THE BROWNS BOARD

Not Until....

marcus

We will not have national unity until...

We shed predjudices and biases all the way across the racial spectrum.

We all open our minds and hearts to effectively come together and intelligently discuss solutions to our Nation's toughest challenges.

We must realize that the divide in this country was not created by this President or that but it's a product of bigotry and hatred perpetrated by every race and creed.

We must educate ourselves and our children and in doing so we ALL have to admit that we have failed to do what's right in some way shape or form.

Until we do these things America will never reach greatness. Why not strive make America great in the first place instead of kidding ourselves into thinking we can make it "great again".

You used the word "We" seven times.

You used the word "Our" three times.

Very cool Marcus.

I'm all in as long as We can all see each other and not make this out to be a bad shadow of the Republican Party along with racial bullshit. Man we had a black President for 8 yrs and I've yet to see any white protest. I didn't see Republicans bellyachacing but what I seen is tax dollars going for the ones that needed and the ones working the most paying for them My wife and I pay a huge amount of taxes and where does it go?

So who are we talking about? There are so many angles of racism your post seems broad to a point of a sky of arrows. Your sky of arrows made me use the words "I" and "me" too much.

We all open our minds and hearts to effectively come together and intelligently discuss solutions to our Nation's toughest challenges.

We must realize that the divide in this country was not created by this President or that but it's a product of bigotry and hatred perpetrated by every race and creed.

We must educate ourselves and our children and in doing so we ALL have to admit that we have failed to do what's right in some way shape or form.

Until we do these things America will never reach greatness. Why not strive make America great in the first place instead of kidding ourselves into thinking we can make it "great again".

Oh shut up.

Well as I've discussed before our issues as a nation go far beyond the past eight years. While I am particularly proud that an African American reached the Oval Office. That was only one step of countless that need to be taken.

We all need to confront all the things in our history that we're unjust. Part of our challenge as a nation is we want throw labels on everything black this white that hispanic this and Asian that. We segregate ourselves instead of recognizing each other as human beings much less American human beings.

We've gotten so far away from what's best for all Americans because of the self imposed segregation. As a police officer I see on a daily basis just how horrible we are to each other and that's by in large what has held us back as a Nation and in a lot of ways a world population.

Oh shut up.

No sir I will not. Not until we all take a close look at these things. We must realize that we are not the just Nation that we try to convince the world we are or we try to convince ourselves we are.

More of our nation's history needs to be taught and learned not just a basic outline. It can't be left up to schools we should educate ourselves about our history and its impact on our present and future.

We need to develop a mindset of empowering ourselves with knowledge because it will inform our lives and give us better choices. Our indifference is what has led us to the challenges we face today.

Stuart

You sound exactly like a young indoctrinated mush for brains college kid. Your post a display of feelings and emotions having no substance.

One Post was exactly right if I interpreted his post correctly.

"We" you say? You're preaching to the choir. Preach this to some board dominated by liberal Democrat scum because that's who "we" is.

DemocRATS don't want to make this country "great again". To them America was never great. Its founding unjust and its greatness ill-gotten.

So naïve of you to think democRATS have any vision of unity and racial harmony. DemocRATS very existence depends on divisiveness and racism. You are responsible for it. You thrive on there being "victims", the victims you create.. then turn around dupe the American people into voting DemocRAT because democRATS are for the little guy, and only democRAT can save us...and those, those, Republicans, those villains.

"We" need stop playing the homophobe, racist, islamophobe, woman hater, card.

"We" in the democRAT run state media need to stop being purveyors of this crap and in bed with liberalism.

"We" in academia need to stop filling the brains of kids like you full of lies and hatred for conservatism.

There is no "reaching across the aisle" with you democRAT scum.

Liberalism needs to be destroyed first, then we'll talk about your call for "unity" and reaching across the aisle later.

Well as I've discussed before our issues as a nation go far beyond the past eight years. While I am particularly proud that an African American reached the Oval Office. That was only one step of countless that need to be taken.

We all need to confront all the things in our history that we're unjust. Part of our challenge as a nation is we want throw labels on everything black this white that hispanic this and Asian that. We segregate ourselves instead of recognizing each other as human beings much less American human beings.

We've gotten so far away from what's best for all Americans because of the self imposed segregation. As a police officer I see on a daily basis just how horrible we are to each other and that's by in large what has held us back as a Nation and in a lot of ways a world population.

Marcus, buddy, I admire your reasoned and very smart posts. Just know that we are a rambling, sometimes

hilariously belligerent bunch. Having said that let me quibble a bit.

Of course we have problems that weren't created by this president. However, he made it far, far worse, by making

it with serious arrogant racial bigotry outlook - from his lofty perch in our WH. THAT has spawned a lot of hell breaking loose

at times, because the trouble-makers have black bigotry backing from all the way to the top.

And, obaMao got elected, not just by the black vote, but by many, many other Americans who believed that it

would be a great thing to have a black president. ObaMao could have inspired so many black kids to greatness

in their daily lives. Instead, he did the opposite. He plundered that opportunity to ingraciate himself with adoration from

those who have been told a bijillion times that they are entitled to everything because of racial injustice and the

non-existence of opportunities.

I don't know much about racism. When I was a kid, my best friend in school was black. The only one in our school.

One day, I had to finish some work I missed because we went out of state to a funeral, and got out to recess late.

Fourth freakin grade. I got out there, and some other girls in class came to me crying that he was running for his life

from several kids who were throwing rocks and had sticks.

They ran to get a teacher's attention, and I ran out to the far end of the playground, and flying to the trees, was my friend,

being chased like a fox ...by hounds. I ran up towards him, waved him past me, and I Cleveland Browns offensve tackle?

went and threw myself sideways and mowed them down. I kinda didn't realize that they were going to be pizzed, and I

ended up being whomped with sticks and stomped for a few seconds, until they left and continued their chase.

Greg (his real name, btw) got back safety, and there was a whole lot of investigation, meetings, serious stuff.

That's just the major part of 1 of two stories. Obamao didn't cause racist garbage, of course not.

But he belligerently, even dangerously, used it as a platform to the WH, and as a power tool all

the while he was there.

The American people hadn't bargained for that, and when he doubled down on it his second term, the American

pendulum swung back the other way. (I'm pretty proud of my pendulum analogy).

and, Marcus, "step that needs to be taken"... I don't know. Things like having a black president should happen,

but not for the sake of "needs to happen". It just SHOULD happen, when the right president comes along.

That was America's mistake with the pitiful excuse for a pres we've had for eight years. And "pitiful" has nothing

to do with the color of his skin. Otherwise, I really appreciate your posts. We all have to have a tough skin around here....

to stinkie's belligerent point, lol, the out of control arrogance and belligerence of the left makes it

impossible for there to a

a "we". Fringe hate groups, dangerous/despicable as they are, can't stop us. But the left has been stopping us.

Unfortunately, they have been enabled by a large voting block of black voters. But so many folks are seeing

through that now, so we are far better for it.

And, maybe I'll tell another story about racism when I was in the Air Force...one of these days....

Since when has being college educated translated into being indoctrinated or mush brained?

It sounds to me you seem threatened by someone that has the words to say what's on their mind without calling others scum or mush brained or rats.

AlI my thoughts and opinions come from my own research and experience as college educated, U.S. Army combat veteran, who for the last ten years has served the city of Savannah, GA as police officer and instructor.

My ideas and thoughts also stem from being the product of an interracial relationship. This led to me being subject to discrimination on both sides of the racial spectrum. Despite that, I have become a well respected law enforcement professional. I speak on things as the way I have seen them through my own eyes and certainly do not need any political news outlet to tell me how to see the world. I try to subscribe to both schools of thought as both have their valuable qualities.

While there's plenty to be gained from both sides; it's quite evident that both have their own agenda and neither agenda particularly favors the working American.

While I am a working man, I'm more importantly a follower of Jesus Christ and a family man. I try to live by Christ's example as best I can and along with my wife we teach our children to do the same.

My wife and I also stress to our children the value of education and for speaking and standing up for what they believe in. Even if that means it is met with uninspired and unoriginal rhetoric in kind. I encourage my kids to keep their faith in God and not in man. Because as my own experience and history itself has taught me: most men do not value peace.

Though Christ sacraficed himself for us all. He did so knowing full well that many of us would not accept or live by his example. His example was studying and conversing with people that he knew would reject his thought process but he did so because of his love for them. Jesus teaches us to hate sin but not sinners because we all sin and fall short of his glory. That is where my call for unity comes from not some politician, or news media outlet. It's what God wants for us; for his children to live in peace.

I read the first post, scrolled all of the way, and am assuming, somewhere along the way, "Obamao" was blamed for the divide. Am I right?

Where's my free phone Woody? Why do I have to work while some irresponsible woman has unprotected sex and cant feed the three she already has? Why should I pay out the wazoo for medical insurance while some get everything for free? Because I work? It's fucking bullshit.

Everyone should be responsible for their own actions and suffer the repercussions of bad choices, then they won't make the same misstakes over and over again bleeding into another generation doing the same.

On the protesting...oh it's ok to bust out a window and steal a tv because some thug got shot? Or if it was a policmans fault then it's ok for all police all over the country to get shot at?

The Dems are mosty to blame and when it makes a shift of course it the fucking white people.

That wasn't my intended message. Of course many point a finger at Obama for dividing the country. I contend that the country has been divided long before Obama took office. Did some of his actions and words create tension? I don't think so, because the tension was always there. Did the country divide and start to mistrust each other because of Obama? I don't think so because division and mistrust already existed. I will say that Obama's Presidency and the election of Donald Trump has brought these tensions, divisions, and this mistrust to the forefront.

But instead of addressing it the way it should be we're content to personify our greatest fears about one another. I pray that these happenings don't take us to a place to where there's nowhere to go but further into darkness.

Okay, Mr. Marcus, you're walking on the fightin side of me now. LOL

No, it's just that ObaMao made them worse...way, way worse. As pres, he made

a national disgrace of himself by belittliing the Boston white policemen, and supporting

the black professor, without knowing the facts. big oops.

Then he went and lit a fire under the Al Sharpton's influence etc etc etc..... by talking about

how Trayvan Martin could have been his son. Without knowing the facts. That's pretty sad.

Can you imagine a white president supporting a guilty white kid that got deservedly shot,

and then saying that the kid could have been his son because he was white?

Obamao threw gasoline on a smaller fire. and he did it with arrogance, and belligerence, like no other

president who isn't black, could.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johncgoodman/2016/07/14/why-race-relations-have-gotten-worse-under-barack-obama-n2192725

"Barack Obama is the most partisan president in our life time and he seems to understand almost instinctively that racial polarization is essential to the Democratic Party’s electoral strategy. (See this essay by Seven Malanga in the City Journal.) In the aftermath of police shootings in St. Paul and Baton Rouge, the president said, “These are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system.”

Did those comments cause Black Lives Matter marchers in Dallas to chant “Pigs in a blanket; fry ‘em like bacon”? It certainly didn’t discourage it."

great. cleve etc are going to say I bash obaMao because he's black.

and I guess I bash higgardly the lying marxist pig because she's white.

and I think geraldo rivera is a very intelligent, bigoted asswipe because he's...eh...

of mexican descent?

false narratives are a boon to liberals with zero integrity.

Archived