THE BROWNS BOARD

Hindsight is 20/20, but still!

Gunz41

Hindsight is 20/20, and some of them you couldn't have predicted, but if Cleveland had hit on alot of their draft picks, here is what the roster could look like:

QB: Derek Carr, Dak Prescott

HB: Leveon Bell, David Johnson

WR: Julio Jones, Golden Tate

WR: Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill

WR: T.Y. Hilton, Cole Beasley

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jordan Cameron (left)

LT: Joe Thomas

LG: Trai Turner, La'el Collins

C: Max Unger

RG: Kelechi Osemele

RT: TJ Lang

DE: Joey Bosa

DT: Michael Bennett, Damon Harrison, Danny Shelton

DE: Malik Jackson

OLB: Khalil Mack

MLB: Luke Keuchly, Navorro Bowman

OLB: Clay Matthews

CB: Richard Sherman, Joe Haden

CB: Malcolm Butler

S: Landon Collins, Tyrann Mathieu

S: Kam Chancellor

K: Dan Bailey, Justin Tucker

P: Johnny Hekker

That would be a team

Hindsight is 20/20, and some of them you couldn't have predicted, but if Cleveland had hit on alot of their draft picks, here is what the roster could look like:

That would be a team

I think you have to do better than this. You need to say: "In round X of the 20XX draft we took Player @#$%&*@! when 2-3 or whatever picks later we could have had _______ Insert the player from above.

Sure, we missed on some of these.....but you have to be more specific. "We coulda had Tom Brady" So could all 32 teams who all passed on him 5-6 times....including the Patriots.

I think you have to do better than this. You need to say: "In round X of the 20XX draft we took Player @#$%&*@! when 2-3 or whatever picks later we could have had _______ Insert the player from above.

Sure, we missed on some of these.....but you have to be more specific. "We coulda had Tom Brady" So could all 32 teams who all passed on him 5-6 times....including the Patriots.

Plus, if we got a few of these guys right, we wouldn't have been in the position to draft these other guys, the team would have evolved in a different direction.

It's an exercise in futility, as were our drafts.

Zombo

Plus, if we got a few of these guys right, we wouldn't have been in the position to draft these other guys, the team would have evolved in a different direction.

Zombo

It is futile, and should only be done for shits and giggles. By that I mean....the Browns take a dump at who they have selected...and everybody else gets to laugh at us.

Weeden/Richardson/Mingo/Gilbert/Manziel =frabz-TURD-BURGLAR-a99e26.jpg

That would be a team

Here we go again...

673.gif

Mike

Ugh

These posts are as annoying as "Kiper doesn't even know what he's talking about. They should listen to me!"

Mike, sometimes it's fun to do some reminiscing. It's why we are where we are. Dead horses don't kick back.

I could argue about missing the daily double badly on first round selections. Trent Richardson and Brandon We-done, anyone? Ah we can always take that trip down memory lane and relive how badly we screwed up. Revisiting 2001 with the help of Wiki was IMHO the worst puke inducing draft. The Browns took in the first three rounds Spare Change Warren, Quincy Morgan, and the very forgettable James Jackson. bonus points if you remember what position he played. These guys WERE available at those respective positions. 1st round- HOFer Ladanian Tomlinson. Richard Seymour, Koren Robinson, Steve Hutchinson, Dan Morgan, Michael Bennett, Casey Hampton, Reggie Wayne, Drew Brees. (yeah- Brees went in the second- but he's another lock HOFer when he hangs 'em up) 2nd round Chad Johnson, Kendrell Bell, Matt Light, Travis Henry. 3rd and lower Steve Smith, TJ Houshiemooshie. :)

Zombo

Exactly Z. Had we drafted Ladanian, we wouldn't have made the screw up the following year drafting Smokin' Willie Green.

It is just amazing. Here I was just doing a little research and found it interesting so I posted it and everyone wants to whine that I posted it. Here we go, I hardly ever post anyway. Just read what you guys have to say, and all the people who think they know a lot. So I will just let you guys discuss things, and I will just read from now on. Have a great day and god bless

It is just amazing. Here I was just doing a little research and found it interesting so I posted it and everyone wants to whine that I posted it. Here we go, I hardly ever post anyway. Just read what you guys have to say, and all the people who think they know a lot. So I will just let you guys discuss things, and I will just read from now on. Have a great day and god bless

Nah... stay...

If you've read much here, then you have to know that hindsight is something we've grown weary of. Try a fresher topic... preferably a forward looking one.

Tis the season for FAs and the draft. Spend your time there. No guarantees that your take(s) will be embraced, but that's part of the fun.

Are you on board with Garrett at #1 overall or have another prospect in mind?

And yet when I objected to this piece of shit the very day we signed him, I was being negative, and I didn't know as much as Hue did. Now, Black Tarkenton has a shit cartoon.

Imagine that. Fuck...you guys really know your players. Seriously, 9 monhs ago you were all fighting to get in his Lewinski line.

Hey, I just posted it for the comedic effect.

Don't wrench your shoulder too hard patting yourself on the back over the fact that you made post on the Browns board.

What kind of a response were you expecting.

Solid, in depth, cogent discussion of all the Browns drafting failures? It is something we all know. It has been a farcical, ridiculous aspect of the Browns history...and you want us to be serious about it? Not likely to happen.

Maybe you could have spent your time considering this: All the Hall of Famers the Browns had give up on early in their career:

Traded away Doug Atkins

Traded away Henry Jordan

Traded away Willie Davis

Traded away Dick LeBeau

Traded away Len Dawson

Traded away Paul Warfield

Plus, how many other good players have they let loose of.

I just thought it was interesting. Especially when considering some of the stuff I read from people on here. I havent been reading that long, couple years maybe, but it is certainly interesting to read the opinions of people on here. Just take one of the most talked about points recently, Jimmy Garappolo. What I have read most people do not want him, with people saying things like look at the history of other QB's from New England or if New England wants to trade him then there must be a reason. I am sorry if you dont agree, and everyone has a right to their opinion, and doesn't make me right, but JG is NOT Matt Cassell or others. Just because some others haven't worked out doesn't mean he wouldn't. And NE has a history of not paying a lot of people and getting rid of people before they have to pay them. I can certainly remember when there was a Camp Jimmy G on here, and now that he has spent a couple years in the best organization in the NFL he has gotten worse? So because others have seemed to be system QB then he must be too? Maybe NE does feel like Brady will be around for a few more years and don't want to let JG walk next year for nothing, or they don't want that huge franchise tag to pay him, or maybe they also like what they see in Brissett? I don't know, and I am not saying the Browns should trade for him, and certainly not saying giving up a 1st round pick for him, but just because someone else didn't work out doesn't mean someone else wouldn't.

And then there is the love for the college QB's, especially Trubisky. There is just as much a chance that he is worse than Jimmy G than not. The young man hasn't played a down in the NFL, and we have seen Jimmy G play and play well, so exactly what makes him more valuable? Because he is a college QB? Because he is bigger? Because he is the highest rated QB? Because he is from Ohio? Since I like this research, and now the entire NFL, since 2000, these are the 1st round QB's:

2000: Chad Pennington- best QB from year: 6th Round Tom Brady

2001: Michael Vick- best QB from year: 2nd Round Drew Brees

2002: David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Patrick Ramsey- best QB from draft: probably 3rd round Josh McCown

2003: Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman- best QB from draft: Carson Palmer

2004: Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, JP Losman- best QB from draft: the top 3 have all been very good

2005: Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Jason Campbell- best QB from draft: Aaron Rodgers

2006: Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Jay Cutler- best QB from draft: Jay Cutler but doesn't say much

2007: Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn- best QB from draft: Nobody really

2008: Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco- best QB from draft: Matt Ryan

2009: Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman- best QB from draft- Matt Stafford

2010: Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow- best QB from draft- Sam Bradford but doesn't say much

2011: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder- best QB from draft: 2nd round Andy Dalton

2012: Andrew Luck, RG3, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden- best QB from draft: I would say 3rd round Russell Wilson

2013: EJ Manuel- best QB from draft: Nobody really

2014: Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Twatwater- best QB from draft: Derek Carr

2015: Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota- best QB from draft: both have been pretty good

2016: Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, and Paxton Lynch- best QB from draft: 4th round Dak Prescott

So that is 17 years. Best QB from draft has been a 1st rounder 8 of the 17 years, with 6 of the 17 being good QB's. 45 QB's taken in 1st round since 2000. If I were the Browns, there are at best 15 I would have liked as my starter in that time, so 33%. There are 8 drafted after 1st round that would be good to have.

I am not saying shouldn't draft one, not in the slightest. I don't see bad in either Mitch or at time Watson, but what makes people think so highly of a draft pick over someone in the NFL already? Or better yet, since the topic has been Jimmy G, how many teams in the NFL would he be the starter for? At least 12. Here are the teams I think have a better option than him. New England, Baltimore, Cinncinati (50/50), Pittsburgh, Indy, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Dallas, New York, Washington (50/50), Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans Tampa Bay, Arizona, Seattle. I hope whatever the Browns decide, its the right thing, whether it is someone on another roster, someone on the Browns roster, or a college player

As for what I think the Browns should do? Whatever makes them better. I am not really in a "camp" because there are so many other variables to it then just a single player. I guess that may be the difference, and I guess it can be good and bad, but I look at any team I am watching in a coaches mindset and not a fans like most do. But I think I would go defense

Excellent bottom line! :D

Cuz StoneCold AG says so..Did you know or has it been posted, that Allen has had surgery on both shoulders? call in our crack medical team.

Cuz StoneCold AG says so..Did you know or has it been posted, that Allen has had surgery on both shoulders? call in our crack medical team.

Nope cuz I am admittedly biased towards building great defense and this is a phenomenal class to do that with. He came back his senior season so he could get shoulder surgery and move into the 1st round of the draft. I'd say after this past season that both goals were more than attained.

Does everyone want me to join a "camp"?

Nope, the Camps are going to be fluid anyway. You lost me at the Lakers though.

It's not like us fans have any say in the matter- the FO is going to do what they think best.

I just thought it was interesting.

As for what I think the Browns should do? Whatever makes them better. I am not really in a "camp" because there are so many other variables to it then just a single player. I guess that may be the difference, and I guess it can be good and bad, but I look at any team I am watching in a coaches mindset and not a fans like most do. But I think I would go defense

And it, as in lamenting past errors, has been interesting at some point for just about everyone here, but now it's only about Sashi & Co. and where, if anywhere, they will take us. Their 2016 performance was mixed, but makes sense in a "grand scheme" I think I see. This 2017 off-season should be a lot more revealing... and one can argue the early returns, i.e., the Collins trade and signing, are encouraging.

But the rest of your last post was good stuff... very good stuff... researched... reasoned... spell-checked... ;)

Welcome to the fray.

Archived