THE BROWNS BOARD

Cousins?

beare

First overall for Cousins? Not. A. Chance.

Cousins wants to go to SFO. Do you think that the Niners would give their #2 overall for him?

If Cousins does go to SFO, that would mean they would be out of the QB market as far as the draft is concerned, no?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sometimes wonder what Browns fans want at the QB position.

And I always wonder why anyone would trade for a tagged player...

"Oh Boy! Let's trade multiple, high picks now for a player we might only rent for one year. A year we might have waited and then signed the player for free."

You'd only do it if you were signing him to a long term deal?

Nope... I would not do it... period.

I can wait a year. Spend it watching Myles on D... and smiling...

It SF gets Cousins and Chi gets Glennon then either Watson or Trubisky likely falls to us @ 12 if we don't get Taylor from Buff.

... or Garop from NE... which got me thinking...

I can see an old-fashioned, three-way blockbuster forming up...

• Cousins to SF... SF's #2 overall to WSH.
  • Garop to WSH... SF's #2 to NE... NE's #32 to WSH.

Probably a couple other picks flying around to balance things. Probably some contingencies on the QBs signing deals, but seems plausible.

Of course NE would immediately start shopping the #2 overall...

First overall for Cousins? Not. A. Chance.

If he agreed to a long term deal he is worth the #1 all day long. There is no player available FA or draft that would have this kind of impact. Basically 5000 passing yards, 25 TD's 4 rushing TD's and a 2/1 Int ratio two years running. Give him equal to better weapons than Washington and he's elite.

If he agreed to a long term deal he is worth the #1 all day long. There is no player available FA or draft that would have this kind of impact. Basically 5000 passing yards, 25 TD's 4 rushing TD's and a 2/1 Int ratio two years running. Give him equal to better weapons than Washington and he's elite.

You lost me at Kirk Cousins being elite.

Don't get me wrong, he's had a couple of excellent seasons. But elite he isn't and elite he never shall be.

I just have this Jay Cutler feeling about him if we did rely on him long term, we'd wish every season for something better.

Per Schefter this morning, the Redskins have actually had several trade offers for Cousins and the Redskins have turned them all down flat, saying that they are NOT going to trade Cousins.

If this is indeed the case, then the 49ers are back in the hunt for a QB at #2....despite the fact that it seems that they have Brian Hoyer locked up...and will give him a chance to start.

I read that as: You have a chance to start....as a "Bridge" QB until the guy we draft is ready to go.

Anyone else see that?

Two Cleveland area guys on the roster of the 49ers...which, of course is owned by Youngstown guys.

Cousins has basically begged them to trade him according to Schefter.

He leaves for nothing next year if they don't. . .they've got a decision to make

You would think they would try to trade him....but they may be obstinate...they may think they can change his mind...they may think that other teams have them over the barrel and would be unwilling to give full value for him....ergo the NYET at least to this point.

Cousins has basically begged them to trade him according to Schefter.

He leaves for nothing next year if they don't. . .they've got a decision to make

He's as good as gone next year. The Redskins had better come up with a long term deal that Cousins will sign, or they just shot themselves in the foot. Unlike Garropolo- Cousins would definitely net Washington a first round pick.

Since the Browns went after Kenny Britt, I can't see them offering #12 to the Patriots for Jimmy. In this deep draft that pick is way too valuable to be spending on a guy who's thrown 90 or so NFL passes.

He's as good as gone next year. The Redskins had better come up with a long term deal that Cousins will sign, or they just shot themselves in the foot. Unlike Garropolo- Cousins would definitely net Washington a first round pick.

Since the Browns went after Kenny Britt, I can't see them offering #12 to the Patriots for Jimmy. In this deep draft that pick is way too valuable to be spending on a guy who's thrown 90 or so NFL passes.

If he's your guy you take him. If you're on the fence don't.

WSS

“Growing Belief” Browns May Attempt To Trade For Kirk Cousins http://bit.ly/2nq4PUf

Again, rumor mill out there for any and every QB in the NFL.

When are we going to hear that we are interested in trading for Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson etc. etc. etc.

Just read the story and it seems the price going around the NFL is our 12 this year and next years 2nd rounder we got from the Osweiler trade

Just read the story and it seems the price going around the NFL is our 12 this year and next years 2nd rounder we got from the Osweiler trade

Sorry.....to paraphrase the old song: I get no kick from this Champagne. Pure Cousins does not thrill me at all.

Yeah, then trade him to 'Frisco for #2 & a boatload of other picks. LOL

I just love all these dumbass rumors this time of year.

Mike

I have to think if we could have him for #12 and the Houston 2 someone would have broke the sound barrier getting to the phone.

Am I the only guy who isn't choked up about Kirk Cousins at all?

WSS

No, you're not. But, like, say, Andy Dalton - he may not be elite, but he's a heck of a lot better than what we've had.

No, you're not. But, like, say, Andy Dalton - he may not be elite, but he's a heck of a lot better than what we've had.

I'm not sure that he would be any better in the same situation as RG3 Josh McCown and Cody Kessler.

Doesn't seem like he's carried the Redskins on his back to any great extent.

WSS

i'm definitely in the don't trade for cousins committee. he's a good qb. But he's not a 25m per year kind of guy and that's the starting point PLUS you have to give up very high draft picks to get him. No thanks

Maybe we can work a 3-way with SF for the #2 overall pick

I mean there's a < 1% chance of that happening, but it's a thought

Maybe we can work a 3-way with SF for the #2 overall pick

I mean there's a < 1% chance of that happening, but it's a thought

I thought it was SFO that wants him so badly. Why do the Browns need to get into the mix?

Assume this: SFO trades #2 overall for Cousins. That leave Wash. with the #2 pick. What do they do with it? Take a QB? Which one? If they do, does that leave Colt McCoy as their initial starting QB next year?

well, Jim Donovan channel 3... explained that. Cousins does NOT want to come to the Browns. He only wants to go

to reunite with whatshisname in San Fran. So, he only wanted to be traded to San Fran. That's it. Why would he come

here, for one year, then? He'd have to start all over again, just to leave to go to San Fran. End of story. I suppose

Cousins will be a FA and go to San Fran next season. There could be a trade with san fran, who knows.

Archived