THE BROWNS BOARD

Move Over Sashi .....

darren15

exactly...which 100% confirms his side of the story......

so....to to be sure....it is your opinion that good players, who are injured, should be forced to play a meaningless game....then fined....then suspended....then cut......instead of getting healed and retained.....

you think thats the norm?....got it....

Too much talent. He would have made our draft picks look worse than they are

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so....to to be sure....it is your opinion that good players, who are injured, should be forced to play a meaningless game....then fined....then suspended....then cut......instead of getting healed and retained.....

I believe you just won your case Mud! Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, who says you need to be Legally Blonde to win a case?

As much as I liked K'Wuan - he was injury prone. He didn't finish quite a few games he started/worked as our 3rd corner. It's probably a big reason he doesn't have a job today.

I remembered Gipson showing up with a crappy attitude last year because the Browns didn't give him his dream contract when he made the Pro Bowl despite playing only about half the season in 2014. Just out of curiosity, is he lighting it up for the Jacksonville franchise that did throw him the free agent $ he wanted?

He needs surgery before he can play....bone spurs...."word" is that 20 teams were prepared to tap him, when Chicago claimed him...

He is in the midst of a grievance with the Browns and, my guess is that he will have the surgery, rehab and then play for someone again....

My beef isnt so much that he's gone....it's that he was mishandled and the staff missed the boat on a very young....affordable....player......which is what we are supposedly trying to collect and build a team with......it's not like we are teeming with young, effective DB's....

Gipson?......not one that I was really sad to see go....and probably not "lighting it up".....but he has started and played every game and is certainly playing better than our FS's......(a position we basically suck at and perhaps the weakest position on a terrible D)

Not sure why we bowed our backs in K'waun's case. Default position has to start with taking care of the player if we expect to attract FAs down the road. So I am left wondering, "What don't we know?"

Williams was a good player but had issues staying on the field with concussions before the bone spurs thing even came up. We've moved on and Jamar Taylor, when not being forced to play outside because Grandpa Williams can't, is at least on a level with him.

He can't play for awhile. That is why he was cut. If he could, the Bears would have kept him.

He can't play for awhile. That is why he was cut. If he could, the Bears would have kept him.

As usual....no reply to the question or point being made....

Ill answer it for you....Injury Reserve....its what most teams do(or all of em, actually).....I just saw you post on another thread about how this team has put extra people on the list to protect them....yet, them fining, suspending and cutting an injured(quality, young, affordable) player seems ok?

Isnt that what we are supposed to be attemtping to draft...and keep?....young, affordable talent?////

Ill answer it for you....Injury Reserve....its what most teams do(or all of em, actually).....I just saw you post on another thread about how this team has put extra people on the list to protect them....yet, them fining, suspending and cutting an injured(quality, young, affordable) player seems ok?

Isnt that what we are supposed to be attemtping to draft...and keep?....young, affordable talent?////

Williams sucks, get over it

Williams sucks, get over it

he didnt when he played....and Im long over him being gone...

you all miss the point, oh so often......which wasnt that I miss him, its that our team didnt handle the situation right....

figure it out...

you can sweep every bad decision under the rug or you can accept them for what they are.....seems a lot of you cant accept that Hue and Shashi arent perfect and make mistakes(some real doosies too).....and if they do....apparently cant accept or hear it.....

So...the discussion wasnt that we miss Kwaun...it was "why" is he gone?.....why did they screw him like they did?......and no one seems able to answer that question....

you all miss the point, oh so often......which wasnt that I miss him, its that our team didnt handle the situation right....

figure it out...

you can sweep every bad decision under the rug or you can accept them for what they are.....seems a lot of you cant accept that Hue and Shashi arent perfect and make mistakes(some real doosies too).....and if they do....apparently cant accept or hear it.....

So...the discussion wasnt that we miss Kwaun...it was "why" is he gone?.....why did they screw him like they did?......and no one seems able to answer that question....

I'll answer.... It's because they're assholes. That's pretty much it.

figure it out...

I think we're all interested to hear your working theories. "They're a bunch of idiots" doesn't qualify as a good one.

So if "all of em, actually" use IR, why didn't the Bears?

As usual............................................................no reply to the question or point being made.

figure it out...

The real discussion is why does it matter how we handled a CB who's not playing in the league and was mediocre at best before that.

The real discussion is why does it matter how we handled a CB who's not playing in the league and was mediocre at best before that.

Because if it were handled badly, it might put other players off coming here - not UDFAs looking for *any* chance in the league, but guys with some freedom of choice maybe.

I think we're all interested to hear your working theories. "They're a bunch of idiots" doesn't qualify as a good one.

Ive already said I have no clue.....trying to seek the answer through discussion(which is what you're always bitchin we should do)....but apparently you have no clue either.....

As usual............................................................no reply to the question or point being made.

because they needed a CB now and he needed surgery?

now that I think about it....the team is so bad that I guess it doesnt matter....no one even cares anymore..... we've got so much talent we can afford to cut and chop anyone we like.....or dont....

Kind of like stealing a nickle from a homeless guy....one person says it's wrong.....someone else says "who cares" ...he's homeless and it's only a nickle.....

Because if it were handled badly, it might put other players off coming here - not UDFAs looking for *any* chance in the league, but guys with some freedom of choice maybe.

exactly.....thanks for seeing it Chris.....

don't think J.Taylor or Collins or Andy Lee turning into Colquit & a 4th got freedom of choice, but I like the way this FO is turning PICKS into TRADES on guys we would normally never get a sniff at..we do save some cap on cutting RG3 in 2017 & McC is not on Hues Xmas List in future, ssoooo a pending pre or draft trade on a QB may not be out of their Harvard House Cleaning if Hue's on board with it also..

all i know is that this is a divisive a topic as the country is divisive on every topic right now. some see positives with this FO even with this debacle of a season (?) and some are realists, like me.

all i know is if i hear foundation players after next year's draft i'm gonna............. do nothin really. just be pissed like i am now.

I worry about Hues QB assessments....as a HC he has drfted and signed Pryor, RGIII and Kessler....youch

(could have been Kap :o)those Luck's & Yota's types would never fall to sorry teams like us, but Carr did & Dak did...it's Our Time for a little Magic Sashi "BullWinkle" Brown....POOOOOFF!!! (he's out there somewhere again, Spin the wheel)

because they needed a CB now and he needed surgery?

Can I play, too?

I see a legitimate and sizable difference between:

• IR'ing a rostered player, one in whom you have made a financial investment, who requires surgery; and
  • signing a player knowing he will go straight to your IR.

The former follows thru on an on-going commitment. The latter takes on a burden.

Still, if he was this great talent, it would have been worth it. I mean, if JJ Watt gets cut and we get him off waivers, I'm pretty much positive no one would be too bothered that he has to go straight to IR.

Mud, I think the lack of good theories indicates to us there was more to the story, so we should let the FO be. As you pointed out, K'Waun was a perfect player for us. That tells me that this FO wouldn't let him go without a good reason.

Obviously an extreme example. My point is that I (and Mud probably) believe K'Waun, when healthy, is a pretty supreme talent. Most teams would like to have him. So the fact that Chicago didn't put him on IR so they could keep him in their organization tells me there's something else in the works other than what's on the surface. Don't know what it is.

I don't agree with that.

Our cornerback coverage has been better this year than last.

Safeties have been far worse, even with improvement as year has gone on.

Statistically K-wan had 2 passes defended, 0 ints, 30 tackles 8 assist last year

Brien Boddy Calhoun has 9 passes defended, 2 ints, 30 tackles and three assists.

Our starters, Haden and Taylor have 9 and 10 passes defensed.

Who was he better than, our fourth corner Williams? Not really.

He's one guy we don't miss. Good find with Calhoun.

Zombo

Archived