THE BROWNS BOARD

The biggest political leftwing farce: "man made goober warning"

calfoxwc

I'm glad you learned a few things...is this where I'm supposed to offer you a participation trophy?

I'll give you then benefit of the doubt here. I'll show some patience.

Your graph does not disprove Sad. His statement was about global temperatures. You posted a graph showing just the US. I would suggest understanding the data your posting before you throw it around.

I'll give you then benefit of the doubt here. I'll show some patience.

Your graph does not disprove Sad. His statement was about global temperatures. You posted a graph showing just the US. I would suggest understanding the data your posting before you throw it around.

All of the data that I saw from the 1930's indicates that the US and Australia were in an extremely warm time frame. Some of the all time record high temperatures also came from the '30's & early '40's. I could've said that sadbrownsfan was full of shit, but if he has some data to the contrary, I would like to see it. Since I wasn't alive back then, I'll give him/her the benefit of a doubt.

All of the data that I saw from the 1930's indicates that the US and Australia were in an extremely warm time frame. Some of the all time record high temperatures also came from the '30's & early '40's. I could've said that sadbrownsfan was full of shit, but if he has some data to the contrary, I would like to see it. Since I wasn't alive back then, I'll give him/her the benefit of a doubt.

You said "the data doesn't support your claim" and then posted data that you thought refuted his claim. But it doesn't. You posted US temp data. He was referring to global temps. Yo didn't state you were making a separate point entirely, you thought you were disproving his. You weren't.

You said "the data doesn't support your claim" and then posted data that you thought refuted his claim. But it doesn't. You posted US temp data. He was referring to global temps. Yo didn't state you were making a separate point entirely, you thought you were disproving his. You weren't.

I don't have global data from the that time frame, I'm not saying it doesn't exist...I've just never saw any.

The only data I have seen to date is from the US and Australia.

Again, if he has data to refute my claim...then by all means let me see it.

I'm just telling you, your original post didn't do what you think it did.

Umm, let's see...Australia and the US are going through one of the greatest if not THE greatest warming spell on record, while the rest of the planet freezes their asses off. Great logic Woody.

Here's a better idea, let's see if sad posts something to support his/her claim that it was indeed a cool period in the realm of weather record keeping. Sad made the claim, time to pony up some proof.

And here's another fact, if global warming was occurring this graph would go up AND not come down.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Actually, no, that's wrong. The fluctuations are due to the seasons. assuming this is just measuring one region of the planet. It's a pretty terrible graph without a lot of description and without Y-axis labels, but in any case, If you drew a trend line you would see that it is going up. Look at the lowest points in each valley. They go up consistently. Look at the peaks which presumably are the summers. They go up. You can't read a graph like that looking at individual points. You look at trends.

and... the article and graphs I posted get ignored. hahaha. that's funny.

I got yourall's all soaked in Egypt right here.

you silly mmgw dreamers have a nice day:

http://www.americant...bal Warming.htm

and... the article and graphs I posted get ignored. hahaha. that's funny.

I got yourall's all soaked in Egypt right here.

you silly mmgw dreamers have a nice day:

http://www.americant...bal Warming.htm

This is all taken from here-> https://www.skepticalscience.com/10000-years-warmer.htm

"Easterbrook plots the temperature data from the GISP2 core, as archived here. Easterbrook defines “present” as the year 2000. However, the GISP2 “present” follows a common paleoclimate convention and is actually 1950. The first data point in the file is at 95 years BP. This would make 95 years BP 1855 — a full 155 years ago, long before any other global temperature record shows any modern warming. In order to make absolutely sure of my dates, I emailed Richard Alley, and he confirmed that the GISP2 “present” is 1950, and that the most recent temperature in the GISP2 series is therefore 1855.

This is Easterbrook’s main sleight of hand. He wants to present a regional proxy for temperature from 155 years ago as somehow indicative of present global temperatures. The depths of his misunderstanding are made clear in a response he gave to a request from the German EIKE forum to clarify why he was representing 1905 (wrongly, in two senses) as the present. Here’s what he had to say:

The contention that the ice core only reaches 1905 is a complete lie (not unusual for AGW people). The top of the core is accurately dated by annual dust layers at 1987. There has been no significant warming from 1987 to the present, so the top of the core is representative of the present day climate in Greenland.

Unfortunately for Don, the first data point in the temperature series he’s relying on is not from the “top of the core”, it’s from layers dated to 1855. The reason is straightforward enough — it takes decades for snow to consolidate into ice."

GISP210k480.png

"The GISP2 series — the red line — appears to be identical to Easterbrook’s version. The bottom black line shows his 1855 “present”, and it intersects the red line in the same places as his chart. I’ve added a grey line based on the +1.44ºC quantum calculated from the GRIP temperature data, and two blue crosses, which show the GISP2 site temperatures inferred from adjusted GRIP data for 1855 and 2009.

Two things are immediately apparent. If we make allowance for local warming over the last 155 years, Easterbrook’s claim that “most of the past 10,000 [years] have been warmer than the present” is not true for central Greenland, let alone the global record. It’s also clear that there is a mismatch between the temperature reconstructions and the ice core record. The two blue crosses on the chart show the GISP site temperatures (adjusted from GRIP data) for 1855 and 2009. It’s clear there is a calibration issue between the long term proxy (based on ∂18O measurement) and recent direct measurement of temperatures on the Greenland ice sheet. How that might be resolved is an interesting question, but not directly relevant to the point at issue — which is what Don Easterbrook is trying to show. Here’s his conclusion:"

Archived