THE BROWNS BOARD

Muslim and gay bakeries are allowed to discriminate -obamao alt-left "law"

calfoxwc

Muslim bakery refuses to bake cake for gay wedding ...
www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/muslim-bakery-refuses-to-bake.../68688819/
3 days ago - 20 posts - ‎16 authors
Muslim bakery refuses to bake cake for gay wedding... - [link=(https://twitter.com/UpsetALiberal/status/830835282526273537)]LINK[/link] I' ...
Muslim bakeries refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings VIDEO ...
freedomdaily.com/muslim-bakeries-refuse-to-bake-cakes-for-gay-weddings-video-me...
via RedFlag: Muslim bakeries in Michigan refused to bake cakes for gay weddings. You would think that would be news like Memories Pizza refusing to cater ...
A Guy Walked Into a Muslim Bakery and Ordered a Gay Wedding ...
https://pjmedia.com/.../a-guy-walked-into-a-muslim-bakery-and-ordered-a-gay-weddi...
Apr 2, 2015 - Steven Crowder went into a bunch of Muslim bakeries in Dearborn, Michigan, ... Many of the bakers politely declined and sent him to other bakeries, ... a hint of irony "Well, it's his shop and he has the right to refuse service.

13 Gay Bakeries Refuse to Make Traditional Marriage Cake With the ...

www.christianpost.com/.../13-gay-bakeries-refuse-to-make-traditional-marriage-cake-...

Dec 19, 2014 - Despite anti-discrimination laws in many states that require Christian bakery owners to bake cakes for same-sex weddings, 13 LGBT and ...

Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Pro ...

shoebat.com › Featured › General › Highlight

Dec 12, 2014 - No one targeted pro-gay bakeries, but gay activists target Christian bakeries. ... A Christian making a homosexual cake with “Support Gay Marriage” goes ..... and before then, the bakers never discriminated on the basis of ...

so, you have to call it for what it is, a leftwing ascribing discriminatory and harrassment

power to themselves, over conservatives and Christians, and folks who know that

a Real Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Any follower of any religion should have that right. With that said there are consequences to that. They run the risk of losing business and may even face boycotts and protest. This is a consequence for standing up for what they believe in. So to me it's a two way street. If you decline to provide a service to members of alternative lifestyles or religions. You will have to deal with criticism, and being labeled as discriminatory.

Both sides of the political fence exploit these instances to push their respective agendas. I had this debate with my father some years ago. I've at least at some point voted for Ron Paul in the last three elections. Yes, I'm aware he did not run in the last one. But, my dad brought up the fact the Ron Paul once said he would repeal parts of the Civil Rights act. One of which, was the part of the act that made segregated businesses illegal. The point I made to my dad was, in this world today it's foolish business to do so. If businesses are seriously going to discriminate against a race, religion or sexual orientation they run the risk of failing because of the exclusion and consequent constitutional right to boycott and protest.

I agree if a business wants to decline to provide a service they should be able to. However, I don't feel it's right that people are criticized for peacefully protesting against that business. As that is a right of the people as well.

Any follower of any religion should have that right. With that said there are consequences to that. They run the risk of losing business and may even face boycotts and protest. This is a consequence for standing up for what they believe in. So to me it's a two way street. If you decline to provide a service to members of alternative lifestyles or religions. You will have to deal with criticism, and being labeled as discriminatory.

Both sides of the political fence exploit these instances to push their respective agendas. I had this debate with my father some years ago. I've at least at some point voted for Ron Paul in the last three elections. Yes, I'm aware he did not run in the last one. But, my dad brought up the fact the Ron Paul once said he would repeal parts of the Civil Rights act. One of which, was the part of the act that made segregated businesses illegal. The point I made to my dad was, in this world today it's foolish business to do so. If businesses are seriously going to discriminate against a race, religion or sexual orientation they run the risk of failing because of the exclusion and consequent constitutional right to boycott and protest.

I agree if a business wants to decline to provide a service they should be able to. However, I don't feel it's right that people are criticized for peacefully protesting against that business. As that is a right of the people as well.

That is pretty much how I see it as well. You know someone is being honest about their beliefs when they are willing to risk the consequences and the gay community seems to do very well in mobilizing boycotts on Christian owners who cannot condone or support gay marriage. I remember when a Christian employee at a pizza parlor said they could not in good conscience cater a gay wedding and some in the gay community immediately tried to put the pizza parlor out of business (not to mention the death threats). The business only survived when a Go Fund Me account was set up and money was raised to save the business.

or, we could pass a law saying that only people with NO strongly held moral/religious

stances are allowed to own a business...

Unless we get some protections for religious beliefs that is where we are headed at. That is the answer given to Christians in business today ...they are either forced to go against their beliefs or get out of business one way or the other...one of voluntarily getting out of business and the other by having everything taken from them and forced out of business.

"[T]he media, that he complains about, has been talking about a Christian bakery refusing to bake a cake for a same sex wedding, because that was the subject of several court cases, said Mr. Williams. If a Muslim bakery somewhere has refused to bake a cake for a gay couple, that couple apparently didnt take the issue to court."

why would a Christian couple denied service at a Muslim bakery, who don't believe

in forcing a Christian couple to provide service for gays, go to court to force the Muslim

bakery to defy their own beliefs?

Suppose the Christian couple wanted a wedding cake that said "Bible yes, Koran, NO"...

would anybody think the gov should require the Muslim bakery to do that?

You simply explain, and they go to another bakery.

That is pretty much how I see it as well. You know someone is being honest about their beliefs when they are willing to risk the consequences and

the gay community seems to do very well in mobilizing boycotts on Christian owners who cannot condone or support gay marriage. I remember when a Christian employee at a pizza parlor said they could not in good conscience cater a gay wedding and some in the gay community immediately tried to put the pizza parlor out of business (not to mention the death threats). The business only survived when a Go Fund Me account was set up and money was raised to save the business.

But they're right to protest can't and shouldn't be trampled to in the name of protecting the religious beliefs of the business owner. Deal with the threats as a criminal matter but allow the peaceful protests. Again standing up for what you believe in will often lead to hardships much like what those owners experienced. The Government has no dog in this fight either way. We the American people are expected to be wise and responsible enough to settle disputes and defeat dissent.

But they're right to protest can't and shouldn't be trampled to in the name of protecting the religious beliefs of the business owner. Deal with the threats as a criminal matter but allow the peaceful protests. Again standing up for what you believe in will often lead to hardships much like what those owners experienced. The Government has no dog in this fight either way. We the American people are expected to be wise and responsible enough to settle disputes and defeat dissent.

It is all about one's conscience on these matters and there is no hard and fast rules as to what the boundaries are. What bothers one Christian's conscience may not bother another. This is what It is all about and not hate towards anyone.

Protests and boycotts are one thing but when the courts get involved and a Christian business owner loses everything because of their beliefs that is just wrong. A Christian baker refuses to make a cake for a gay wedding and a court rules against them with damages of over 150 thousand dollars. The same goes with the Christian florist who is in danger of losing her business and life savings over her personal religious convictions. It is hard to stand up for what you believe if a court is going to take everything away from you.

Yeah that's what happens when you don't follow the Constitution. That's why I don't subscribe to the liberal or conservative side. Adeherence to the Constitution is the only way to guarantee rights for everyone.

Archived