboys have the best backup QB in the damn league in Tony Romo. Where it gets complicated is....do you REALLY want to play Tony Romo without the starting OL? I would say "Hell No", but it will definitely be interesting to see what exactly the Cowboys do. I don't see a scenario where Dak Prescott plays, and I SURE as hell wouldn't play Dez Bryant or Zeke. Everyone in the NFL has some type of injuries, and they would have the luxury of giving their skill players two entire weeks off (counting the bye). That's an INSANE advantage. Additionally, the Cowboys really want to put Romo on the field because they want to boost his value up as much as possible. Look at what the damn Vikings gave up for Sam "throw it 4 yards" Bradford. Romo obviously has a litany of injuries concerns, but so did Bradford. Romo isn't a spring chicken, but would a team like the Broncos be willing to part with some high picks to roll with Romo? God, can you IMAGINE the freaking Cowboys getting more high draft picks? The rich just get richer. Romo probably makes $15 million a year. Can't keep him as a backup, can you? Would the Texans be willing to part ways with some picks? Brock Osweiler is awful, and Romo could stay within the state. He'd have a good defense, an amazing receiver, and a good RB.

Anyways, watching the Eagles get their asses blown off was extremely nice. Makes me think they can actually lose MORE games before the season ends, and that could literally turn the first round pick from "awesome", to "holy effing crap". I mean, the Eagles got destroyed by the Bengals. The Bengals previously looked MISERABLE. Granted, Dalton was ON FIRE, but still...Eagles got dealt with, AND their playoff lives are over with. Maybe they have some quit in them? Maybe they finish the season at 6-10? Hell, maybe they LOSE OUT. Let's get that draft pick as high as possible and get some bad mofo's come April.

Wow.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Just draft the right guys went you turn your card in.

Zombo

--It's about scouting ... not whether the Eagles beat the Cowboys in January

Well no, that's not totally accurate. The Eagles are currently in a giant logjam with about a dozen other teams right now. One more loss could mean the difference of picking at 8, versus picking at 15. If you think that doesn't mean anything in the NFL draft, then I don't know what to tell you. To your point, yes we have to draft the right guys, but statistically speaking, players have a higher chance of being productive the higher they are drafted. How many teams can you name that have had two of the top ten picks in the draft? Not many, right? We are in the midst of a very painful "reboot", and there's no better way to do it than having some high picks on day 1. Conversely, the Titans' second round pick has the potential to go vastly the other way. Mariota is turning it on, and they're actually a pretty fun team to watch. They're probably an elite WR away from REALLY being a potent offense.

Well no, that's not totally accurate. The Eagles are currently in a giant logjam with about a dozen other teams right now. One more loss could mean the difference of picking at 8, versus picking at 15. If you think that doesn't mean anything in the NFL draft, then I don't know what to tell you. To your point, yes we have to draft the right guys, but statistically speaking, players have a higher chance of being productive the higher they are drafted. How many teams can you name that have had two of the top ten picks in the draft? Not many, right? We are in the midst of a very painful "reboot", and there's no better way to do it than having some high picks on day 1. Conversely, the Titans' second round pick has the potential to go vastly the other way. Mariota is turning it on, and they're actually a pretty fun team to watch. They're probably an elite WR away from REALLY being a potent offense.

It's just all mental gymnastics. Just deal the hand and let's draft.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore and New England all doing pretty well by drafting the latter half of the draft. They have franchise QBs and they hit a good percentage of their picks.

Would I rather have the 8th pick than the 12th? Yes. I am going to concern myself with an Eagles/Cowboys game a month from now and how it effects those chances? No.

I like the moves our front office has made to collect draft collateral, I think we are in great shape going into the next couple drafts. But as far spending time worrying about two NFC teams playing a game at the end of the year? Don't care. We can't control it, doesn't interest me. Let me know how it all works out and I'll start looking at the prospects at our respective draft positions in the off season. Hopefully the Browns new scouting staff is all over this shit ... we can only pray.

Zombo

Additionally, the Cowboys really want to put Romo on the field because they want to boost his value up as much as possible. Look at what the damn Vikings gave up for Sam "throw it 4 yards" Bradford. Romo obviously has a litany of injuries concerns, but so did Bradford. Romo isn't a spring chicken, but would a team like the Broncos be willing to part with some high picks to roll with Romo? God, can you IMAGINE the freaking Cowboys getting more high draft picks? The rich just get richer. Romo probably makes $15 million a year. Can't keep him as a backup, can you? Would the Texans be willing to part ways with some picks? Brock Osweiler is awful, and Romo could stay within the state. He'd have a good defense, an amazing receiver, and a good RB.

Sounds like a situation made for "The Sanchez"...

As hard as it is to envision Jerry trading Romo. It's damn near impossible to see him trading Tony in state.

Archived