THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Draft history Trivia Round Two

The Gipper

Here is more Trivia on the Browns drafting history.:

1. Since the common draft began in 1966, and per the PFR Career Production average, who is the best player the Browns have ever selected in the 7th round?

2. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 6th round?

3. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 5th round?

4. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 4th round?

5. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 3rd round?

6. Same criteria as above...who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 2d round?

7. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 1st round?

8. Same criteria as above...who is the best player the Browns have selected in rounds 8,9,10

(rounds no longer exist)?

9. Same criteria as above...who is the best player the Browns drafted in the 11th round or higher?

10. Since 1990....from what college have the Browns drafted the most players?

11. Since 1966, the Browns have drafted 4 players from small Ohio colleges (non D-1 or FBS). Name any of these schools.

12. Since 1966, who has been the most productive player...per the PFR CA, that has been drafted by the Browns from Ohio State?

13. Since 1966, who has been the most productive player, per the PFR career production avg. drafted by the Browns from any Ohio school? Hint: it is not an Ohio St. player

Jeez... looks like the PhD level stuff...

1. thru 6. Rounds 7 to 2...

Same guess for all these... Schafrath, who I think is behind only Clay and JB. Just not sure which round he was in, but should get one right.

7. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 1st round?
Clay... pretty sure he's our top AV player period.

8. Same criteria as above...who is the best player the Browns have selected in rounds 8,9,10
I got nuttin'...

9. Same criteria as above...who is the best player the Browns drafted in the 11th round or higher?
"or higher" would be Clay, but I have a feeling "or lower" was intended... :P

And in that case I'm pretty sure it has to be Sipe.

USC?

11. Since 1966, the Browns have drafted 4 players from small Ohio colleges (non D-1 or FBS). Name any of these schools.
Kent St (Cribbs) and U Akron (Frye) plus two WAGs: Hiram and Bowling Green SU

12. Since 1966, who has been the most productive player...per the PFR CA, that has been drafted by the Browns from Ohio State?
Warfield since '66 excludes Paul... no idea...

13. Since 1966, who has been the most productive player, per the PFR career production avg. drafted by the Browns from any Ohio school? Hint: it is not an Ohio St. player
Cribbs?

Jeez... looks like the PhD level stuff...

Yea, a bit harder.

1. thru 6. Rounds 7 to 2...

Same guess for all these... Schafrath, who I think is behind only Clay and JB. Just not sure which round he was in, but should get one right.

OK, note: the criteria was only for draft picks since the common draft that began in 1966. JB/Shafrath were before that point

Clay... pretty sure he's our top AV player period. Since 1966 he is. Not sure about prior to that. JB would be but for a relatively short career.

I got nuttin'...

"or higher" would be Clay, but I have a feeling "or lower" was intended... :P

And in that case I'm pretty sure it has to be Sipe.

Check on Sipe

USC? NO

Kent St (Cribbs) and U Akron (Frye) plus two WAGs: Hiram and Bowling Green SU

Akron, Kent St. and BG are D1 schools. Hiram would fit but it is not right. (and Cribbs was UDFA)

Warfield since '66 excludes Paul... no idea...

Warfield drafted in 1964...pre common draft

Cribbs?

Cribbs not drafted....otherwise you could be right.

Here is more Trivia on the Browns drafting history.:

I admit that I think this one was particularly hard, so I will give the answers now. Again, remember most question dealt with draftees just since 1966:

1. Since the common draft began in 1966, and per the PFR Career Production average, who is the best player the Browns have ever selected in the 7th round?

Cody Risien OT out of Texas A&M. 1979 And who said the Aggies never sent the Browns a good player.

2. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 6th round?

Doug Dieken OT out of Illinois. 1971

3. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 5th round?

Mike Baab OC out of Texas 1982

4. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 4th round?

Anthony Henry DB 2001

5. Same criteria as above....who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 3rd round?

Anthony Pleasant DE 1990

6. Same criteria as above...who is the best player the Browns have selected in the 2d round?

Michael Dean Perry DT out of Clemson 1988 (next would be Greg Pruitt)

Clay Matthews LB out of USC. 1978

Ernest Byner RB out of East Carolina 1984

Brian Sipe QB out of San Diego St. 1972

Miami, Fla.

Defiance: Ben Davis 1967 a damned good DB

Heidelberg: Bob Hunt 1976

John Carroll: Tim Barnett 1975

Youngstown St. Bill House 1967

(this was all back when the draft had many more rounds, guys like these would likely not be drafted today..though Ben Davis might)

Freaking Tom Skladany.....a punter. A fucking punter. Next would be Brian Robiskie...and we know how shite he was.

Why the Browns are so afraid of drafting the good players that come out of OSU is beyond me.

It is Charlie Frye. Shows how bad things have been.

Archived