THE BROWNS BOARD

And a Merry Christmas to you

Westside Steve

So I could be a great person, help others, give to charity, etc

But because I asked if Jesus ever gets boners I'm going to burn in hell?

Seems like a pretty petty god

If God provided a means of escape, a way of salvation and you choose to go a different road and a different way than the way provided that is not on God that is on the individual. We have freedom to choose but that does not mean there are not consequences to making the wrong choice.

I could be a perfect person, but because I don't worship your god, he'll cast me to hell? I could be Jesus but not believe in Jesus and got screwed? Again, sounds very petty for an all powerful being.

I need some evidence to believe something, and your imaginary friend gives me known. Instead I'll choose to eat from the tree of knowledge, and we know he hates that...

I could be a perfect person, but because I don't worship your god, he'll cast me to hell? I could be Jesus but not believe in Jesus and got screwed? Again, sounds very petty for an all powerful being.

I need some evidence to believe something, and your imaginary friend gives me known. Instead I'll choose to eat from the tree of knowledge, and we know he hates that...

There is no perfect person though. Apart from Christ we are all sinners even the best of us. Jesus is the only one without sin and that was His purpose to free us and be a mediator between sinful people and a holy God. If any sin will send a person to hell it is the willful rejection of Jesus. That will do it. But if you think about what it cost God to send His Son you may understand why there are very serious consequences of rejecting Him. It was not a cheap sacrifice from God and for us to turn our back and reject Jesus and end up in hell we will have only ourselves to blame. What else can God do? He sent His best to save us and it was rejected.

So god keeps good people out of heaven because they didn't believe something he left no evidence for.... Pretty messed up.

Good is a relative term. What defines good? In God's sight there is nobody who is good enough for heaven. Not one human ever born. Once you see that then you see the need for Jesus who was sinless and took our sins so we could be in the presence of God. What is heaven but being in the presence of God. That is where heaven is.

There are evidences as well but it is a way of faith and there is no other way.

Archived