THE BROWNS BOARD

Border wall to cost $21.6 billion...

jbluhm86

Are u guys also ok with telling church's they can no longer do "sanctuary" either? Remember thats a real thing the church still retains. And not just for immigrants. If they do not abolish that practice then all federal funding gets stripped from them. No discussions

Because we are a nation of immigrants I want to have a liberal immigration policy. We are also a nation of laws. Churches should be working to bring immigrants here legally and not illegally.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get your point, but it's a shitty one at best. Is allowing children to suffer because of differing politics in government at its highest levels the Christian thing to do in this case? Can and should funds not be provision to avoid that scenario?

Because if youre saying the city has made it's choice, children will be harmed but, hey, it's their own doing right?? - Then you need avoid any argument against the personal choice that is abortion because you've failed miserably.

So for the last time, is it, (under an administration you believe to be the more beneficial to Christian America) the Christian thing to do or should there not be a provision in place to maintain funding for Childrens Services?

Easy question in my eyes.

And again Tiam if a sanctuary city wants to be a law unto themselves then they can take care of and be responsible for the consequences of their own actions. They can raise their taxes within a city, do fund raisers or whatever they want to do to maintain any of the services they lost for refusing to obey the law.

LOL...Mrs. OBF and I went out to lunch.

And now I'm craving a grilled cheese like a 6 year old.

And again Tiam if a sanctuary city wants to be a law unto themselves then they can take care of and be responsible for the consequences of their own actions. They can raise their taxes within a city, do fund raisers or whatever they want to do to maintain any of the services they lost for refusing to obey the law.

*smashes head against wall*

And now I'm craving a grilled cheese like a 6 year old.

*smashes head against wall*

If it would less painful for you I personally wouldn't mind continuing funds for things like Childrens Services within sanctuary cities because I get your point it is the children who would suffer but I also would not want to see that issue used as blackmail for a reason cities cannot be de-funded for disobeying federal law. If they could do a carve out provision for things like Childrens Svc. I would be fine with that.The proper way to go about laws you don't like or disagree with is to work to change laws not disobey them. Countries that do that are more of the banana republic type.

If it would less painful for you I personally wouldn't mind continuing funds for things like Childrens Services within sanctuary cities because I get your point it is the children who would suffer but I also would not want to see that issue used as blackmail for a reason cities cannot be de-funded for disobeying federal law. If they could do a carve out provision for things like Childrens Svc. I would be fine with that.The proper way to go about laws you don't like or disagree with is to work to change laws not disobey them. Countries that do that are more of the banana republic type.

And there is the middle ground. The RIGHT thing to do.

Thank you.

Asra Nomani is a liberal Muslim author who happens to share a lot of my views that I have shared here: particularly the view that their is an interpretation of Islam that is well supported by Islamic doctrine and is also compatible with American values.

Please watch the interview. She mentions several great Muslim women in history. She says a lot of things I have said here but that goes willfully ignored by the same people who are now trying to use her quote for their own purposes.

Asra Nomani is a liberal Muslim author who happens to share a lot of my views that I have shared here: particularly the view that their is an interpretation of Islam that is well supported by Islamic doctrine and is also compatible with American values.

Please watch the interview. She mentions several great Muslim women in history. She says a lot of things I have said here but that goes willfully ignored by the same people who are now trying to use her quote for their own purposes.

I just pasted a quote she made, and your trying to spin it into something else entirely. No wonder you fail as a writer.

your actions speak louder than words. how do you know, osiris, "you have

me on ignore", of course, Cleve reposted it haha, you saw it was me and read it.

so, you still read my stuff, thanks to cleve.

good job. Liberals go by emotion, rarely ever by common sense.

Archived