THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Garrett

Tour2ma

Can we say the anti-Manziel? Have to admit Ag, the guy is checking all the right boxes for me.

I had read all these things about his family and how he was raised when he first signed on with us. Neither his play nor his family have disappointed in any way these past 3 years and I expect exactly the same in Cleveland. He will be an asset to this team/community ready to work against a great mentor in Joe Thomas. Joe will make an even better player and person out of him than he already is, which is special coming in. It is my hope that as Joe retires, this somewhat shy, unassuming young man steps in to take his place as the face of the Browns going forward. I'm proud he is an Aggie and will be just as proud if he is a Brown. I'll be one of the first to order the jersey from the Browns Board shop should we draft him.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garrett checks just about every physical and talent box, AND he also checks the "head in the right place" box. Obviously I don't KNOW the kid, but I haven't heard ONE negative thing about his demeanor, personality, or anything else related to how he lives his life. Could something come out? Surely, but I don't see it happening.

I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous as the draft approaches. I just feel like our front office won't be able to resist the urge to trade the first pick. I'm to the point where I don't CARE what another team offers...I want the best player in the draft. I want the guy who will get the endorsements, who people will talk about all year, who EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. I want the guy that virtually everyone thinks should be the first pick.

Exactly!

Inventory reminds us this team went 1-15 last year so he wasn't any more excited than Joey Bosa was when asked for his honesty about the possibility of coming to Cleveland. As great as Bosa did, SD was the only team we beat. Not only that, I think the NFL channel just reported SD still finished ranked 29th on defense or in allowed points. Something significant enough to keep them losing.

Garrett is a 22 year old kid that will have Gregg Williams charging up his motor like a young Mike Tyson that used to charge across the ring to knock out opponents when he had the right coach/trainer in his corner. You know Williams is going to get him foaming at the mouth for sic em, sock em and sack em. He'll dangle that carrot throughout the entire first contract that Garrett's stage in Cleveland sets up the dream salary ahead. In the process, the Dawg Pound will get the CPR needed to bring back the home field advantage and this kid will adore it the way our defensive personnel used to back in the day. Most players fall in love with Coaches that tap their best football so this shouldn't be any different.

Bosa, to me, was/is a better prospect than Garrett. And as well as Bosa played, as you noted, it still only got the Chargers ranked #29 on defense.

So....to me, a defensive lineman will actually have limited impact on this team compared to other positions. (yes, primarily QB.)

And lets point this out: As a college player, playing in the Pac 12, which is certainly equivalent to the SEC, Nate Orchard had as much or a more productive career at Utah than Garrett did at TAMU.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nate-orchard-1.html College stats of Orchard.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/myles-garrett-1.html Garrett.

No qb till we can protect him, thats "nuff said". Tom brady looked like brian hoyer until the patriots o line got its act together

Protection will be there imo. The biggest problem is OC....and I think an Elflein or the like can be had. Its not like this is the OL that was in front of Tim Couch. There will be one HOFer, (JT) one Pro Bowler, (Bito) one steady veteran (Greco), and a few other prospects...Coleman/Drango/Reiter/etc.

I think a young veteran FA could be had as well to solidify things (Zeitler or others).

Garrett checks just about every physical and talent box, AND he also checks the "head in the right place" box. Obviously I don't KNOW the kid, but I haven't heard ONE negative thing about his demeanor, personality, or anything else related to how he lives his life. Could something come out? Surely, but I don't see it happening.

I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous as the draft approaches. I just feel like our front office won't be able to resist the urge to trade the first pick. I'm to the point where I don't CARE what another team offers...I want the best player in the draft. I want the guy who will get the endorsements, who people will talk about all year, who EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. I want the guy that virtually everyone thinks should be the first pick.

I'm nervous for another reason. I'm nervous that the consensus #1 guy won't work out and everyone will act like it's because the browns are terrible. I'm definitely in camp garret, take him and don't look back. The problem is that if he doesn't work out for one reason or another, no one will remember that all the scouts and pundits and talent evaluators were going crazy over the kid. Instead, we will have to listen to grocery store clerks and the guy who cuts lumber at Home Depot say "I knew he was garbage, I can't believe the Browns took him"

I'm nervous for another reason. I'm nervous that the consensus #1 guy won't work out and everyone will act like it's because the browns are terrible. I'm definitely in camp garret, take him and don't look back. The problem is that if he doesn't work out for one reason or another, no one will remember that all the scouts and pundits and talent evaluators were going crazy over the kid. Instead, we will have to listen to grocery store clerks and the guy who cuts lumber at Home Depot say "I knew he was garbage, I can't believe the browns took him"

But at this point the Browns have the #1 pick so it matters not what they do or don't do because if whatever they do does not work out, they will be seen that way anyway. If they don't take him and he plays HOF from day one to retirement for someone else, the Browns will look foolish anyway. It's the nature of having the luxury of #1 overall.

You mean like Trent Richardson?

Whoa! there are some of us here (like me) who felt Richardson did not check all the boxes. I thought he was too slow to make an impact. Turned out his field vision was horrendous, something you tend to miss when Alabama's o-line was opening first read holes big enough to drive a truck through. My draft eyeball on running backs is pretty good. Wasn't impressed by Derek Henry. Was OK with Adrian Peterson, but glad we took Joe Thomas instead. Was certain LaDanian Tomlinson was going to be Da Bomb.

Flugels is the ultimate inventor of pretend scenarios. "Gregg WIliams is going to charge up Garrett like........"

Yeah Tom, just like your fucking jackoff fantasy that Romeo Crennell was the genius behind Belichik, and Phil Sewage was the genius behind Ozzie. Two fucking coffee fetchers you Lewinskied for. Now fucking Greg Williams (Hue's second choice after the first choice worked out so well) is going to turn the Browns into a winner.

Oh yeah, I know, I know, the world still won't listen to you about what a great runner that piece of shit William Green was. Can you believe it Flu-girl? Nobody knows who the fuck William Green is. Hey, I know, wipe his nutsack juice off of your chin and recant to us who he was one fucking tremendous player. Hey, maybe he can hold up Joe Thomas's FUPA when he accepts his HOF induction?

Oh, better yet, here, let me pull your Chatty Cathy string so you can go on and on about Maurice Clarett verses William Green. Then, when you are done with that, maybe you can compare the scent of Whifrey's cunt with that of Whoopie Goldberg. More shit that nobody cares about.

Okay Princess! Are you going down Memory Lane listening to your Barbara Streisand CD of the Way We Were? God bless ya! Yeah, who was the fan that wrote the entire message board an apology letter about what a Dumb Bastard he was for doubting what Romeo Crennel and the Browns were capable of after the Browns finished 10-6 in 2007? Then came this temporary plastic "Ghoolie has always loved the Browns and he only wanted to hold them to the standard it once was here?" Ring a bell?

When Kumbaya and mainstreaming yourself stopped getting you the level of attention your Jerry Springer sells agenda gets you - we got the same persona denouncing every new coach, FO and ownership. All you do is recycle the same posts full of trailer park Shakespeare just changing the names of the fans and coaches you have insecurities about in between all your touchy feely and naked Twister sessions with Steel Orphans. What's next? Are you squids going to send us a post card or group selfy from Hershey Park?

Yes, my favorite football prediction from you will remain "Mo Clarett is the next Jim Brown. Book it!" I like the nerve it always hits. Just out of curiosity, who Coordinated the #1 defense in the AFC this year in spite of missing JJ Watt? A coffee fetching, terrible football coach? You don't say... I won't disappoint you by continuing to root for the Cleveland Browns and the the leadership while you keep rooting for Big Ben because you're a sissy. Your man card disappeared a long time ago. From now on your Steeler Fag name is Eileen Dover-Stinksdriving.

Yes, my favorite football prediction from you will remain "Mo Clarett is the next Jim Brown. Book it!" I like the nerve it always hits. Just out of curiosity, who Coordinated the #1 defense in the AFC this year in spite of missing JJ Watt? A coffee fetching, terrible football coach? You don't say... I won't disappoint you by continuing to root for the Cleveland Browns and the the leadership while you keep rooting for Big Ben because you're a sissy. Your man card disappeared a long time ago. From now on your Steeler Fag name is Eileen Dover-Stinksdriving.

He's not listening and doubtless will come up with some BS. Doesn't get there's a few DCs like Crennell, Le Beau, Wade, and hopefully Williams who failed at head coaching but are the best in the biz as DCs. Yeah Ghoolie- those great Steeler defenses were all Cowher's ideas. F- that, you should know better.

If no one felt compelled to quote Ghoolie, I wouldn't know that autistic troll existed on here. Why even respond to him?

Because he's great at trolling? If Brady makes another SB, I'll ask our Administrator to give Ghoolie his very own sub forum- Ghoolie's Las Vegas Fantasies. :)

Secure additional talent on the Dline and you won't have to worry about your #1 overall looking all-world or not, he'll have help to ease the growth process.

Hence why I was excited at the thought of Kwaan Short, Sheldon Richardson (since cooled on), Allen, etc etc.

I liked the Shelton pick, don't think he is a world beater just yet but he is a very solid piece that we hope will only get better when you put more talent around him. I'd love to see the Browns build a badass defense and then run ground and pound.

I'd love to see the Browns build a badass defense and then run ground and pound.

You know... one of these days after nearly every D in the league has gone with lighter, hybrid S/LBs, the whole two-RB backfield, formerly known as the "pro-style" offense, is going to make a comeback.

You know... one of these days after nearly every D in the league has gone with lighter, hybrid S/LBs, the whole two-RB backfield, formerly known as the "pro-style" offense, is going to make a comeback.

I really would just like the Browns to have "Ray Lewis" type defense.

I wonder who has the greatest "coffee-fetching" tree?

Taking that at face value, surely Billy B? How many of his coffee fetchers have failed as the main guy?

In serious land, Marvin Lewis will be doing OK, with zimmer, gruden and maybe Jackson and others.

Archived