THE BROWNS BOARD

Run Stoppers

darren15

Possible, but as a part timer that's not bad.

Plus look at sacks... 7.5 as a rookie. Hasn't repeated to that level, but 3.7/season for a DT is not bad. Would seem to be a situational player.

Looks like the kind of modestly priced, underutilized player this FO would root out.

Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.

Just churning... sifting through options. Also is the fact that it hasn't happened yet.

Why not do so?

Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.

I do not think the Browns are stacked with DTs....not particularly talented ones, at all. And, if the Browns do run a more base 4-3,they will need another DT in my opinion.

We got Shelton, then hybrid DE/DTs Meder and Bryant..and then pretty much nothing.

Shelton, Meder, Cooper ...?

RDE 98 Meder, Jamie CF14 96 Cooper, Xavier 15/3 99 Paea, Stephen SF16 97 Wynn, Dylan CF15
NT 55 Shelton, Danny 15/1 97 Wright, Gabe SF16 70 Lawrence-Stample, Nile CF16

LDE 90 Ogbah, Emmanuel 16/2 94 Nassib, Carl 16/3 91 Holmes, Tyrone W/Jax
Just seems like even going to a 4-3 all the time, we have the front four. While Garrett
is an elite player... is he a dramatic impact player? That dramatically upgrades the
team? I look at a player like Jamal Adams, safety... and I see it.
I know the common ratings, but it seems to me, that Adams, Howard, or Foster...
or Lattimore, would make the big splash to the Browns' goal of winning games.
A DL seems like an improvement... but not dramatic. ?

Front to back... inside out...

I don't see a higher impact player in this draft than Garrett.

Aside: I hope Stample can stay healthy this year. Thought he was an exciting UDFA signing and showed well in preseason.

Doesn't that imply Allen first? ;)

Shhhhh....

Actually it's not a hard argument to make that between Shelton-Bryant as a starting duo and a couple of our backups the interior DL looks a good bit more ready than our edge does.

Shhhhh....

Actually it's not a hard argument to make that between Shelton-Bryant as a starting duo and a couple of our backups the interior DL looks a good bit more ready than our edge does.

I've made it before. Assuming Bryant comes back to his prior level, that is - he led the team with 5-ish sacks in 2015. I'd take that again from the DT position, and Shelton will probably be just fine there. Ogbah and Garrett on the edge would be menacing then.

I would probably cry, go have a jersey made and sing the praises of the best DT rotation in the NFL.

99% sure it wont happen. Isn't Short a RFA?

Omg if we signed Short holy fuck. Btw Meder is no DE, he's a straight DT. Anyway, that interior rotation with Short would be disgusting. Seriously if we got Short and drafted Allen or Garrett....it's hard to imagine we wouldn't have one of the best front 4's in football. Neither Shelton nor Short could be double teamed on every down, which they pretty much need to be. So one of em will be collapsing the pocket on nearly every play. Please god let this happen. Maybe then the QB can't step up in the pocket and our edge rush could actually get home. In fact if we do get Short i might have to switch to camp Garrett. Having a more speed rush guy on one side and a power edge guy on the other (Nassib, Ogbah, Wynn) would be lights out.

I would probably cry, go have a jersey made and sing the praises of the best DT rotation in the NFL.

99% sure it wont happen. Isn't Short a RFA?

Short is a UFA/spotrac & the story is very possible. Car./Gettelman is very happy with #30 last season on a rook contract in Vernon Butler.. Car. is 4 deep at DT without Short ..i would luv 2 see it.. but it would take Jimmy $$'s..they'll keep Johnson or Short imo

Archived