THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Past Drafts Trivia

The Gipper

Here is a set of Trivia, all about the Browns past drafts:

1. Of all the QBs ever drafted by the Browns, which one has the best win pct. with the Browns..minimum 5 starts?

(hint: Otto Graham not drafted by Browns)

2. Of all the QBs ever drafted by the Browns, which one has the worst win pct. with the Browns...minimum 5 starts?

3. Which QB drafted by the Browns won the most games with the Browns?

4. Name all the QBs the Browns have ever drafted in Round 1 of the regular draft. (do not include Kosar...Supp draft). Note: 7 names

5. To date, who is the best QB the Browns have taken in Round 3 of the draft (wins/productivity)?

6. Besides Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly, which RB drafted by the Browns scored the most TDs in his career with the Browns?

7. Which Defensive End drafted by the Browns had the most sacks for the Browns?

8. Four Linebackers drafted by the Browns have made 4 or more Pro Bowls. Name them.

9. Three Defensive Tackles drafted by the Browns have made 3 or more Pro Bowls for the Browns. Name them.

10. Which 2 defensive backs drafted by the Browns have the most career interceptions with the Browns?

11. Two Offensive Tackle drafted by the Browns have made 6 or more Pro Bowls. Name them.

12. Who is the only Offensive lineman ever drafted by the Browns to have made the Pro Football Hall of Fame...to date?

Bonus: Per PFR...who are the 5 "most productive" WRs/TEs/FLs ever drafted by the Browns?

Been a while... looks like a fun one...

1. Of all the QBs ever drafted by the Browns, which one has the best win pct. with the Browns..minimum 5 starts?
5? Shit... Dr. Frank and Bill Nelson were both around .700-ish, but I don't think we drafted either of them...

Has to be a Paul-Brown-hay-day, era guy... AKA in the 50's...

WAG Milt Plum... although I'm betting there's a short-timer I'm forgetting or the start bar would not be so low.

2. Of all the QBs ever drafted by the Browns, which one has the worst win pct. with the Browns...minimum 5 starts?
As bad as I want to say "Wheezy", he did win a few, so I have to go with Cody "O-fer" Kessler...

Sipe

4. Name all the QBs the Browns have ever drafted in Round 1 of the regular draft. (do not include Kosar...Supp draft). Note: 7 names
Wheezy... Brady-kins... Timmah... JFF.... Mike Phipps...

5. To date, who is the best QB the Browns have taken in Round 3 of the draft (wins/productivity)?
No idea...

6. Besides Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly, which RB drafted by the Browns scored the most TDs in his career with the Browns?
Mack?

Pleasant?

8. Four Linebackers drafted by the Browns have made 4 or more Pro Bowls. Name them.
Clay... Chip... Jim Houston...

9. Three Defensive Tackles drafted by the Browns have made 3 or more Pro Bowls for the Browns. Name them.
MDP... Sherk... bunch of 2-ways back in the day, e.g., Bob Gain, but he was noted more for his OT play...

10. Which 2 defensive backs drafted by the Browns have the most career interceptions with the Browns?
Thom Darden for sure... he holds the team record formerly held by Warren Lahr, not sure we drafted Lahr, but have no better guess ATM...

11. Two Offensive Tackle drafted by the Browns have made 6 or more Pro Bowls. Name them.
Joe T and Groza? Did we draft Groza??? Rethought WAG based on #12... Dick Schaffrath

12. Who is the only Offensive lineman ever drafted by the Browns to have made the Pro Football Hall of Fame...to date?
I have a feeling Groza was just eliminated... Educated WAG: Gene Hickerson

Bonus: Per PFR...who are the 5 "most productive" WRs/TEs/FLs ever drafted by the Browns?
Ozzie... Gary Collins... Warfield... Speedy?... Renfro?

Been a while... looks like a fun one...

5? Shit... Dr. Frank and Bill Nelson were both around .700-ish, but I don't think we drafted either of them...

Has to be a Paul-Brown-hay-day, era guy... AKA in the 50's...

WAG Milt Plum... although I'm betting there's a short-timer I'm forgetting or the start bar would not be so low.

Nope...its a check on Plum

As bad as I want to say "Wheezy", he did win a few, so I have to go with Cody "O-fer" Kessler...

Check on Kessler....0-8

Sipe

Check

Wheezy... Brady-kins... Timmah... JFF.... Mike Phipps...

All right....there are 2 more.

No idea...

Mack? No....Mack was taken in the USFL Supp draft...But he would not be right anyway

Pleasant? No, but you are warm in terms of era

Clay... Chip... Jim Houston... Yes....plus One more

MDP... Sherk... bunch of 2-ways back in the day, e.g., Bob Gain, but he was noted more for his OT play...

Both MDP and Sherk, yes...but not Gain.

Thom Darden for sure... he holds the team record formerly held by Warren Lahr, not sure we drafted Lahr, but have no better guess ATM...Yes on Darden....not Lahr

Joe T and Groza? Did we draft Groza??? Rethought WAG based on #12... Dick Schaffrath

Check on JT and Shafrath.

I have a feeling Groza was just eliminated... Educated WAG: Gene Hickerson

Check on Hickerson (Groza not drafted...basically an AAFC free agent signing)

Ozzie... Gary Collins... Warfield... Speedy?... Renfro?

Check on the first three. FYI, the PFR does not give "grades" on early players like Mac Speedie or Lavelli...or Renfro, so they are not listed. Two others

#6 Mike Pruitt?

#9..the last one is Michael Dean Perry

Those are my only guesses right now.

Mike

I have a bonus question that not one of you will ever solve. My trivia is the best and the most difficult.

Which former Cleveland Browns WR has won the most championships?

John Havlicek.

Mike

I have a bonus question that not one of you will ever solve. My trivia is the best and the most difficult.

Which former Cleveland Browns WR has won the most championships?

I assume you mean as a player. Maybe you think you have us tricked....but the fact is....Dante Lavelli was a part of 7 Championships. Mac Speedie was part of 6.

Whatever answer you think you have is not likely to beat those.

John Havlicek.

Mike

I see Boo tried to pull a trick question.

Only problem: he tricked himself. He says what Former Cleveland Browns WR played in the most Championships:

John Havlicek never played in a regular season game as a Cleveland Brown. At best he may have had a dabble in a training camp.

Second Chance Saloon. Here are the unanswered questions....see if you can finish them off:

4. Besides Couch/Quinn/Weeden/Phipps/Manziel...what other 2 QBs have the Browns drafted in the first round?

5. To date, in terms of stats and productivity, who is the best QB the Browns have drafted in Round 3?

7. Which DE drafted by the Browns had the most career sacks for the Browns? (note: sacks only a stat since 1982)

8. Besides Clay Matthews, Chip Banks and Jim Houston, what other LB drafted by the Browns appeared in 4 or more Pro Bowls. Hint: think old school

9. Besides MD Perry and Jerry Sherk, what one other DT made 3 or more Pro Bowls as a member of the Browns?

10. Besides Thom Darden, what other DB drafted by the Browns had the most career Ints. with the Browns?

Bonus: Besides Warfield, Collins and Newsome....which two other Browns WRs/TE/FL had the most productive careers (total career) per PFR.

No, Havliceck was drafted in the NFL draft as a Browns WR but quit to pursue and pro basketball career.

Was Ernie Davis a Brown? He never played in a regular season game as a Brown.

You stepped into that one big time.

Ernie Davis never won a Championship...but he did play before in preseason....Havlicek never played for the Browns.

Besides...we have a rule here. If you want to ask your own trivia, it OK, But...you must first make an effort to answer the trivia that is on the board. I don't see where you made an effort there.

I see Boo tried to pull a trick question.

Only problem: he tricked himself. He says what Former Cleveland Browns WR played in the most Championships:

John Havlicek never played in a regular season game as a Cleveland Brown. At best he may have had a dabble in a training camp.

Slow on the uptake this morning Gip? He didn't specify WHICH championships.

I would have to reference Draft History.com and that is not what trivia is all about.

That is right. That would be called cheating. You answer what you can answer from what you know and you leave the rest up to others.

Now, can you or can you not give any answers..even guesses... to the remaining questions.

Slow on the uptake this morning Gip? He didn't specify WHICH championships.

He did say "former Cleveland Browns WR". I contend that while JH was drafted by the Browns, he was never a Browns receiver. If he spent ANY time at all in camp with the Browns, he quit right away.

That is like saying that LeBron James is a former Browns TE because he came out to camp one day and caught a few passes from the players there.

I knew some of answers.

I havent been a Browns fan that long and dont know my Browns history except for John Havliceck.

So, go suck some Hondo dick. Did you only know some of those that were already answered?

If you don't know...just say so and leave this to someone with something to say.

Next time you start a thread, maybe I will gum it up with a whole ton of off topic bullshit.

Jesus Christ.

May have a couple more...

5. To date, in terms of stats and productivity, who is the best QB the Browns have drafted in Round 3?
This one's been bugging me... is it "Akron" Charlie Frye? Not sure he was R3, but was in that neighborhood. The only other 3rd I'm sure of was Colt, but I think Charlie had a little better run... until he did not.

9. Besides MD Perry and Jerry Sherk, what one other DT made 3 or more Pro Bowls as a member of the Browns?
Was that Jerry's old running buddy, Walter Johnson?

10. Besides Thom Darden, what other DB drafted by the Browns had the most career Ints. with the Browns?

I think our other big, INT DB was Clarence Scott.

Bonus: Besides Warfield, Collins and Newsome....which two other Browns WRs/TE/FL had the most productive careers (total career) per PFR.
Not Max or Ray "the Rabbit"... shame PFR doesn't go back that far.

One other, more contemporary possibility might be our original, receiving TE, Milt Morin... fairly long career.

May have a couple more...

This one's been bugging me... is it "Akron" Charlie Frye? Not sure he was R3, but was in that neighborhood. The only other 3rd I'm sure of was Colt, but I think Charlie had a little better run... until he did not.

It is Colt. He had the better numbers by far than Frye.

Was that Jerry's old running buddy, Walter Johnson?

Check

I think our other big, INT DB was Clarence Scott.

Check

One other, more contemporary possibility might be our original, receiving TE, Milt Morin... fairly long career.

No, for one...note I said "total career" for this question.

Answers:

Milt Plum 33-16-2 with Browns. 56-41-6 total

(does anyone know why the Browns traded him?)

Cody Kessler 0-8

Brian Sipe 57. (He also has the most losses with 55) BK only a few wins behind.

Harry Agannis. Bobby Garrett. Mike Phipps. Teeum Couch. Quinn, Weeden, Manziel.

It might be fair to say that every one of them could be a bust...though I don't consider Couch that.

Colt McCoy. Has best numbers, yards...TDs etc. Could Kessler pass him????

Mike Pruitt

(Ernest Byner has more total in his career, but not with Browns. Byner played several years with the Redskins)

Rob Burnett 40.5

(If Garrett is drafted I expect that many in the first year...Its only 2.5 per game!)

Walt Michaels, Clay Matthews, Chip Banks, Jim Houston

Walter Johnson, Jerry Sherk, MDP

Thom Darden and Clarence Scott

Joe Thomas 10 Dick Shafrath 6

Gene Hickerson. JT will get in. Shafrath should be in. Guys like Groza, MacCormack were early AAFC FAs.

Paul Warfield, Ozzie Newsome, Gary Collins, Bobby Mitchell, Webster Slaughter. PFR does not give numbers for the likes of Lavelli/Speedie.

I usually wait until Friday afternoon to give answers, but most are already gotten. So above are answers.

Failed to note that... brings a bunch of possibilities into play, e.g. Webster Slaughter... which I now see is correct.

Would never have guessed Bobby M, since he never played WR for us.

Failed to note that... brings a bunch of possibilities into play, e.g. Webster Slaughter.

See the answers. Webstar was one....along with Bobby Mitchell. Of course, Warfield also played for the Dolphins.

Webster actually only played half his career with the Browns.....6 years. 3 years with Houston, and one each with Chiefs, Jets, Chargers.

Bobby Mitchell only played 4 years with Browns....and 7 with Redskins.

Warfield played 8 years with Browns....5 with Miami.

See the answers. Webstar was one....along with Bobby Mitchell. Of course, Warfield also played for the Dolphins.

Webster actually only played half his career with the Browns.....6 years. 3 years with Houston, and one each with Chiefs, Jets, Chargers.

Bobby Mitchell only played 4 years with Browns....and 7 with Redskins.

Warfield played 8 years with Browns....5 with Miami.

Ah, but Bobby was never a "Browns WR/TE/FL"...

Archived