THE BROWNS BOARD

To win or not to win?

PoeticG

To win or NOT to win, that is the question  

40 members have voted

1. 1. It's Christmas! The Browns have not won a game in over a year. This is their last opportunity to give their home fans a victory...however tragic, victory still means defeat for our team, winning means losing out on the 1st pick of the NFL Draft.

• Victorrrry!
    • #1 Overall Selection in the NFL Draft!

Of course, if San Francisco would help us out and win a damn game then everyone can be happy. That would ideal. :)

I don't want the Browns to be brought up as the pinnacle of ineptitude for years and decades to come. That's why I prefer the win. Draft pick status isn't affected too much - you still get an excellent players at #2, and we then alternate (so we get round 2, pick 1, round 4, pick 1).

I could probably look this up but who gets the 1st pick if SF and the Browns are both 1-15? Either way, I definitely want the Browns to at least one game to avoid the dubious company of going winless. If it does happen though I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Been down this road many times. The logic is if the record is identical, the team that played the weakest schedule is "worse". That's the 49ers. There's additional tiebreakers if SOS is identical, but they won't come into play for the Browns.

If the Browns could win their last two games, especially kick pittspukes' cheapshot asses...

I want that. You could get Trubisky anyways, maybe Allen or Garrett anyways...and it would charge up the confidence

to start winning next year.

This year, even losing to the Chargers, and somehow beating the squealers in their last game (Kessler would have to come in...)

....would make for a great end to a dismal season.

Win. I don't see it happening though. Chargers score points, and we struggle in Pitt.

Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

If you vote for the draft pick, you're a fucking homo, 'nuff said.

Zombo

Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. :lol:

Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

Pitt poses a huge dilemma...assuming Pitt has the division locked up and Tomlin rests the starters for the Browns game.

You lose to Steeler second stringers you feel sick to your stomach.

You beat their 2nd stringers but still come out with an empty or "incomplete" feeling in your stomach...plus potentially giving up the first pick for those that think that matters.

I'd probably want to beat their 2nd stringers and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

Lol ... There is no fucking way you guys beat Baltimore.

Z

... and take the asterisk. Screw the first pick.

Interesting, an asterisk.

I don't see any asterisks for the Steeler win in 1978 when Steelers fumbled the OT kickoff and Browns recovered.

I don't see an asterisk when Lynn Swan spit in Ron Boldens face on a GW TD catch in 1979.

I don't see an asterisk from the Immaculate Deflection or the referee-gate SB win over Seattle.

Damn, I got issues. Cracking open some Jim Beam now.

Merry Christmas anyway.

Welcome to the Hoorta Homo Club- Accepting New Members. :lol:

Nah Z, it's not like I'm hoping that they don't win- my thinking is they're so bad, they CAN'T win. Current Vegas odds are 62% they pull off 0-16. BUT- if the Steelers beat the Ratbirds Christmas night, in all likelihood they'll rest their starters against the Browns New Year's Day. To not be able to beat Pittsburgh's scrubs would be the ultimate and crowning achievement of an O-fer.

Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

Z

Do you WANT the Browns to win at the risk losing a spot in the draft or not?

Z

Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

Z, I always want the Browns to win. The objective part of me says they won't. This season has been such a downer- I don't even get upset anymore when they lose. I won't even get upset if they finish 0-16, I don't see much difference between no wins or one or two. We're already a National Sports joke. If they fall to #2, they're either going to get Garrett or Trubiski. Please don't trade out of that spot- if you want to go fooling with the Eagle's pick, I'm OK with that. Sure I want Mitch- it would be another Bernie Kosar story. He may not even declare. Though if the Browns are drafting #1 and tell him come on home kid- it may sway his decision.

So, you want them to win. Not a homo.

Zombo

why? beat the chargers? big fuckin whoop.

#1 pick? BIG FUCKIN WHOOP!!

yeah the chargers win will go do in browns history while ur kickin rocks and we still have no QB in 3 years.

The #1 pick is only a big fuckin' whoop if the guy kicks ass.

So what QB are you advocating with this #1 pick?

Archived