THE BROWNS BOARD

Great old BROWNS football clips from 1946 and on.

mjp28

For some great old BROWNS footage going back to the AAFL days through the 1950s, 1960s and more check this out.

1946 highlights, 1964 NFL Championship Game a real trip down memory lane.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZhNF9BFONk

Good to see the Ol' Muni again where many of us spent many years watching Cleveland Browns football. ...and some Indians too.

Oh BTW I watched a few of the old clips some much longer than others there are a lot of BROWNS clips over several decades plus some other teams memorable games.

Nice to watch during the football offseason. ;)

I have complete games on dvd to watch during the off season, my oldest game is from the 1970, 1st Monday Night Football game. Then I jump to 1979 to 2015. Many classic match ups against the Steelers. It does feel nice and go back in time to the late 70's with Brian Sipe and the Greg & Mike Pruitt era.

I was just looking at the 1954 Lions at BROWNS NFL Championship game clip, oh the old stadium, the programs, Detroit had Doak Walker and Bobby Layne and the BROWNS Otto Graham after 9 seasons saying that this was his last game.

Some real football history in that 26 minute presentation, this is great for us old die hards but would be great for young fans to see what it is really all about....BTW I was 4 years old when that game was played, it's interesting for me too.

...BTW I was 4 years old when that game was played, it's interesting for me too.

Damn... first I knew that I should have been calling you, "Sir," all this time...

Dick "Night Train" Lane was not QB Robert "Bobby" Lane. Night Train came to the Lions in 1960 in trade.

Yes I was shooting that one from memory, here's more:

....Richard Lane (April 16, 1928 – January 29, 2002), commonly known as Dick "Night Train" Lane, was an American football player. A native of Austin, Texas, he played professional football in the National Football League (NFL) for 14 years as a defensive back for the Los Angeles Rams (1952–1953), Chicago Cardinals (1954–1959), and Detroit Lions (1960–1965).....

....Robert Lawrence "Bobby" Layne Sr. (December 19, 1926 – December 1, 1986) was an American football quarterback who played for 15 seasons in the National Football League. He played for the Chicago Bears in 1948, the New York Bulldogs in 1949, the Detroit Lions from 1950–1958, and the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1958–1962.

Layne was selected by the Bears with the third overall pick of the 1948 NFL draft. He played college football at the University of Texas. Layne was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1967 and the College Football Hall of Fame in 1968. His number, 22, has been retired by the University of Texas Longhorns and Detroit Lions......

Well both did play for Detroit my old brain mental fart.

And yes Tour I am 66 but a very young looking 66, when I was in the hospital in 2015 and again in early 2016 most thought I was late 40s or early 50s....and in surprisingly good shape.

Just noticed the screen name of the poster of a couple of these oldies... Comrade Dobler... lol...

Yeah in the Dog Pound Kremlin.

Archived