THE BROWNS BOARD

Kyrie Irving thinks the earth is flat.

The Cysko Kid

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have strong faith, you're mind can't be changed. You look for evidence to support your predetermined conclusion.

If you choose the scientific, fact driven route, you welcome any additional data. You draw your conclusions from the evidence provided.

That's a big difference. If everyone thought the first way, we wouldn't get anywhere.

Also, "just because" is a gross oversimplification. But I imagine it makes the creationist viewpoint sound more legitimate...

I don't know what else you want from me. I honestly answered your honestly asked question. Truthfully, I don't completely understand my faith. However what I can say is that it has brought me this far.

I will rephrase one part of my prior response. It's the mystery of life and of faith itself that drives me towards it. I really think I'm on the road to a fulfilling life and I'm happy. Can you get there without faith? You tell me. Point is it's what has worked for me and I don't feel as if I've lost anything by believing. Just as I'm sure you believe that you lose nothing by not believing.

The difference between you and me is I respect your choice to not believe and keep it moving. You on the other hand choose to ridicule and even judge people that do believe. Which ironically is probably something you accuse believers of doing to you. Live Long and Prosper.

I don't know what else you want from me. I honestly answered your honestly asked question. Truthfully, I don't completely understand my faith. However what I can say is that it has brought me this far.

I will rephrase one part of my prior response. It's the mystery of life and of faith itself that drives me towards it. I really think I'm on the road to a fulfilling life and I'm happy. Can you get there without faith? You tell me. Point is it's what has worked for me and I don't feel as if I've lost anything by believing. Just as I'm sure you believe that you lose nothing by not believing.

The difference between you and me is I respect your choice to not believe and keep it moving. You on the other hand choose to ridicule and even judge people that do believe. Which ironically is probably something you accuse believers of doing to you. Live Long and Prosper.

Well said.

I don't accuse anyone of judging me for my beliefs. They're welcome to it.

You're more than welcome to believe how you see fit. But if a conversation like this picks up, those beliefs aren't above critique.

I have no problem with an individual believing what they want to. As soon as those beliefs start directly or indirectly affecting me though, there's a problem.

Yep. Exactly. Marcus and OBF have far more patience than I do.

I don't accuse anyone of judging me for my beliefs. They're welcome to it.

You're more than welcome to believe how you see fit. But if a conversation like this picks up, those beliefs aren't above critique.

I have no problem with an individual believing what they want to. As soon as those beliefs start directly or indirectly affecting me though, there's a problem.

Critique yes, condosend no. You don't really expect me or any other believing poster to believe you weren't try to take a shot at our faith do you? Answering critique of our faith to the best of our ability is one of Christ's main missions for his followers.

We do that through the scriptures and our own life experiences, which if you've been paying attention you have seen in this thread. That's as good as it gets I'm afraid.

One thing I'm sure you can respect is a believer that does so without trying to crash your outlook.

Critique yes, condosend no. You don't really expect me or any other believing poster to believe you weren't try to take a shot at our faith do you? Answering critique of our faith to the best of our ability is one of Christ's main missions for his followers.

We do that through the scriptures and our own life experiences, which if you've been paying attention you have seen in this thread. That's as good as it gets I'm afraid.

One thing I'm sure you can respect is a believer that does so without trying to crash your outlook.

Is it condescending to correct your spelling of condescend? I honestly don't care at all, but that's pretty ironic/funny. Sorry.

Like I said though, you're free to believe what you want. I'm free to say my thoughts on it. If I think it's ridiculous, I'll say so.

Also, I genuinely didn't understand your last line. What did you mean by it?

No it's not to condescending to correct my spelling. I can laugh at that as well especially since I identify myself as an educated man. I meant that you can respect someone of faith that offers a differing opinion. Particularly someone that does so without judging you or being outright disrespectful of your outlook on faith. Lest I've misjudged you.

I respect your right to believe it. I respect your right to not lose rights because of your belief. I respect your right to not be discriminated against for your religious belief.

I still think a lot of what you believe is ridiculous and I'm still going to bring that up when discussions like this happen.

I respect your right to believe it. I respect your right to not lose rights because of your belief. I respect your right to not be discriminated against for your religious belief.

I still think a lot of what you believe is ridiculous and I'm still going to bring that up when discussions like this happen.

Granted. But let me ask you this, why is it not enough to disagree and keep it moving? Why the melodrama about "rediculousness"? Not trolling you just wanting to see where you're coming from.

Granted. But let me ask you this, why is it not enough to disagree and keep it moving? Why the melodrama about "rediculousness"? Not trolling you just wanting to see where you're coming from.

Really it's 90% with OBF, not you. And that's because OBF will make his case. You're basically saying "I believe, and that's good enough for me." Well, more power to you. I won't really attack that. But when someone is responding with ways the Bible predicted the future or how carbon dating can't be trusted, well then I'm responding. I may have started with a shot at OBF, but he shot back. More power to him.

Now I see where you're coming from. No dog in that fight but I identify both stances.

Archived