THE BROWNS BOARD

So Trump is Like Hitler?

Axe

Let's hear from someone with first hand knowledge..

http://ijr.com/2017/02/797086-youve-heard-people-compare-trump-to-hitler-so-we-asked-a-woman-who-was-born-in-nazi-germany/

"What is going on in this country is giving me chills. Trump is not like Hitler. Just because a leader wants order doesn't mean they're like a dictator.

What reminds me more of Hitler than anything else isn't Trump, it's the destruction of freedom of speech on the college campuses — the agendas fueled by the professors.

That's how Hitler started, he pulled in the youth to miseducate them, to brainwash them, it's happening today."

It would be much better if the universities would invite conservative speakers to debates with liberals (that are moderated) and where the audience is told to stay quiet and listen...they might learn something that way instead of just acting like spoiled brats throwing a tantrum.

Hitler is the go to for anyone trying to say the guy they don't like is the worstest meanie ever.

Bingo. However, I don't recall anyone doing this at Clinton rallies:

Now how about a Holocaust survivor who is also a Jewish historian:

http://www.thewrap.com/holocaust-survivor-father-feels-president-trump/

Not only has my concern not dissipated, it’s grown much stronger,” my dad, Zeev, told me from his home in Tel Aviv. “I don’t believe another Holocaust is imminent. But it’s hard to ignore the similarities between Trump and Hitler.

he won't lighten up. He hid during the obamao fiasco, now he shows up

to proscelytize to the Muslim reliigon since obamao failed, and to

bitch about the president that isn't his.

etc etc. Whatever. Liberals show up to attack on "standards" that they happily ignored

during reign of their previous liberal president.

Conservatives have principles, hard core liberals only have emotions, no principles.

If that's not building a cult of personality I don't know what is

Our countrys stood beside us

People have sent us aid.

Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.

Congress, Bush and FEMA

People across our land

Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

Tho I enjoy that militant Christian school praying in tongues to a bush cut out better

Our countrys stood beside us

People have sent us aid.

Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.

Congress, Bush and FEMA

People across our land

Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

What's that?

THe video Osiris posted was from the National Policy Institute. It's a white nationalist thinktank/lobbying group. Take that for what you will, but that's why they were giving the sieg heil sign. They're straight up Nazi's and they're pretty much proud of it. Now the question is, what ties does Trump have to the NPI?

I understand the comparison to Hitler. I don't agree with those that make that comparison. However, the President was on record suggesting that Muslims should have to register as such if they live in America. Not a direct quote but close enough. Well let's look back to history. About 70 plus years ago, subscribers to a particular religion were forced to "register" themselves as well. Those same people went on to be senselessly slaughtered over the course of 6 years.

Again I don't think the President would do that. However, his own words have opened the door for the notion that he would. For Independents like myself, that's why I'm slow to support him. He's also incorrectly generalized and pigeon holed the Hispanic race. I do agree that criminals come across our boarders. I do not think they account for the majority. I base this on my own experience with a large illegal population here in Savannah. Most here are just trying to get by like everyone else. I have seldom made a felony arrest out of that population. In fact most of our arrests of that population are traffic related, which are predominately misdemeanors. His generalizations of religions and races, have vilified him. Liberals, don't need to cook up stories and twist his words, he's spoken in a matter of fact way to tell his own story. With that said, this also opens the door for social vigilantism, which is what we are seeing now.

While everyone wants to talk about how freedom of speech is under attack, we forget that our words have consequences. I was raised by parents that are staunch Democrats but they taught me that words are powerful and that I should choose them wisely. Failure to wisely choose words has consequences. In the President's case, a consequence is being compared to Hitler. I don't think the comparison is correct, but I can definitely see where it comes from.

but Marcus, the liberals WANT registration. They just want to register guns,

and gun owners, because they want to know if one of em is going to do

something violent..........

so, now, of course, they don't want to register those refugees/immigrants/illegals, because

none of them are bad, violent people.

nah, I don't get it either....

There in lies the problem I've been speaking on for months. Subscription to one school of thought is foolhardy. I think that registration of any kind is against the values this country claims to live by. What you are saying is spot on correct. I'll even go as far to call it hypocrisy on part of the left. However, instead of championing what is right, conservatives fall in line behind a man that wants to register people themselves instead of their personal property. Both of which were thought processes of Adolf Hitler. Both of which are contrary to the American way.

Until we as nation realize that the answers lie within our Constitution we will be LOST!!! (I'm not fussing by the way I'm emphasizing my point)

Registration of people or their personal property constitutes a seizure. In which case can only be executed with a warrant or the presence of probable cause that a crime is about to or is being committed. That's the standard of the 4th Amendment. But both sides ignore this standard whenever it threatens their agenda. Both side in my opinion are well meaning for the most part. But as the old adage goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

oustanding post, except I lost it a bit on "one school of though..."

I'm thinking that one school of thought, on principle, is excellent.

The internment of Japanese back in the day... was an exellent example

of fear, and violating the rights of Americans.

A few differences though, HItler did it to commit genocide. FDR, democrat, did it

out of fear... and the difference is also between violating the rights of citizens,

and registering non-citizens coming here in droves.

A guess it's a point, don't know how valid, just thought of it, .... that

we are all registered. Social Security. veterans, weddings, ar-15 buyers,

A friend of mine that sent the txt about illegal immigrants landing here in Ohio

this morning... I sent her an email about how Kasich (accepter of $$$ from George Soros)...

-wants- immigrants here to help our stagnant economy...

A free nation can only do so much to protect itself from evil doers. Immigration has to

be vetted. But to maintain a list of people allowed to come here, seems just like you said.

Wrong, for all of us.

I meant "thought", forgive the typo. I think one school of thought can be a good thing only if but it's one that is closer towards the center. I think that it's foolish to be so far on one side of thought. Awesome reference to the Japanese American Internment by the way. An institution that is often forgotten about in history. However, my one rebuttal about the registration process is, it wasn't limited to just illegals. Maybe that wasn't the President's intent, perhaps he meant only incoming illegals. However he did as good a job at articulating that as one of my rookie officers do at articulating a disorderly conduct arrest (which generally looks like "pissing off the police" and not actually disorderly conduct).

yep. Trump tends to be a bull in a china shop. But Obamao was the

pink, paper doily on one of the tables. ... ?

Maybe it's like going through a background check to buy a gun, which I don't have a problem

with at all, and registering and keeping a big list of everybody, which is the dangerous part

of being harrassed, targeted, outlawed. socially intimidated (like in NY, they published

the names of even police folks)....

Like Gen. Kelly said, they moved a good bit too fast, and explained and justified

too little. That's lol stuff about the rookie officer, right on point.

The life of a police supervisor. It's an exhilarating experience sometimes.

Not the way I see it but funny nonetheless

Archived