THE BROWNS BOARD

Cap Space

darren15

Tons to play with. We can re-sign Pryor, go after Collins (franchise if needed), and throw a decent offer at Paz.

Sign all of our draft picks. Sign role players.

And then still have the cash to go after 3-4 starters 26 and under.

If we don't like the draft and we want to make a splash at QB we can do that too, but I think Cousins stays in Wash and Romo too old for us, so the only real target might be Garrapolo who we would trade for and lock up with a deal.

Zombo

Guys up for renewal in 2018:

Bitonio

Kirksey

Davis

Greco

RG3

Plus others, who might become worth resigning, like Ed Reynolds and Jamie Meder.

At least two big contracts there for Bitonio and Kirksey, so need to plan for the following year when signing players this offseason.

Guys up for renewal in 2014:

Bitonio

Kirksey

Davis

Greco

RG3

Plus others, who might become worth resigning, like Ed Reynolds and Jamie Meder.

At least two big contracts there for Bitonio and Kirksey, so need to plan for the following year when signing players this offseason.

I am more interested in those up for renewal next year .....

We're pretty much going to have to spend SOMETHING if we plan on keeping some of the little talent we have on the roster. Both Pryor and Collins will demand big bucks, and it's unknown how they will play out. I have a sneaking suspicion that Collins only plays for us again if we franchise him. I just can't see a guy coming from New England (where you always win), and going to Cleveland where you never win. That's such a huge transition...and it's not like the Browns would be the only team to offer Collins huge bucks. To ensure we DO franchise him, we have to get Pryor's deal done immediately, and I would hope it's sooner than later. Like...now. We haven't heard any developments regarding Pryor's contract, but that's normal. This is a guy we found, that other teams like New England didn't WANT, and we put forth the time and the effort to develop him. We simply CAN'T let another franchise reap those rewards. Overpay the guy, who cares. He's EXACTLY the kind of guy we want on this football team. Btw, can you IMAGINE the Patriots' offense if they had Terrell Pryor?? Yeesh.

Actually I am not sure I can imagine the Pats coveting TP. He does not fit their WR general profile of smaller, cat-quick, precise route-runners. And as yet he's not displayed a full route tree.

In recent memory the Pats have signed two, big-name, WR FAs: Moss and Chad Johnson... at least those are the only two I remember. One worked out.

That said... back to the main point. If our QB plans are made clear to TP, then that plus his gratitude for us giving him a shot and his apparent love of Hue, may get a deal done. His visible frustration with out passing attack/QB play makes sharing this plan important. Also, as I've posted before, an incentive laden plan with injury guarantees will go a long way to securing him.

And the above is step one is retaining Collins where the tag may be the only way to keep him around long enough to see the franchise begin its turn. Is he worth tagging?

Average top-five, 2017 money for 3-4 OLBs will be ~$17.8mm. That'd be his price tag. His production would not seem to warrant that pay, but there may be enough in the tape plus intangibles to close any gap. And opposite the right draftee his numbers might well rise to the pay grade.

Actually I am not sure I can imagine the Pats coveting TP. He does not fit their WR general profile of smaller, cat-quick, precise route-runners. And as yet he's not displayed a full route tree.

In recent memory the Pats have signed two, big-name, WR FAs: Moss and Chad Johnson... at least those are the only two I remember. One worked out.

That said... back to the main point. If our QB plans are made clear to TP, then that plus his gratitude for us giving him a shot and his apparent love of Hue, may get a deal done. His visible frustration with out passing attack/QB play makes sharing this plan important. Also, as I've posted before, an incentive laden plan with injury guarantees will go a long way to securing him.

And the above is step one is retaining Collins where the tag may be the only way to keep him around long enough to see the franchise begin its turn. Is he worth tagging?

Average top-five, 2017 money for 3-4 OLBs will be ~$17.8mm. That'd be his price tag. His production would not seem to warrant that pay, but there may be enough in the tape plus intangibles to close any gap. And opposite the right draftee his numbers might well rise to the pay grade.

I have read it more than once that the Pack has their sights set on Pryor. I was hoping to get a long term deal with him at the trade deadline to keep him here. The big bucks have been known to sway loyalty more than once

I have read it more than once that the Pack has their sights set on Pryor. I was hoping to get a long term deal with him at the trade deadline to keep him here.

Alot of the extensions get done during a bye week. Especially late byes, if player/agent are willing to talk during season. Drew Dough$ n House will certainly treat SB as a rookie GM..Now is the time..Get eeerrr Done!! Collins more like the tag & run to highest bidder player. I see No Keugley deal yet with Collins

Archived