THE BROWNS BOARD

Border wall to cost $21.6 billion...

jbluhm86

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least at the end of the day there will be something to show for the money spent and the wall would serve a purpose for years to come in stopping illegal immigration.

Lest we forget about the 850 billion plus under the Obama administration in the "porkulous" bill that had little to show for the money spent on the less than shovel ready jobs:

the libs were fine with all the money for obamaodoesn'tcare.

oh, how the switch flips when they want to turn the light on so they

can bitch and wail. history repeats itself.

wish we already had it. except they are flying over it in droves, Trump tried

to slow it down and vett them, but nooooooo, the liberal asswipe fed judges

stopped the stopping.

A friend just txt'ed me that a big planeload is landing in Ohio, or already did,

this morning. when a terrorist act happens in Ohio... you can bet the

bastidge liberals will blame it on republicans, and especially Trump.

Reckon all the good folks are going to have to guy pepper spray, tactical knives,

and shut down large public events... are we rolling downhill like a snowball headed for

hell....sure enough.

but let's all have a nice day. We don't have a black/pro-Muslim Brotherhood radical communist-

raised, Islamic-raised fraud sombeitch squatting in our WH anymore.

No big deal. Real Americans will save the day, as always. We'll build a wall, and send all

the bad ones out of here.

You can still apply, and I am sad b\c the browns have not had a winning season since 2007.

er... I'm too busy reading my seed catalogs, have to stay here and plan

the giant garden and farm. Lots of hay, sunflowers, etc...

we're just too busy.... and it's too far to commute...... and crap, that makes all of us

sad.

This must be your garden variety type of wall. Home Depot's stock is about to go up, invest immediately.

I was thinking that too but someone had to say it...

I think that the wall is not the be all end all answer. What needs to come with it is reform of the immigration process that focuses on vetting new enterants into the country. ALL NEW ENTERANTS!!! Regardless of race, color, religious affiliation, etc.

There also should be a crackdown on human trafficking that includes specific Federal laws and procedures to deal with it. Some of these should include sanctions against the originating country. This should encourage an international crackdown on human trafficking.

I don't agree with the President about them sending just murderers, rapists, and drug dealers here. First of all people most of the time are leaving the old country out of choice they're not being sent here. Don't get me wrong we've been used as a trash bin but not on the level Washington has led us to believe.

From a law enforcement perspective, we have a sizable illegal population. They generally keep to themselves and don't cause trouble. Most of the laws they break are traffic laws. Most of which are misdemeanors.

I know some have a problem with them receiving government assistance. I say that this is a problem that is perpetuated by a difficult and expensive legal process. Most of that work should be completed as soon as their feet touch American soil.

We should put the UN to work to make themselves useful. They should be helping us reshape our immigration process as well as briefing other nations as to how immigration is to be done in the U.S.

The long and short, it's a multi faceted problem that can't possibly be solved by just building a wall.

I think that the wall is not the be all end all answer. What needs to come with it is reform of the immigration process that focuses on vetting new enterants into the country. ALL NEW ENTERANTS!!! Regardless of race, color, religious affiliation, etc.

There also should be a crackdown on human trafficking that includes specific Federal laws and procedures to deal with it. Some of these should include sanctions against the originating country. This should encourage an international crackdown on human trafficking.

I don't agree with the President about them sending just murderers, rapists, and drug dealers here. First of all people most of the time are leaving the old country out of choice they're not being sent here. Don't get me wrong we've been used as a trash bin but not on the level Washington has led us to believe.

From a law enforcement perspective, we have a sizable illegal population. They generally keep to themselves and don't cause trouble. Most of the laws they break are traffic laws. Most of which are misdemeanors.

I know some have a problem with them receiving government assistance. I say that this is a problem that is perpetuated by a difficult and expensive legal process. Most of that work should be completed as soon as their feet touch American soil.

We should put the UN to work to make themselves useful. They should be helping us reshape our immigration process as well as briefing other nations as to how immigration is to be done in the U.S.

The long and short, it's a multi faceted problem that can't possibly be solved by just building a wall.

I agree with most of what you said. I don't here enough people asking the important questions. Let's forget about criminals for a minute since as you said most illegal immigrants aren't criminals. Of the people who are illegal immigrants, why aren't they immigrating legally? Is it the financial cost? Is it that it takes too long? Is it that their home countries don't provide enough documentation?

Answering these questions will lead to the policy decisions that will actually make a difference. If all you do is build a wall, people will dig under it or clime or fly over it or go around it or blow a hole in it if they are desperate enough. There's no way we're going to be able to police that whole thing.

yes there is. and you don't let terrorists and criminals in with

immigrants, as best you can, but your take that you don't try

because it's too hard, is just liberal crap.

The ulterior motive is, giant boosts of power to have minorities have

unlimited, huge floods of fellow minorites come in, and eventually

have the vote.

So many of them will be on welfare, forever? and that just makes

the concern over Cloward-Piven all the more legit. And it's very legit already.

yes there is. and you don't let terrorists and criminals in with

immigrants, as best you can, but your take that you don't try

because it's too hard, is just liberal crap.

The ulterior motive is, giant boosts of power to have minorities have

unlimited, huge floods of fellow minorites come in, and eventually

have the vote.

So many of them will be on welfare, forever? and that just makes

the concern over Cloward-Piven all the more legit. And it's very legit already.

Cal to a certain extent it's too expensive and complicated. It cost my wife and me thousands of dollars to get her permanent residency. We navigated the process easier primarily because we're both college educated. She's a virtuous woman that's a hell of a wife and mother. There are many like that can't raise that kind of money or understand the mound of paperwork. There are far more people like my wife than there are terrorists and cartel members. I agree that we need an effective vetting process. So that we can lay this notion of nothing but criminals,terrorists, and free loaders coming here to rest.

I agree that we need to change our approach to immigration in this country but I don't think walling ourselves off and not allowing anyone to be here that wasn't born here is the answer either. Especially when the human trafficking business is a booming with very little being done about it.

Cal to a certain extent it's too expensive and complicated. It cost my wife and me thousands of dollars to get her permanent residency. We navigated the process easier primarily because we're both college educated. She's a virtuous woman that's a hell of a wife and mother. There are many like that can't raise that kind of money or understand the mound of paperwork. There are far more people like my wife than there are terrorists and cartel members. I agree that we need an effective vetting process. So that we can lay this notion of nothing but criminals,terrorists, and free loaders coming here to rest.

I agree that we need to change our approach to immigration in this country but I don't think walling ourselves off and not allowing anyone to be here that wasn't born here is the answer either. Especially when the human trafficking business is a booming with very little being done about it.

Where is your wife from? My wife is originally from Japan. The process of getting her into the states via a Fiance Visa, then getting her green card was a long one. I was on a ship that was in the yards in Long Beach at the time, and we had to go the the LA Immigration. There must have been 400 Mexicans there, but we got called before all of them because I was in the military and she had all her paperwork together. She remained a registered Alien all the way until 2013 when she decided to become a Citizen. That was relatively easy. Although they make the test sound hard, they only asked her 3 easy questions and she was done.

oh, sorry, didn't mean to imply that. Trump has said the wall will have doors. We just

have to know who is coming, and vett them. Most of them, a very large? majority,

are going to be fine.

But if we let that ..whatever, 5% in that are terrorists, it only took 9? to pull off 9/11.

I talked about this with a friend from India. He said so many people want to come

here - and not all get to. In the least, we need to streamline the process, and not

let the wrong ones in.

Or, we end up like Sweden, France, and Germany. Up crap creek.

That's all. We are in trouble already, investigations cost money, and in a majority, nearly?

all states, there are investigations into serious possible isil terrorists. It may be

too late already. Build the wall. Have monitors placed where no tunnel can be built

without setting them off. Problem solved. Build a double wall with fencing that

can't be climbed, tall enough that ladders are never high enough. Problem solved.

If we don't do this, and monitor who comes in, and verifies that it's okay that they do,

we are going to end up in a stinking hell hole just like the ones the good immigrants

are fleeing from. We have foriegn based gangs in most, if not all states, already.

Where is your wife from?

Belize

My wife is originally from Japan. The process of getting her into the states via a Fiance Visa, then getting her green card was a long one. I was on a ship that was in the yards in Long Beach at the time, and we had to go the the LA Immigration.

We went to Charleston, S.C.

There must have been 400 Mexicans there, but we got called before all of them because I was in the military and she had all her paperwork together. She remained a registered Alien all the way until 2013 when she decided to become a Citizen.

Good for her. That's awesome

That was relatively easy. Although they make the test sound hard, they only asked her 3 easy questions and she was done.

Candice (my wife) is looking forward to her opportunity to become a citizen.

Archived