THE BROWNS BOARD

Start Kessler

Zombo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All on Hue Z. Hue wanted progress, Well 5 more completions from 12 of 28 to 17 of 28..104 yrds. to 196 yrds. 3 sacks to 5 today. with a QBR from 38.4 to 81.8.. a frozen turf at home does Kessler no favors but not playing Kess in our climate does Hue no good either..maybe 180 browns fans boo RG off the field at half...RG is Done in arena football level.. even worse We have no Veteran Leader emotionally coming from this defensive unit. Davis & Collins just don't have It in them to lead & the rest run around like deer in headlights about to get trucked..bad day but Hue never has learned the game day QB decision with this media..hope that changes too

All on Hue Z. Hue wanted progress, Well 5 more completions from 12 of 28 to 17 of 28..104 yrds. to 196 yrds. 3 sacks to 5 today. with a QBR from 38.4 to 81.8.. a frozen turf at home does Kessler no favors but not playing Kess in our climate does Hue no good either..maybe 180 browns fans boo RG off the field at half...RG is Done in arena football level.. even worse We have no Veteran Leader emotionally coming from this defensive unit. Davis & Collins just don't have It in them to lead & the rest run around like deer in headlights about to get trucked..bad day but Hue never has learned the game day QB decision with this media..hope that changes too

Those are garbage stats. Duke Johnson running around with a dumpoff once the game was over. RG3 misses everything important, please end this. Kessler will be there next year. Play him.

Z

He's better, he's younger, he has a future with this team.

Quit wasting time on RG3.

Do you homos agree?

Z

I was done with R Glass after the preseason and the first game Z. He is exactly what I thought he was- a mobile Derek Anderson after defensive coordinators figured him out. He was sitting behind Colt Freaking McCoy and got dumped for a reason by the Redskins- he sucks, with a capital S. His accuracy & ability to make quick decisions blows dead worms, to put it mildly. So Hue had orgasms watching Robert toss (in a tryout) the ball (in a t-shirt and shorts) 70 yards in the air- (real game) into double coverage. Whoop-ti-doo.

Did Hue come out after the game and say "well Robert did some good things today?" Predictable, and excuse me while I barf.

At least Horton Hears a Who figured out we play (slightly) better in a 4-3 D. Will Hue admit Griffin is a lost cause? If RG is still on the roster next year and we pass on a qb to continue this failed experiment- I just might be done following this shit show. Oh hell- 0-16, why not go for 0-27 beat them Bucs (record). Because I'll predict that's what's going to happen with Griffin at the controls.

Hoorta, I am with you with everything but the the Derek Anderson comment.

Anderson. is big, tall, and strong-armed and makes mistakes by trusting his gifts too much.

RG3 is a pussy. Has no touch or feel. Make it end.

Z

Hoorta, I am with you with everything but the the Derek Anderson comment.

Anderson. is big, tall, and strong-armed and makes mistakes by trusting his gifts too much.

RG3 is a pussy. Has no touch or feel. Make it end.

Z

I know Z- it was a pretty bad analogy, sorry about that. Anderson had no change up to go with his fastball. At least he could take a hit. Griffin's inaccuracy rivals Akilli Smith's- and that's not an exaggeration. He's around two beats slow reading a defense- and I duly noted on one play where he took off right- but he had Pryor wide f**king open if he had bothered to look left. EDIT: and he has no, zero anticipation of knowing when guys are going to break open when he's standing back there like a doofus.

Gawd Hue- please stop this nonsense. I'd rather see MCown, Hogan, (needless to say Kessler) or some guy who looked good tossing the rock in the Muni Lot instead of this farce.

Cam Newton is even having a shitty year, and he's bigger, smarter, and more accurate than RG3.

The experiment is over and this dude is not our franchise QB. Let's cut our losses.

Meanwhile, Let's play the damn youngin's and see what they've got.

Let's not abandon the run game, and let's take some shots downfield too.

Let's not play like pussies and leave it all on the field.

Agree Z, it's Kessler time.

you don't say "just trust me" about the kid then bench him for rg3.

Hue was in love with RG3 preseason, so let's hope he doesn't hold onto that and think that RG3 might end up being a good QB.

Do you homos agree?

Z

He was lousy today. He was lousy last week. And as I recall, he was lousy in game one.

I don't like the way he passes the short passes.

I don't like him as our QB.

Having said that, I would think that Hue plays him the rest of the way.

He's around two beats slow reading a defense- and I duly noted on one play where he took off right- but he had Pryor wide f**king open if he had bothered to look left. EDIT: and he has no, zero anticipation of knowing when guys are going to break open when he's standing back there like a doofus.

Thus this ^^is where i think Pryor knows being at Oakland but HueJax has got to stop thinking RG3 is that Carson Palmer that came to save Hue at Oakland to a 8-8 season..C.Palmer can still read coverage's to get threw reads & anticipate to throw a guy open..RG3 never had any Palmer but RG3 made the earth move under Hue's feet. Hue, watch the Game Tape & F a QB rebirth chance. Honestly ask yourself "who gives 46 guys a chance to win at QB"? Play that one...Can't wait

RGIII just needs to become a wr. Pryor could play a better game at qb than RGIII.

Not every qb can have that elite ability to see the field in it's entirety,

and see it very, very quickly. We need a qb that can.

RGIII just needs to become a wr. Pryor could play a better game at qb than RGIII.

Not every qb can have that elite ability to see the field in it's entirety,

and see it very, very quickly. We need a qb that can.

That's exactly it Cal. Griffin has elite athletic ability- but that alone doesn't make you an elite quarterback. Bernie didn't have that.

Pryor at qb ahead of Griffin? Hell yes.

I was out of second chances after the first pass yesterday. The dump off to Duke over the middle which was waaay behind, then throwing his arms up like a diva.

No, sorry, you don't get to bitch and whine, I'm pretty certain Duke was running his route correctly and you were just bad. Kessler makes that throw. McCown makes that throw. So does Hoyer, McCoy, even probably Weeden and Hogan. Johnny Manziel thinks about it before trying to scrambling for 30 seconds and losing 20 yards on a strip-sack.

I was out of second chances after the first pass yesterday. The dump off to Duke over the middle which was waaay behind, then throwing his arms up like a diva.

I'm pretty certain Duke was running his route correctly and you were just bad.

Even if Duke was supposed to stop and sit...he DIDN'T. He was drifting across the middle. RG3 could see that...WE ALL could see that. So if you're going to throw a pass to him in THAT situation then you have to lead him a little with the throw. Even a monkey would know that. But what did RG3 do? He threw it to him as if he was standing still. Ergo, a monkey would be a better QB than RG3.

He's better, he's younger, he has a future with this team.

Do you homos agree?

Z

Yes I agree. I was anti RG3 in the beginning but he hasn't proved to be an asshole or anything so I give the guy the benefit of the doubt and I hate to see someone who could have been a star collapse so early in his career. But he did. It's not that the Cleveland Browns would be kicking ass with someone else under center but still.

If the staff really thinks Kessler could be the guy he should be playing.

Any experience he can get now will be a bonus next year. Especially if we draft another rookie QB.

WSS

No, sorry, you don't get to bitch and whine, I'm pretty certain Duke was running his route correctly and you were just bad. Kessler makes that throw. McCown makes that throw. So does Hoyer, McCoy, even probably Weeden and Hogan. Johnny Manziel thinks about it before trying to scrambling for 30 seconds and losing 20 yards on a strip-sack.

Yeah, we weren't going to get the first down, but go ahead and complete the freaking pass. It was obvious that Robert thought Duke was going to "sit" on the route, but he kept running. I'd be curious to know exactly who was at fault there. If Duke WAS supposed to sit and wait for the ball, then that's not Robert's fault. It would make sense that Duke was supposed to keep running because his momentum would've helped get more yards, but who knows for sure. We'll never know the answer, and at this point, I don't care. It was another screw up, and it's funny how I'm still not used to it.

Robert didn't get a bunch of help either, and I'm NOT making excuses for him. Pryor had two drops, one that would've been very difficult on the long ball, but the other was atrocious that would've given us first and goal. We still scored on that possession, thanks to that crazy Robert run, but still...Pryor HAS to catch that. He also has to catch that deep ball. If he's our "playmaker", then he needs to make plays. That's how it freaking works. Robert was also called out of bounds early in the game, which resulted in a loss of eight yards. 2nd and 18 versus 2nd and 10 is a huge deal for a pathetic offense.

Now, back to Cody. Is it worth seeing him play again? Maybe we should see him play in the awful elements? But here's the thing that everybody needs to remember: We didn't lose that game because of RG III and our terrible offense. We lost that damn game because of our defense. RG III has started like 2 or 3 games in two years, and he's supposed to come back from 14 point deficits in the first quarter every week? Yes, our offense HAS TO SCORE more points, but our morbid defense should be completely ashamed. Once again we can't force a turnover, let alone get a defensive touchdown or game-changing play. We couldn't generate hardly any pressure, and I want to CUT Ibraheim Campbell IMMEDIATELY. He ran into Tyrod Taylor untouched, and only managed to rip off his hand warmer. I mean...JESUS. JUST HIT THE GUY!

Cody isn't going to score a bunch more points, if any. Those read-option plays won't do a thing because Cody can't run. We'll have to depend on the "comeback routes" that don't work, and we'll have a running game that provides nothing. The weather conditions will be awful, and our receivers won't be open. It'll be a shitstorm of the highest order, and never mind Cody has two concussions this year. In short, I have no clue what to do. It wouldn't surprise me to see RG III start next week, and then see Cody play starting the second half. That's what I foresee.

I would perfer to start Kessler but his 2 concussions are a problem. Not his fault but I dont mind him being on the bench for these last 2 games. RG3 is definitely not our Qb of the future. Draft defense and start Kessler next year.

If you're scared to start Kessler for whatever reason, then just cut him. I'm not advocating that, but people who don't want to 'risk' him - it's not like a concussion is a strained muscle or something that could tear, they've been and gone and he's cleared to play, has been for weeks.

Archived