THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

It is time for the best weekend of NFL football that there is ... The Divisional round.

You've got the four Bye teams against the four tested Wild Card winners, and you get the best football.

Here, at the Great Zomboni's Lair, it is also the weekend that we start interviews for the new Intern.

My gunner is getting the candidates ready for the interview phase

pwild.jpg

We will announce the Final Four candidates next week. First let's take a look at the NFL's Final 8:

1. Green Bay: TGZ's pick to twin the Super Bowl is hot at the right time once again. Try and stop Rodgers.

2. New England: TGZ's pick to win the AFC should skip through the playoffs and make the matchup happen.

3. Houston Texans: The best defense left, if they could get past NE it would be scary.

4. Seattle Seahawks: All-Around solid team, could very well be hosting NFC Championship after all.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Andy Reid is a wizard, if Derrick Johnson was healthy I'd give them a shot against Pats

6. Dallas Cowboys: The rookies are probably a year away, playoff lesson coming

7. Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben hobbling around will mean a quick exit for them

8. Atlanta Falcons: Sissy indoor team with 25th ranked defense.

And this is what happens this week ...

Seattle at Atlanta 4:35 PM Saturday.

There should be some good games this weekend. This won't be one of them. Seattle will force Atlanta into some early turnovers and take over from there. Big day on the ground for the Hawks SEAHAWKS 34 FALCONS 13

Houston at New England 8:15 PM Saturday

Everyone thinks the Gronkless Pats are going to roll through their first postseason matchup ... I don't see it that way. These Texans play tough, tough defense and they have enough weapons on offense to put a scare into anyone. They will battle valiantly until they succumb in the cold Massachussetts night air ... but take those glorious points. PATRIOTS 24 TEXANS 21

Pittsburgh at Kansas City 1:05 PM Sunday

Have you ever wanted to see a bunch of big, fast guys beat up a hobbling sexual predator? This is your chance. Dee Ford and Tamba Hali will have fun putting on the hits, but hopefully they leave the killshot for Frank Zombo. Chiefs have a boring offense that will be no match for NE next week, but they won't need to score that much this week. CHIEFS 23 STEELERS 16

Green Bay at Dallas 4:40 PM Sunday

Here is your heavyweight title fight of the week. Dallas has the crowd, and the Zeke, but the Packers have the Golden Arm. Gonna turn into a shootout, and Prescott may be good, but he 's not beating Rodgers in a shootout. PACKERS 36 COWBOYS 31

TGZ

P.S. If you're looking for Zoey, I sent her to the Beach again ... but don't fear, she has her Chiefs Red on this weekend.

1434318320_42.jpg

Not a Zoey in the new batch, I see. Hard pair of... ummm... shoes to fill.

*2016 Playoffs R1* .. Prev ..... This ..... YTD
Straight-up .............. 0 - 0 ..... 2 - 2 ..... 2 - 2
Vs. the spread ........ 0 - 0 ..... 2 - 2 ..... 2 - 2

Good, not great, start to the post-season... let's see if we can improve this week. Yanet has clearly been an asset in the effort, so I decided to give her the choice of which game to attend. Without hesitation she said Dallas "for the warmest weather", but actually I think she has a thing for Dak... Hope he likes her new outfit.

PAY-Weather-girl-Yanet-Garcia.jpg

On to Round 2...

SEA @ ATL (-5.0)

The only pause given here is ATL's playoff inexperience, specifically Matty's playoff experience. The think the egg DET laid last week masked the hole in SEA's 2ndary, but I confess the game left me a little uncertain as to how good SEA really is.

After reflection... not good enough is still my answer. I could cut and paste from last about SEA's struggles against good O's, but let's keep this short.

ATL has added/done much of what it needed to add/do to get to the next level. This weekend they get there...

ATL 34 SEA 27

HOU @ NE (-15.0)

Of course NE will win... a southern, dome team visiting the coldest site of the weekend has no shot.

Yanek expects kick off temperature to be in the mid-20's and overcast, but says it should be dry with light winds. Add that Bill eats inexperienced QBs for lunch and I understand the massive spread that it took to balance out the wagering... but c'mon... it's insulting.

HOU has a terrific D... a better one than NE does. They will shut down the Pats run game and they will harass Tom Terrific and disrupt his passing lanes. This is a pure strength-on-strength game.

Meanwhile in the other match-up the Brockmeister has looked renewed in his past two outings. That said neither was against "The Defense Whisperer" who will limit HOU's downfield shots and their run game forcing drives to include 8+ completions, if they are to be successful... not enough will be.

Look for this to be a low-scoring war... with Tom leading the game-winning drive late.

NE 17 HOU 13

PTG @ KC (-1.5)

KC will be warmer than NE with a kick-off temperature of 32... just cold enough to support the snow Yanek predicts will be falling with only modest winds propelling it. Real football weather makes it's playoff debut. Arrowhead will also be noisier than NE, or any other Round 2 venue.

This is the weekend's scariest pick. I showcases two very strong offenses albeit with vastly different QBs at the wheel. So I had look to the other side for the game determining squad.

PTG's D is much, much better than I ever thought it would be this season. It is not a liability at this point, and has not been for some time. But in KC's we have an asset... a genuine asset. Look for it to harass and sack Ben including a couple strippers (unless they are all at Z's cattle call)... including a scoop and score late to put the game out of reach.

KC 27 PTG 17

GB @ DAL (-4.5)

Speaking of playoff inexperience...

Yanek forecast the weather for this one. Either she thinks Jerrah is going to open the roof or it was for her trip planning... can't be sure. Regardless the forecast, including a kickoff temperature in the 60s, is good except for the weekend's strongest wind, but it shouldn't have much impact even if the roof is retracted.

The experience imbalance is stark in this one. But "the kid" has been unflappable excepting his 2 losses to NYG and 2 wins over PHI. I don't see GB's D rising to either of these divisional rivals' level and the GB running game certainly falls well short of PHI's. At least they did not in the Week 6 head-to-head match up when Dak hit on 2 out of 3 passes cruising to a win.

I also look for a well-rested Zeke to have a big game. I think he'll best his 28-rush, 157-yard performance in Week 6... and not by a little. Also expect him to improve on his 2-catch, 17-yard receiving total.

Meanwhile Aaron's biggest target Jordy is hurting with two broken ribs. Word is he'll try to go with a Kevlar vest on, but even if he's shot up under it so he can run and catch, contact will bring pain... and fumbles if he goes.

In the end the improved Dallas D bends, but doesn't break, allowing the 'Boys to win the Round's scorefest...

DAL 41 GB 24

Just got word that Yanet is concerned her demin-draped pose might not have delivered enough "cheesecake" to her new fans here, so she requests that I pick another to add...

Have I mentioned she's a work out buff?

Yanet-Garcia.jpg

Ahhhh my first Spring Break in Ft. Lauderdale in 1969 what a blast, bikinis and all...oh there's football this week? :huh:

The first picture plus all this cold weather this weekend kind of brings it all back.

Are you guys forgetting that NE beat Houston 27-0 while playing a 3rd string QB??

NE 41 Houston 12

Yes, I also remember the Patriots losing twice to the Broncos last year, once with Osweiler at the helm, because a really good defense can slow them down and make it a football game, and I feel that is the level that the Texans defense is playing at right now.

Zombo

Yes, I also remember the Patriots losing twice to the Broncos last year, once with Osweiler at the helm, because a really good defense can slow them down and make it a football game, and I feel that is the level that the Texans defense is playing at right now.

Zombo

At the level Clowney is currently playing, it would not surprise if Brady actually went down.

Not a Zoey in the new batch, I see. Hard pair of... ummm... shoes to fill.

*2016 Playoffs R1* .. Prev ..... This ..... YTD

Straight-up .............. 0 - 0 ..... 2 - 2 ..... 2 - 2

Vs. the spread ........ 0 - 0 ..... 2 - 2 ..... 2 - 2

Good, not great, start to the post-season... let's see if we can improve this week. Yanet has clearly been an asset in the effort, so I decided to give her the choice of which game to attend. Without hesitation she said Dallas "for the warmest weather", but actually I think she has a thing for Dak... Hope he likes her new outfit.

PAY-Weather-girl-Yanet-Garcia.jpg

On to Round 2...

SEA @ ATL (-5.0)

The only pause given here is ATL's playoff inexperience, specifically Matty's playoff experience. The think the egg DET laid last week masked the hole in SEA's 2ndary, but I confess the game left me a little uncertain as to how good SEA really is.

After reflection... not good enough is still my answer. I could cut and paste from last about SEA's struggles against good O's, but let's keep this short.

ATL has added/done much of what it needed to add/do to get to the next level. This weekend they get there...

ATL 34 SEA 27

HOU @ NE (-15.0)

Of course NE will win... a southern, dome team visiting the coldest site of the weekend has no shot.

Yanek expects kick off temperature to be in the mid-20's and overcast, but says it should be dry with light winds. Add that Bill eats inexperienced QBs for lunch and I understand the massive spread that it took to balance out the wagering... but c'mon... it's insulting.

HOU has a terrific D... a better one than NE does. They will shut down the Pats run game and they will harass Tom Terrific and disrupt his passing lanes. This is a pure strength-on-strength game.

Meanwhile in the other match-up the Brockmeister has looked renewed in his past two outings. That said neither was against "The Defense Whisperer" who will limit HOU's downfield shots and their run game forcing drives to include 8+ completions, if they are to be successful... not enough will be.

Look for this to be a low-scoring war... with Tom leading the game-winning drive late.

NE 17 HOU 13

PTG @ KC (-1.5)

KC will be warmer than NE with a kick-off temperature of 32... just cold enough to support the snow Yanek predicts will be falling with only modest winds propelling it. Real football weather makes it's playoff debut. Arrowhead will also be noisier than NE, or any other Round 2 venue.

This is the weekend's scariest pick. I showcases two very strong offenses albeit with vastly different QBs at the wheel. So I had look to the other side for the game determining squad.

PTG's D is much, much better than I ever thought it would be this season. It is not a liability at this point, and has not been for some time. But in KC's we have an asset... a genuine asset. Look for it to harass and sack Ben including a couple strippers (unless they are all at Z's cattle call)... including a scoop and score late to put the game out of reach.

KC 27 PTG 17

GB @ DAL (-4.5)

Speaking of playoff inexperience...

Yanek forecast the weather for this one. Either she thinks Jerrah is going to open the roof or it was for her trip planning... can't be sure. Regardless the forecast, including a kickoff temperature in the 60s, is good except for the weekend's strongest wind, but it shouldn't have much impact even if the roof is retracted.

The experience imbalance is stark in this one. But "the kid" has been unflappable excepting his 2 losses to NYG and 2 wins over PHI. I don't see GB's D rising to either of these divisional rivals' level and the GB running game certainly falls well short of PHI's. At least they did not in the Week 6 head-to-head match up when Dak hit on 2 out of 3 passes cruising to a win.

I also look for a well-rested Zeke to have a big game. I think he'll best his 28-rush, 157-yard performance in Week 6... and not by a little. Also expect him to improve on his 2-catch, 17-yard receiving total.

Meanwhile Aaron's biggest target Jordy is hurting with two broken ribs. Word is he'll try to go with a Kevlar vest on, but even if he's shot up under it so he can run and catch, contact will bring pain... and fumbles if he goes.

In the end the improved Dallas D bends, but doesn't break, allowing the 'Boys to win the Round's scorefest...

DAL 41 GB 24

Just got word that Yanet is concerned her demin-draped pose might not have delivered enough "cheesecake" to her new fans here, so she requests that I pick another to add...

Have I mentioned she's a work out buff?

Yanet-Garcia.jpg

No interest in making a prediction but Kansas city has a hell of a time stopping the run and last I checked Derrick Johnson will be sidelined and if he isn't he will be hobbled. As far as other people comments on Ben he went through a full practice yesterday and was cleared the same night as the injury with nothing serious. He will be fine for the game.

No interest in making a prediction but Kansas city has a hell of a time stopping the run and last I checked Derrick Johnson will be sidelined and if he isn't he will be hobbled. As far as other people comments on Ben he went through a full practice yesterday and was cleared the same night as the injury with nothing serious. He will be fine for the game.

Yes, we know. BR is a big faker.

Rooneys informed NFL Big Ben's ankle needed a little more time to heal.

Z

I hear the Rooneys also decided that they were not going to suspend Joey Porter after he was arrested over the last weekend or something like that. THEY decided there was not much merit to whatever charges he is facing.

The "Honorable" Rooneys...is just a pile of horseshit. Hell, that team was founded on gambling and rum running and has been corrupt ever since. Have they been a stable family franchise? Sure. The same is so of the Genovese family.

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Genovese_crime_family

Yes, we know. BR is a big faker.

People didn't even know he was in a boot until he was headed to the presser. Your theory may hold up of he went all the way to the game on the injury report but he's not on it.

Another fine use of the quote button...

I have a soon to be three year old and a food business to run. I didn't have the time to go through your post and highlight your Steeler prediction. Check your vag for sour patch kids Oscar. I didn't kick your garbage can.

I hear the Rooneys also decided that they were not going to suspend Joey Porter after he was arrested over the last weekend or something like that. THEY decided there was not much merit to whatever charges he is facing.

The "Honorable" Rooneys...is just a pile of horseshit. Hell, that team was founded on gambling and rum running and has been corrupt ever since. Have they been a stable family franchise? Sure. The same is so of the Genovese family.

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Genovese_crime_family

Aren't you a lawyer? Do some researh. The arresting officer has a bad track record filled with suspensions. He covered his body cam and the HD video from the night club/bar cleared Porter. Cut and dry

Aren't you a lawyer? Do some researh. The arresting officer has a bad track record filled with suspensions. He covered his body cam and the HD video from the night club/bar cleared Porter. Cut and dry

Choosing Joey Fucking Porter over the Police Officer ... Gotcha.

Zombo

GB just announced that Jordy Nelson is "Out".

He's gay? Or maybe just wants to play soccer probably in some warm city. :lol:

....but he was good on my FL team.

Archived