THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to Coach Senior Bowl

Zombo

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-selected-to-coach-at-2017-Senior-Bowl/74335c6b-5b4d-405c-b9ba-a702e56fd9b8

Hue Jackson and the Browns coaching staff will get a hands-on opportunity to evaluate some of the nation’s top draft prospects at the 2017 Reese’s Senior Bowl.

The Browns and Bears were selected Tuesday to coach in the game, which is set for Jan. 28, in Mobile, Alabama. The Browns will make a week of it coaching the South team through three practices before squaring off against the North.

“I’m excited about coaching the Senior Bowl,” Jackson said. “They really do an outstanding job of getting great players to participate in the game. Obviously, this can be really beneficial to our organization by spending a week coaching some of the best players in college football while we are preparing for the draft. I always say coaching is all about teaching and putting players in the best environment to succeed. I really look at this as an opportunity to help these young men be at their best during a week in which they get to showcase their talents to the entire National Football League.”

The Browns hold multiple picks in the first and second round, including the No. 1 overall pick. The Bears hold the No. 3 pick.

"The Cleveland Browns and Chicago Bears represent two of the NFL's flagship franchises when it comes to tradition and history and we are proud to have them lead this year's North and South teams,” said Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage.

“Armed with a number of extra draft picks, I know the Browns are looking forward to working with and evaluating the South squad, while the Bears and their staff will embrace their opportunity to coach and scout the North roster.

“Jackson has a sterling reputation as an innovative offensive mind and is motivated to turn the Browns around. So, this is an ideal situation for Cleveland to get a head start on the 2017 NFL Draft. He and his staff will do a great job with these all-star prospects.”

The Senior Bowl serves as one of the most important post-season scouting events leading into the draft. It’s the final opportunity for coaches and talent evaluators from around the league to analyze players in a football setting before adding them to their roster in late April.

A number of current Browns participated in the Senior Bowl, including quarterback Cody Kesslericon-article-link.gif, offensive lineman Spencer Drangoicon-article-link.gif, defensive linemen Danny Sheltonicon-article-link.gif and Carl Nassibicon-article-link.gif and linebackers Joe Schoberticon-article-link.gif, Nate Orchardicon-article-link.gif and Christian Kirkseyicon-article-link.gif.

Hope the South's offense doesn't need to take a TO after the opening kickoff.

No they switched that up to run the length of the field on K.O. and fumble it into the endzone to start the game. We want to see how all those defensive SEC players do as much as possible.

Jason Garrett found Dak at last years senior bowl....So...Possible there's another out there somewhere?

Gus Bradley & staff was on the other sidelines..They are all unemployed..Tick Tock..

Jason Garrett found Dak at last years senior bowl....So...Possible there's another out there somewhere?

Well the thing is I knew of Dak last year, he was mentioned as a Wilson clone, had a good career, ect. He was in that discussion of being in the top 5 qbs drafted, but then dumb dumb got a DUI. Last year you had Dak and Wentz as big names. This year it's no one I have heard of being a decent prospect as far as QBS go.

This is good news...

Finds are not very private at the Sr Bowl, East-West, etc., but closeness can detect things not visible in practices or game... things like who is a sponge for the teaching that goes into the game prep.

But maybe more important than spotting the hidden pluses is spotting the hidden minuses.

Even coaching the south, it is a good opportunity to get an extra look at all the seniors invited.

The major draw back is none of the QB's invited are any of the "top guys".

Because almost none of them are Seniors. :)

This is more major than I think people realize. We get to see some of the top prospects in the country up close and personal for a week - who is coachable, who is first in the building and last out, who is falling asleep in the classroom?

Rosters out in a couple of weeks, then we can see who to pay close attention to.

Well the thing is I knew of Dak last year, he was mentioned as a Wilson clone, had a good career, ect. He was in that discussion of being in the top 5 qbs drafted, but then dumb dumb got a DUI. Last year you had Dak and Wentz as big names. This year it's no one I have heard of being a decent prospect as far as QBS go.

You must have had shit in your ears. Both Trubisky and Watson will go Top Ten....and probably Top 5.

I was talking about senior bowl QBS, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised to not see a qb go to either SF or Chicago. I think the best spot for the first QB to go is to the Jets.

Why?

And, OK, who will be the QBs who will play in the Senior Bowl. Any clues?

Why?

And, OK, who will be the QBs who will play in the Senior Bowl. Any clues?

Most of these guys have too many questions marks to be top 5 and honestly might not be good enough for top half of the first round. I agree that a QB needy team will take someone, but not top 5. But of course, that is just my opinion.

Most of these guys have too many questions marks to be top 5 and honestly might not be good enough for top half of the first round. I agree that a QB needy team will take someone, but not top 5. But of course, that is just my opinion.

I have a bet with Stan that Trubisky goes in Top 5.

And I just don't think some of you have been paying any attention to the way NFL drafting has gone the last 20 years.

Since 1998 the ONLY years in which a QB was not taken in the Top 5 have been 2000 and 2013.

And this year will NOT be another exception.

Well... at least you suspended cussing us out...

Polian said Monday there is not a first round talent in this QB draft...

Chad Kelly is his name.

Chad ain't no Dak... but he ain't bad...

No, I didn't, motherfucker! :lol:

Polian said that last year as well. I quoted Polian as saying that....and all y'all went ape shit on me over it, saying how Goff and Wentz were the best thing since sliced tomatos.

He is a better pro prospect IMO. I mean you never know how it turns out. On this board and another I pimped Dak long before many even heard of the guy. I would have take Dak at the top of the 2nd round.

The problem we had is we were washing our hands from Johnny Boy and Dak had a DUI charge in front of him, which was later dropped. I understand the PR nightmare....The Browns dump a drunk QB only to draft another....I get why we passed.

I hear you and I was with you, but I feel you're giving us too much credit. I think the Browns just whiffed on him. Any org that saw anything close to what we did, and there apparently weren't many would have looked at his "situation" closely.

It would have taken next to no legwork to know that Dak's DUI was really out of character. Whereas Johnny-boy's was an extension of his lack of the same.

What does it matter. 31 teams whiffed on him. The Fucking Patriots who drafted a qb ahead of Dak whiffed on him. Hell it's not like the Cowboys got him in the 2nd round, the got him in the 4th. I read questions aimed and Hue and Sashimi like, why didn't you draft Dak, why couldn't you tell he was good, and I just want to lose my shit cause #1 he has the best online and RB in the league and #2 everyone else missed him too.

Archived