THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Bills Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't a celebration at all. It's group therapy, it's a session of mourning.

It's also a giant flag in the face of Haslam that he is responsible for the mess the Browns are in.

I'm sure Jimmy already knows. He's at the games when there are more of the visitors fans there then his teams fans. And the stadium is half empty

I had such high hopes for Jimmah......but, wow.......not impressed

Yeah I was hoping he would be better then Randy Lerner. But at this point he is much worse

Im not watching next year if they dont change to a 4-3. Especially if they draft garrett and stand him up, im done. Im amicable to sitting through bad seasons but if they keep doing thevsame shit that doesnt work year after year i cant be a part of that. I cant watch another year with new rookies whose natural positions are for one defensevand we try to shoe horn them into another.

That some of you atbthe beginning of the season were insisting that og and nas were perfectly acceptable as 3-4 olb'ers shows how little some of u understand this game. Even horton now understsnds this and hasvstopped standing them up. But like i said we now have this shitbox box of shit defense that changes with every substitution.

I mean they should retire the browns name and colors and rebrand to something that doesn't inspire despair in the players wearing the uniform. The only answer, when a team has been as bad as the browns for as long as the browns is that the players just put on the uniform and expect to be awful. They have no morale and nothing to rally around. The Browns haven't had a successful season for so long there are no real greats to look back to. Pettine was fond of saying play like a brown. Playing like a brown means garbage.

Well,,,its pretty obvious, by reading this board, that all discussion of the Browns is basically dead.....except who to draft....

There are no threads this season about our dynamic rookies or their visible growth......

There are no threads about how the "plan" is coming together and you can see the improvement...

No threads about exciting plays OR players......or games.....

Instead of 50 page game threads....we now get 3 page game threads.....

Why????.......cause this season and the "plan" are a complete failure so far....nothing to cheer about....nada....

At least.....for the first time ever....I predicted our final record after game one of the pre-season.....

Where are all the folks who called me an idiot when I said we wouldnt win a game?

Where are all those who said "this" was the plan....cause you should be pleased as punch.....helllooo?

Sorry guys....the only reason the NFL exists is for entertainment and making $ off of fans......this is not entertaining and not fun

If my favorite restaurant decides to change the menu....I hope they dont cancel all the "ok" meals and just feed me hot shit for a couple years while they sort it out.....cause if they did, Id never come back....

I mean they should retire the browns name and colors and rebrand to something that doesn't inspire despair in the players wearing the uniform. The only answer, when a team has been as bad as the browns for as long as the browns is that the players just put on the uniform and expect to be awful. They have no morale and nothing to rally around. The Browns haven't had a successful season for so long there are no real greats to look back to. Pettine was fond of saying play like a brown. Playing like a brown means garbage.

What really sucks is even talking about this. And I understand where you're coming from. How about Cleveland Rox for a name?

i've been trying to find some bright spots this season....all i can think of is none of our high-drafted rookies have been complete busts, like Gilbert and Manziel. so, progress, right???? Coleman and Ogbah look somewhat decent. Kessler did not do spectacularly bad, better than I expected and I actually think he did better than McCown this season in terms of getting rid of the ball and not fumbling/throwing interceptions. O-line gave RG3 time to throw today on a lot of plays. as the perennial saying goes, "wait until next year", maybe if I start drinking now I can erase the memory of this year by the time the next season starts.

Well,,,its pretty obvious, by reading this board, that all discussion of the Browns is basically dead.....except who to draft....

There are no threads this season about our dynamic rookies or their visible growth......

There are no threads about how the "plan" is coming together and you can see the improvement...

Why????.......cause this season and the "plan" are a complete failure so far....nothing to cheer about....nada....

At least.....for the first time ever....I predicted our final record after game one of the pre-season.....

Where are all the folks who called me an idiot when I said we wouldnt win a game?

Where are all those who said "this" was the plan....cause you should be pleased as punch.....helllooo?

Sorry guys....the only reason the NFL exists is for entertainment and making $ off of fans......this is not entertaining and not fun

If my favorite restaurant decides to change the menu....I hope they dont cancel all the "ok" meals and just feed me hot shit for a couple years while they sort it out.....cause if they did, Id never come back....

True, the threads are dying. The fan base is basically in shock about a winless team, a team not making strides forward.

For me, yeah I'm a big-time homer and this sucks. I didn't expect a whole lot of wins (I did expect a win today), I expected the team to improve as the season went on. It's gotten worse obviously.

I'm not willing to throw anybody under the bus however (I have a hand on Horton though). "the Plan," as you describe it needs time. As a season ticket holder, I HATE typing that, but this group has only had one draft, one season of FA acquisitions, etc.

You started a thread recently about who stays, who goes. It was a good way to look at things. The Browns FO and their "plan" should be looking at it the same way, and move forward from there to fill more holes in the roster. I believe they will do that.

My opinion- stand pat in draft position, draft BPA. 4 of the top 64 picks ought to vastly improve things right there.

0-14 fucking sucks, but this IS rock-bottom. Brighter days ahead.

I dont understand the fan base being in shock over a winless season when it was predicted. We knew it was gonna be an overhaul. The onlynthing that really incenses me is not using this season to grow. If they start rg again instead of seeing further whatbwe have in kessler or hogan, than this qb carousel will continue next season and thevresults will be the same. If we dont build a consistent def id then the results will also be the same on def next year.....and thats unacceptable.

Having a winless season is more stomachable to me then a cobbled 1-2 win season that leaves offseason question marks about team needs. If we committed to the 4-3 than we can just go out and get a 4-3 DE. Staying in this hybrid garbage brings in to question who we draft. Can allen play the 5 tech? Can garett standup? We do this shit every year. If we go to a 4-3 it doesnt really matter if we get allen or garett.

I dont understand the fan base being in shock over a winless season when it was predicted. We knew it was gonna be an overhaul. The onlynthing that really incenses me is not using this season to grow. If they start rg again instead of seeing further whatbwe have in kessler or hogan, than this qb carousel will continue next season and thevresults will be the same. If we dont build a consistent def id then the results will also be the same on def next year.....and thats unacceptable.

Having a winless season is more stomachable to me then a cobbled 1-2 win season that leaves offseason question marks about team needs. If we committed to the 4-3 than we can just go out and get a 4-3 DE. Staying in this hybrid garbage brings in to question who we draft. Can allen play the 5 tech? Can garett standup? We do this shit every year. If we go to a 4-3 it doesnt really matter if we get allen or garett.

I think RG3 sealed his fate today. While some replays showed that WRs weren't open, I think he's too indecisive, I bet he's a goner in the off season.

The only reason they won't start Kessler at this point would be to protect him from another concussion.

Does your vagina tingle when you say "not if it affects our draft status"?

Win a fucking football game.

If it makes you feel better the Niners have the Rams again, have you seen the Rams lately?

Win the fucking football game.

I hope we draft second. I don't want to be the worst team. I'd love to see some end of season progress with these newbs. We have 40 draft picks. We can make that work from the two spot.

If you root for Pittsburgh over us, I am coming to Hobbs Ferry and knocking you off your barstool.

Z

It's not win a damn game- it's (if you're being 1\2 objective) there isn't enough talent on the Browns to win a game. I sat down this afternoon fully expecting a loss. Seriously. McCoy has his best rushing day as a Bill, the Browns secondary looked like they were running a Chinese Fire Drill back there- from the occasional wide shots, there were receivers wide open all day, and the D-line again got very little pressure on Taylor. Add in the usual dumb penalties, and Griffin tossing errant passes into the dirt- or, can you blame Pryor for missing that catch when the ball was around 9 feet in the air? He had to sky to even get his hands on it. So to get back to what Mud just posted- what I just said pretty much sums up this cluster f**k game, no? Hey, I'm used to it now, no reason to get upset.

The Curmudgeon of the Survival League says: If they can't beat the Chargers next week, they sure as hell aren't beating the Steelers New Year's Day. Even if Pittsburgh has a playoff seed locked up and rests their starters, their backups are good enough to beat the Browns- that's IMHO how bad the Browns are this year.

Hey Ogbah had a decent game. That's about it. We still cant seal the edge for shit though. I had the over\under for Browns wins at 2-1\2, took the under, and got lots of grief in the Survivor league when I said I'm taking whoever the Browns are playing.....

What is so disappointing is that they are making fundamental mistakes. Talent level I can live with, but when these guys are doing things so fundamentally wrong it makes me wonder what the fuck they even do in practice.

Practice being as bad as possible?

And I say fuck accepting or celebrating complete shit

Who said anything about accepting the current train wreck? It is what it is Mud- complete shit. Historically bad complete shit. So bad in fact- I've had the inspiration to compose a few songs to celebrate their suckiness- I'll save them until we're 0-16. My new hit single to the tune of Dire Straits Sultans of Swing my new tune- "The Sultans of Suck".

Nah- I can't resist....

"Well it's raining by the lake you hear there's a mistake

So East of the River you stop and you hold every thing

There's a team trying to play football...

Well you step inside but you don't see many faces...

Waiting for the crap to go down..."

To be continued, there's more.... :)

As to the parade- maybe it just might embarrass the FO to do something right for a change, and can the Clown Show that is the Browns this year. Yeah, I'll probably show up, wearing a paper bag over my head in my Couch jersey carrying a Factory of Sadness sign. I hope a few thousand other like minded fans do the same.

RGIII, I already gave up on him. He just doessn't have "'it". And this defense, I'm sure Horton has it working

on paper, but he can never find the players to make it work. I think I'm thinking of drafting

that 340 lb tackle in the draft, to put him at RG. Letting RGIII keep playing just seals his fate,

and a winless season. I expect McCown to play vs the squealers.

how the hell the facemask gets called in the end zone, the ref throws the flag, then they

make him pick it up and say there was no foul.

what...in...the...hell..is....going...on?

Let me guess.... your daily number is 4-3-3-4?

MIk, I like that- maybe the Browns could win a few if they played 14 on 11. :D

It's like a standard 4-3 and secondary, with three extra players so we can double team every tight end and running back, and make all the tackles the other guys miss?

There was one moment, I think just after the first massively wayward pass (behind Duke) that the cameras cut to Pep Hamilton, and he was there with such a resigned look on his face, like he sees RG3 is wasted, a nothing.

It's like a standard 4-3 and secondary, with three extra players so we can double team every tight end and running back, and make all the tackles the other guys miss?

What on God's green earth makes you think we could identify a TE to double team? :P

I had such high hopes for Jimmah......but, wow.......not impressed

hey mud, i remember back in the summer on the board where everyone was discussing music opinions, you sent me a chicago video of "make me smile". well maybe this will make you smile and forget about jimmah and his clowns..Jan 1st on cnn there will be a documentary on chicago. I think at 8pm. Should be great...looking foward to it...Just wanted to let you know.

There was one moment, I think just after the first massively wayward pass (behind Duke) that the cameras cut to Pep Hamilton, and he was there with such a resigned look on his face, like he sees RG3 is wasted, a nothing.

what the fuck is a pep hamilton....guess i don't keep up with the assistant coachies as i should...but really, do i want to...

Archived