THE BROWNS BOARD

K'waun to 49ers

The Gipper

O'Neil was let go when Chip was.

Young Shanny tabbed former JAX LB Coach, Robert Saleh, to be his DC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692874-robert-saleh-reportedly-to-be-named-49ers-dc-contract-details-and-reaction

First time GM, first time HC, first time DC are now in place raising some eyebrows...

Well, interesting question: Who owns the 49ers. Jed York is their CEO...and is apparently partial owner...but, he is by no means the owner.

His parents Denise DeBartolo York and John York are presumed to be the owners...BUT.....what I have read simply said that Denise took "control" of the team after Eddie DeBartolo had his troubles with the whole Louisiana Governor thing for which he was suspended from the NFL.

But...it may still be possible that Eddie is at least a still a major shareholder, if not a controlling shareholder.

I guess we could ask this question also: if you are elected to the Hall of Fame....which Eddie D was in 2016...does that mean his suspension is over? And does it mean that he has been willing to just defer to his sister and nephew in the operation of the 49ers?

Does he not have kids of his own who may want to be involved?

In checking I see that Eddie D has 3 daughters. They may want nothing to do with a football team. One of them wrote and directed a movie called Dream for the Insomniac that starred Jennifer Anniston and Christopher Lloyd. It was not too successful and it looks like she gave up the movie business to write and to own an "indie" record company.

I don't see anything about his other daughters.

O'Neil was let go when Chip was.

Young Shanny tabbed former JAX LB Coach, Robert Saleh, to be his DC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692874-robert-saleh-reportedly-to-be-named-49ers-dc-contract-details-and-reaction

First time GM, first time HC, first time DC are now in place raising some eyebrows...

We used to have a gritty special teams player named Tarek Saleh back in the expansion days.

Don't see that they are related. I liked that guy.

Zombo

Archived