THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns release QB Josh McCown, DB Tramon Williams

Canton Dawg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having weather related internet issues, but was able to get this from Twitter

From the Cleveland Browns Twitter account.

We've released QB Josh McCown and DB Tramon Williams

Details » brow.nz/2kp3VYA

Yes, now, where do they use that money?

FA QB? FA DBs?

Hopefully not QB. Hoping it's Garopollo in a trade. FA DB an FA OG market is strong this year. That's where I would place my bets.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2685348-nfl-free-agency-2017-grading-the-strength-of-each-position-class

Amazing in this league is how "for some" the 30's is old. Both Josh & Tramon were brought in, in 2015. In 15 Tramon went from 69 tackles to in 16 36 tackles..Be interested to see where Gip ranks JMc as our starting QB since return in 99? I always traveled to Baltiwhore & watched probably our best QB performance since our return with JMc & 457yards in 15. I also watched Kessler in Baltimore this season miss seeing wide open receiver's to a safe check down in 16. JMc played 8 games in 15 for 2109 yards & 5 games in 16 for 1100 yards. In 15 after the guttiest spin at Jets, JMc kept us in games against Better Teams we had no right to stay close with..Oak./Balt twice/Denver & Zona,SD we got robbed on Tramon's blocked FG..Josh's Wife & Family live in Charlotte,NC area & I wish them all the best of luck moving forward..Thanks Josh for representing Cleveland with Pride,Professionalism & A Passion for the Game in Believeland

Man, McCown is one of those dudes who I'd love to share a beer with and talk shop. Mad respect for what he brought to this team.

Tramon did as well as he could but was already over the hill when he was signed. Nothing but good vibes for both dudes though, but it was time.

That's good money saved. I know we're trying to hire a QB coach...I wonder if McCown is a candidate? Jeff Garcia didn't get the gig, so why not McCown? Tramon is a bit of a small surprise, as I liked him a little bit as a safety. Something tells me we're either using a very high draft pick on a safety, or we're pushing HARD for a free agent.

I didn't count either of these guys when I starting thinking about 2017 depth charts, it was time.

Both came to us and gave tremendous effort and were shining examples of class and veteran leadership on the worst back-back years in the 70 plus years of Browns football.

Thanks for laying it all on the line, guys, I hope there are some NFL doors open for these guys, including the possibility of coaching in Cleveland.

Zombo

Totally agree with all the thanks and well wishes for these two. Hopefully both land jobs with contenders, if they wish to continue their playing careers.

Rumor is Young Shanny wants to take Falcon backup, Matt Schaub, to SF. May be a landing spot in ATL for McC as it would leave Ryan as the only QB on their roster. Nice set up for a vet backup and a draft prospect.

Hopefully not QB. Hoping it's Garopollo in a trade. FA DB an FA OG market is strong this year. That's where I would place my bets.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2685348-nfl-free-agency-2017-grading-the-strength-of-each-position-class

Sure, as I have said....our #52 is as high as I would give up for JG.

But, I agree that DB may be a prime target for FAs....especially since the release of Williams.

I understand the moves save us even more money with the cap but I was hoping we'd hang on to McCown as the veteran backup QB if we draft a QB. McCown is a true professional who knows his role on a team and wouldn't make a big scene about not getting playing time.

I understand the moves save us even more money with the cap but I was hoping we'd hang on to McCown as the veteran backup QB if we draft a QB. McCown is a true professional who knows his role on a team and wouldn't make a big scene about not getting playing time.

And he may yet end up back... but not at his previous contract's price.

In addition to the cap one of the considerations good franchises do for vets that just don't fit into their plans is release them early to improve their chances of latching onto other teams. Feels like that is in play here... especially in McC's case.

Also feels like one of the plans we may have had for Josh was QB Coach. Timing of our new hire for that role could be a sign that McC is not quite ready to hang up the helmet.

C'mon dude, give him a modicum of respect. He got murdered behind the line of players that, u know, dont matter and all.

You're trying to reason with an immature, fat, smalldicked, wannabe internet sensation that couldn't run all out for 10 seconds without his enlarged, plaque infested heart stopping.

I never liked any of the McCowns.

When Josh came here I was not enthusiastic....to say the least.

But I found a respect for him when I saw how hard and tough he played.....and the type of teammate that he is/was. He was good for us.

I didn't think that he should have been put in as starter at halftime when Kessler was doing ok......But I'm quite sure that Hue wanted Kessler throwing the ball down field and not always checking down. So Josh came in and chucked it down field like the soldier he is. Some of 'em were intercepted, the game got out of hand and we lost going away....

It's time to part however. Good luck to him.

Thank you Josh McCown for being a great role-model. You brought class and a blue collar type of work ethic to the organization. The DawgPound salutes you.

Selfless, brave and relentless are the words that I will think of when I hear the name Josh McCown. There have been many wins and many losses in the past, it's a certainty that there will be many more of both... but your character will be remembered long after the exhilaration of victory and the melancholy of defeat.

There have been many Quarterbacks that have come this way, but Josh McCown had a little something more. He wore his heart on his sleeve and sacrificed his body for victory in vain. He was as humble as he was admirable.

Thank you Josh, best of luck from here on out.

He got murdered because he held on the the fucking ball too long.

You know, it's funny how you fuck tards say the Browns have no talent, and yet their talent was featured in the Superbowl and other playoff games.

The Browns OL is fine. Remember, it's bolstered by Joe Fucking Thomas.

McCown may be tough, and he may be a very nice guy; what he ISN'T, is a good Quarterback. Good riddance.

McCown is a tackling son of a bitch.

Archived