THE BROWNS BOARD

Kasich To Media: 'Thank God You're There... To Hold People Accountable'

OldBrownsFan

Lost all respect for Kasich in the primary when he doggedly refused to get out of the primary race when he had zero hope of winning. Now he praises the media when for 8 years they by and large gave the Obama administration a pass and now are on a fault finding mission with everything Trump says and does. Kasich, McCain and some other RINO's are why I identify as a conservative and no longer a republican.

The Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) sang the praises of America’s news media landscape in a Sunday interview with CNN’s Jim Sciutto , saying, “I have great respect for the press.”

Invited by Sciutto to join Sen. John McCain’s description of President Donald Trump’s criticisms of news media outlets as dictatorial, Kasich spoke of applause he received from the press:

At no point did Kasich comment on widespread left-wing or partisan Democrat biases across the news media landscape or the impact of such biases in bending American public opinion.

“What I have said to the press in Ohio and around the country and here in Munich is, thank God you're there. You're there that have to -- to hold people accountable.

And without a free press -- well, we're going to have a free press. And while I don't always agree with the reporting of the press, they are vital. They are really such an important part of democracy.

And when I met just recently with press all across the state of Ohio, some that are very critical of me, when I walked into the room, they applauded me. And I got on the stage and I said, I applaud you for following the facts and reporting a story even at times when it is not easy.

I have great respect for the press. I was once in the press. The key, though, is not to be oversensationalizing everything, but get to the facts. Let the investigation of the press go where it wants. Tell the story.

That's a part of America. And it's a part of an institution that works to make sure that things have balance.”

Left-wing and Democrat-aligned news media outlets and their allies have recently described Trump’s criticisms of various news media outlets’ conduct as a broad undermining of the First Amendment, conflating such criticisms with moves to subvert constitutional protections for a free press.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/13625/kasich-media-thank-god-youre-there-hold-people-robert-kraychik

The media can be the watchdog of democracy and that is actually a good purpose but when they cheer lead for a particular party and wikileaks even showed the collusion between a corrupt media working with the Clinton campaign the last thing these clowns need is a pat on the back. They are corrupt and biased and need called out for it. They are no watchdogs but lapdogs for the democratic party.

The media can be the watchdog of democracy and that is actually a good purpose but when they cheer lead for a particular party and wikileaks even showed the collusion between a corrupt media working with the Clinton campaign the last thing these clowns need is a pat on the back. They are corrupt and biased and need called out for it. They are no watchdogs but lapdogs for the democratic party.

Yes they can unless they are the voluntary spokespersons for one party or the other.

In which case they are truly enemies of democracy.

WSS

Yes they can unless they are the voluntary spokespersons for one party or the other.

In which case they are truly enemies of democracy.

WSS

I don't mind at all an adversary press holding politicians and parties accountable. I welcome it. But I cannot stand the biased reporting where for 8 years the press had a slobbering love affair with the Obama administration but now they suddenly find this thing called investigative reporting with Trump and are on a fault finding mission with everything coming out of this adminstration.

Desired Damage Done, AP Buries Its Bogus Trump-National Guard Stories

Friday morning, Garance Burke at the Associated Press's "Investigative" unit broke what the wire service must have believed was an earth-shaking story that "The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants."

30 hours later, you couldn't find that story, or its "Trump administration denies" follow-up, at any of its "Big Story" site's key pages.

At that point, there were (and there still are) no related stories present at the AP's "Big Story" home page, or at its more detailed "Latest News" page, or at its needs-to-be-renamed "2016 Presidential Campaign" page (which is carrying many current stories on Trump administration-related and general political developments). The latter two pages present their stories from the most to least recent, and have items listed as far back as December.

This invisibility tacitly but effectively acknowledges that the AP's supposed Friday blockbuster is not the "Big Story" it wanted everyone to think it was.

The fact is, it never was a "Big Story." Instead, it was and remains an irresponsibly released, agenda-driven story riddled with fake information.

Thus, from all appearances, the decision to tweet statements that Trump himself "considered" using the Guard was deliberate. It conveniently follows the 13th and final of Saul Alinsky's "rules for radicals": “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." The fact is that the draft memo "proves" nothing about Trump's involvement, and the claim that it does is utterly fake.

The AP's failure to include the memo in its original reporting, its false identification of Trump as personally involved and the release of its original report late Friday morning all served a larger purpose, which the Examiner's Adams identified: "Reporters and pundits reacted with the usual mixture of shock, horror, dismay and lots of allusions to the Nazis."

In other words, as was the case with the press's treatment of the previous weekend's immigration raids, the AP abused its prominent position in the breaking-news pecking order to create fact-free, basis-free hysteria. (A former ICE agent in charge of special investigations in Los Angeles described last weekend's raids, which the press treated as extraordinary moves, as "a fairly routine operation, the same kind of operation they did conduct under President Obama throughout his administration.")

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2017/02/19/desired-damage-done-ap-buries-its-trump-national-guard-stories

Here's an example of yellow journalism from Sundays Morning Show.

The guy who is sitting in whore Stephanopoulos with grilling Corey Lewandowski asking him if he could guarantee that no member of the Trap Team and ever spoken with the Russians. Kept hammering away that question.

So how could anyone possibly answer that question honestly? I would have said I don't know every movement of every member of the entire team. I couldn't guarantee you that Hillary Clinton herself didn't speak with the Russians and arrange all of this as an excuse. Could you?

That's why the Press sucks. It didn't care about that. They just wanted to be able to come back and say you lied to us.

I couldn't honestly answer if Osiris or Cal or Clevfan4life had ever spoken to the Russians.

WSS

There are no Tim Russerts anymore and that is a shame. Tim was a liberal democrat who played things straight and down the middle. He was pretty equal and objective in how he covered the stories. His philosophy was when he had a liberal on the show ask the questions conservatives were asking and when he had a conservative on the show ask them questions liberals were asking. That is being fair and balanced and not seen much today.

intesting... apparently mccain and Kasich have gotten...george soros money...

Records: Soros Fund Execs Funded Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Jeb ...
www.breitbart.com/.../records-soros-fund-execs-funded-paul-ryan-marco-rubio-jeb-b...
Feb 6, 2017 - Records: Soros Fund Execs Funded Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John McCain, JohnKasich, Lindsey Graham in 2016. ... Bishop argues that since Soros himself didn't give Graham moneythat this is not controversial.
REPORT: Soros Money Funding John Kasich's Presidential Bid ...
www.breitbart.com/big.../report-soros-money-funding-john-kasichs-presidential-bid/
Mar 14, 2016 - Soros money is frequently tied to groups with innocuous sounding names that promote radical agendas– such as the Evangelical Immigration ...

intesting... apparently mccain and Kasich have gotten...george soros money...

Records: Soros Fund Execs Funded Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Jeb ...
www.breitbart.com/.../records-soros-fund-execs-funded-paul-ryan-marco-rubio-jeb-b...
Feb 6, 2017 - Records: Soros Fund Execs Funded Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John McCain, JohnKasich, Lindsey Graham in 2016. ... Bishop argues that since Soros himself didn't give Graham moneythat this is not controversial.
REPORT: Soros Money Funding John Kasich's Presidential Bid ...
www.breitbart.com/big.../report-soros-money-funding-john-kasichs-presidential-bid/
Mar 14, 2016 - Soros money is frequently tied to groups with innocuous sounding names that promote radical agendas– such as the Evangelical Immigration ...

There you go...always follow the money trail.

...unless it leads back to big oil or big pharma.

For me Chris I just want the truth no matter where it leads. Just tell the truth is all I ask and be fair about it. That should not be too high of a bar for journalists. My problem with Kasich here is there is a well documented media bias and they deserve no kudos but condemnation for it.

Trump is a chameleon. He doesn't have values, he has interests. He's interested in aggrandizing himself and realized he could best achieve that by aligning himself with the Republican party.

Trump’s affiliations have gone back and forth since then. Here’s a quick look:

Month and year of registration

Party affiliation

July 1987

Republican

October 1999

Independence Party

August 2001

Democrat

September 2009

Republican

December 2011

No party affiliation (independent)

April 2012

Republican

Source: http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/aug/24/jeb-bush/bush-says-trump-was-democrat-longer-republican-las/

Archived