THE BROWNS BOARD

Team Trump and 4D Chess

VaporTrail

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action.

-Ian Fleming

Clev, I'd be inclined to agree with you if we didn't see the same media response every time something like this happened. There's a distinction between arguing that a red truck is green and saying that red truck is burgundy. Trump's been doing the latter, and it's made all the difference.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this is true or not but if Trump is playing the media like a fiddle I tip my hat to him. One thing I do believe for sure is he took full advantage of his celebrity status in the primary and got himself about 2 billion dollars worth of free air time by constantly calling the media and doing telephone interviews where the media pretty much allowed him to say whatever he wanted without challenging him too much. They did it for 2 reasons. Trump was good for their ratings and he was attacking other republicans in the primary which they ate up with a spoon. That all would turn on a dime when he got the nomination and was now attacking their sacred cow the democrats and Hillary Clinton.

It could be obf. The more rabid the left becomes the less appealing they will be to normal people, even those who might find some common ground ideologically.

WSS

And acting up continues with the democratic politicians playing to their rabid base and are being silly in trying to hold up Trump's cabinet nominations and I am sure will do everything in their power to try and demonize a highly respected and credentialed judge for the Supreme Court in Gorsuch.

Nobody said trump wasnt a mastermind at self promotion, so his winning the gop was not a surprise to me at all given the naive impressionable people that vote overvthere. But he's potus now so that stuff now comes off as bush league

The Democratic base includes a large chunk of crying college students and you're calling the GOP voters naive? Stones. Glass houses.

A fine analogy, one of the better ones I've heard. I like it, with permission I may use it in the future. I'm not sure that Trump himself is extremely partisan, he seems rather malleable to me. I suspect that if the left stopped attacking him and came to him with respect with their concerns and looking for his assistance that he'd be receptive, but I do think that his mere existence as president is fueling the partisanism that is plaguing the country. As long as the far left keeps up their shenanigans he's going to side with his allies which is currently the right. But I do believe that he'd work across the aisle if given the opportunity. But in order for that opportunity to arise the left is going to have to acknowledge his legitimacy and that seems like it's going to be a difficult sticking point.

You have permission, royalty and attribution free. :)

I think that those that surround Trump are extremely partisan, and to your point he is probably being influenced heavily by them. I heard it's Bannon who is behind the immigration ban. I think it is a fair statement that the left is responsible for its fair share of partisanship right now, but eight years of obstructionism on the side of the Right when it came to Obama's tenure is equally (if not more) responsible. We need to get past the blame game though. The country needs the next Great Unifier to take the reigns, whoever that may be.

I think that those that surround Trump are extremely partisan, and to your point he is probably being influenced heavily by them. os

and obamao wasn't?????? the dems aren't????

giphy.gif

Trump isn't intelligent enough to tie these points together. His handlers on the other hand...?

The Democrats underestimating Trump, just like you're doing, is a reason he's sitting in the Oval Office.

I feel for you guys, as it's really difficult to accept that Ann Coulter had a better handle on this election than you (and the pollsters, and the news, and the DNC). This is a tough pill to swallow, but it's absolutely necessary for all of you to do so if you want someone who isn't Trump to be elected in 2020, or to take back Congress for that matter.

Trump will soon be leader of the entire world, count on it. Count on it. Believe it. Believe it.

Thats pretty much the story of the antichrist isnt it? I know dh has me on ignore.....but wasnt the whole point of his presidency anyway to refute the globalist one world narrative? If those are his aspirations, which i doubt, thats like the story of the anti christ lifted straight from nostradamus.

The Democrats underestimating Trump, just like you're doing, is a reason he's sitting in the Oval Office.

I feel for you guys, as it's really difficult to accept that Ann Coulter had a better handle on this election than you (and the pollsters, and the news, and the DNC). This is a tough pill to swallow, but it's absolutely necessary for all of you to do so if you want someone who isn't Trump to be elected in 2020, or to take back Congress for that matter.

I never underestimated the narrative Trump supports would be willing to swallow. Look at this board for Christ sake. I might not agree with his politics but Ben Carson is a decent man at least. Trump is not. Yet somehow Cal was willing to take that poison pill as a suppository.

in your imagination, perverted as it may be....

nothing is getting solved/fixed, and obamao made the problems

a hell of a lot worse, that racist, Americaphobic corrupt sombeitch.

it isn't just me...

REUTERS: APPROVAL AT 50.2%...

RASMUSSEN: 53%...

Tomato, Tomahto.

No not really. Being a genius at manipulation doesnt impress me. Nor should it you. A master "manipulator" isnt going to get lasting good things done. Maybe some short term stuff that will expure as soon as he leaves office, but long term stuff....he's a snake oil huckster it appears so far.

No not really. Being a genius at manipulation doesnt impress me. Nor should it you. A master "manipulator" isnt going to get lasting good things done. Maybe some short term stuff that will expure as soon as he leaves office, but long term stuff....he's a snake oil huckster it appears so far.

Call it whatever you like, we're talking about the same thing. And real changes are happening whether or not you want to admit it.

TPP struck dead in its tracks? Yep. No one save for Bernie was going to do that.

NAFTA being renegotiated. Again, nothing would have changed in this regard with anyone else at president except Bernie.

GOP doing a complete 180 on LGBTQ issues. You expect Ted Cruz to have signed that EO? I'm pretty confident Yeb/Kasich/Rubio would have all stayed silent on the issue. This is something Trump, and Trump alone, can claim as a victory.

LGBTs-for-Trump-Associated-Press-640x479

If I told you 4 years ago that the GOP presidential candidate waved an LGBT flag at one of his rallies, you wouldn't have been surprised?

Shifted the goalposts of campaign finance reform? Yep. And if I told you 4 years ago that ideas would have a greater effect on the election than millions of dollars spent on ads? You'd tell me I was being naive. Textbooks on campaign finance are being rewritten because of this election.

Ad_spendingVspolls2-1.jpg

My biggest hope for this administration is that he changes direction of our world police force foreign policy. We'll see what he does on this topic in the coming months.

Obama is not a decent man. Decent men dont leave Americans to die in Benghazi. Decent men dont just sit by and let innocent women and children be slaughtered in Iraq and Syria. Decent men dont double the nations debt. Decent men love this country like Trump. Obama hates this country and nearly destroyed it.

The whole Clinton family is evil.

So do you feel like George Bush was not a decent man? According to Trump himself, he was warned about the 9/11 attacks. Just wondering if your judgement is blind here. And do you really think a single person is capable of doubling the nation's debt? Nope, the doubling of debt is a complicated issue, and policies in place prior to his administration had a lot to do with it, too. Bush was no friend of our debt either. Several wars and tax cuts saw to that. This graphic (in fairness only up to date as of 2011, so I'm sure obama's percentage is higher now) shows that all presidents on both sides of the aisle have done a whopper to the national debt:

248944-galleryV9-nnhb.jpg

-http://ritholtz.com/2011/10/us-debt-accumulation-by-president/

What's destroying this country is hyper-partisanship, and it will continue to be destroyed so long as both parties continue to put their most extreme elements in power.

Well, first off you cannot refute that Obama left Americans to die in Benghazi, Libya. The movie "13 Hours" is an accurate depiction of what took place.

Also, you cannot argue that Obama has done enough to defeat ISIS for people like the Yazdis in Iraq. Driven from their towns and slaughtered, Heads cut off for not practicing Islam in the caliphate. Lastly, Obama hates this country, He stated that it must be "fundamentally transformed" his own words. Flooding the country with illegal aliens, trying to bankrupt us with reckless spending, Government take over of health care, War on police, inciting riots and condoning BLM. trashing the constitution.

Obamas greatest gift is blaming everyone else.

C2n9p99UcAEgywH.jpg

I see you don't want to answer my questions. That's fine. :)

We are back to blaming George Bush?

Its 2017.

No, we are back to showing how one's political alignment places blame on the leaders of the opposing party while minimizing the mistakes of leaders of one's own party. Another symptom of the hyper-partisanship that's plaguing our country.

Archived