THE BROWNS BOARD

AWESOME: Ohio passes HEARTBEAT BILL, restricting abortion once heartbeat is detected

OldBrownsFan

Yeah, health isn't my major concern here. It's the ability of the mother/parent to care for their child and help to raise them into productive members of society.

If the mother can't afford to take care of herself, how is she supposed to take care of a child as well?

If the mother isn't mature enough to take on the responsibility of becoming a mother, what's the likelihood the child grows into a mature and productive human being?

But you forgot one thing.

Jesus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ur still telling someone whatbthey can and cant do with their own bodies, whether that happens the day after or 8 montjs down the road no difference. Some abortions happen very late term because complications arise and the couple wants to secure their ability to have more children in the future. The list of valid unselfish reasons is long. But conservatives want to act as if every abortion happens because of he woman just doesnt feel like it. Those abortions are the ones that happen before the babys heartbeat. So this law only fucks with the women who want to have children but have to terminate a preg due to complications

If it was their body they would be the one that dies.

Most, but not all, and the ones who would slip through the cracks - like rape victims and mother's who fetuses show extreme genetic abnormalities - would be the ones who would pay the price for this bill.

Conception from rape is extremely rare. Also we don't punish children for the sins of their father in this country.

Yeah, health isn't my major concern here. It's the ability of the mother/parent to care for their child and help to raise them into productive members of society.

If the mother can't afford to take care of herself, how is she supposed to take care of a child as well?

If the mother isn't mature enough to take on the responsibility of becoming a mother, what's the likelihood the child grows into a mature and productive human being?

Then why is she having sex?

it also goes back to LBJ, democrats, and the assistance gleaned from the gov for single moms/children.

But they didn't bargain for the fact that many poor families had their children bear children. They needed the money.

or...did they....

How Welfare Undermines Marriage and What to Do About It
www.heritage.org/.../how-welfare-undermines-marriage-and-what-to-do-...
Nov 17, 2014 - Children raised by married parents have substantially better life ... Many of these negative outcomes are associated with the higher ... When the War on Poverty began in 1964, only 7 percent of children were born to unmarried women. ... a single welfare program—Aid to Families with Dependent Children ...
Births to Unmarried Women - Child Trends
www.childtrends.org › DataBank Indicator
[5] ,[6] ,[7] ,[8] As young adults, children born outside of marriage are more likely to be ... and are more likely to be dependent on welfare assistance compared with ... The proportion of births to unmarried women has increased greatly in recent ... or Pacific Islander women muchless likely than women in other groups to have ...

Point being, this bill is guided mainly by a religious nature. Not all people subscribe to the same belief system. We're I to be a representative of my district or in the Senate I would realize this is a highly personal and...intense choice.

As a man I myself obstain because I first feel women should decide this matter. Second, again, if I don't believe it right I would not consider an abortion nor would I want my gf/wife to.

It's high time we redeveloped the mindset of staying out of our neighbors business.

Can't have that, though. We need to impose our personal choices on others.

Conception from rape is extremely rare. Also we don't punish children for the sins of their father in this country.

"among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year"

I realize when you take that as a percentage of the whole its like 5% and that doesnt seem statistically relevant. But thats still 32k rape pregnancies

if indeed those are really cases of rape...

just sayin, how many hundreds of millions of Americans are there?

let's see...319 milllion....23,000 divided by...

about 7 percent.? Small percentage...big disgrace.

So, my question still stands. Why not a morning after pill in case of rape?

what is the idea that rape automatically results in pregnancy in weeks past

the week a heartbeat is found?

Wouldn't that apply to a one-year-old as well?

WSS

Wouldn't that apply to a one-year-old as well?

WSS

Which party are you referring to here?

If it's the mother, well, you've been out of the game for awhile evidently.

If it's the child, that's where DCFS comes into play but that's an entirely different discussion.

if indeed those are really cases of rape...

just sayin, how many hundreds of millions of Americans are there?

let's see...319 milllion....23,000 divided by...

about 7 percent.? Small percentage...big disgrace.

There's 319 million women in America?

Your math is already flawed.

So, my question still stands. Why not a morning after pill in case of rape?

what is the idea that rape automatically results in pregnancy in weeks past

the week a heartbeat is found?

Well at that point aren't you just playing mental gymnastics. If left alone, it would still be a baby. So by terminating life the day after or a few weeks after, you are still terminating what would be a baby. Not trying to be obtuse about it but the stoppage of life still exists and I thought that was the rub from the pro-life side.

Which party are you referring to here?

If it's the mother, well, you've been out of the game for awhile evidently.

If it's the child, that's where DCFS comes into play but that's an entirely different discussion.

I'm just referencing the point that was made that it's better to abort the child that might be unwanted or wouldn't be born into a proper home. That would be the case for a one-year-old as well.

WSS

We also dont allow men to propagate their dna through rape

I keep hearing this rape rape rape rape we need abortions because of rape babies.

First, rape babies are nowhere near as common as pro-abortion folks make them out to be. Second, the female could save herself the time and invasive nature of an abortion on top of the indignity of having been raped by taking a plan b afterwards.

I keep hearing this rape rape rape rape we need abortions because of rape babies.

First, rape babies are nowhere near as common as pro-abortion folks make them oUT to be. Second, the female could save herself the time and invasive nature of an abortion on top of the indignity of having been raped by taking a plan b afterwards.

That's another reason that every human being in the United States of America should have DNA on file. If a woman is indeed raped then the culprit will be found and can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It would be especially helpful in cases where she just can't remember who it might have been or any details.

WSS

That's another reason that every human being in the United States of America should have DNA on file. If a woman is indeed raped then the culprit will be found and can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It would be especially helpful in cases where she just can't remember who it might have been or any details.

WSS

No way. First they register your DNA, then they confiscate your DNA. Happens every time.

Archived