THE BROWNS BOARD

"It's a shock to everybody on this team"

Lumbergh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least he didn't say, "I've never been on a team that benched a Pro-Bowl Quarterback."

He had some choice stuff earlier too. He's not going to insult Browns fans on this board like an idiot for his own agenda.

Okay Lums, now you're just trolling, clean it up and stop acting like a complete ass or your posts will continue to disappear. Play your games, but enough of the "Browns fans root to lose and the QB to fail" bullshit.

Your act is beyond old and tired, you have become stupid Pitt fan.

I've DEBATED putting him & the other DA (only) supporters on the IGNORE/FOE list like the other Trolls that wish the Browns to FAIL!

Fraley is confident Quinn will be ready to step into the spotlight.

"He's young, so you don't know what to expect but he has worked hard and he'll be ready," Fraley said. "Derek and the other quarterbacks are always together, 24-7. Brady is always prepared because as a backup you are always one play away. He's been doing it the whole season.

"I know Brady has been waiting for his turn and I'm not sure this is the way he envisioned getting it. We're going to play hard for whoever is back there, and now it's Brady."

Now this is what is called the "standard answer"

You homos who've tried to say that Fraley's statement "it's a shock" is a standard answer are lost in a Naked Brady Quinn dream like Mike Golic......You can be my hero baby to the tune of Enrique Iglesias

'You homos'???? Are you twelve sir?

I never post in these Lumbergh threads. I 've never understood how he gained such a foothold here. He plays the same note over and over and it's boring. I can see where it might have been entertaining at first but now it's like hitting the badminton birdie back over the net for the 77,000th time.

Doug

I never post in these Lumbergh threads. I 've never understood how he gained such a foothold here. He plays the same note over and over and it's boring. I can see where it might have been entertaining at first but now it's like hitting the badminton birdie back over the net for the 77,000th time.

Doug

Once again I could not agree with you more

Leaving to pick up the folks to vote....hope I do not have to wait 4000 hours

its no shock to me lummy dummy///we all saw it comming///except maybe you....

...and the rest of the team. Did you read the quote?

Hank is a TEAM player, what did you expect him to say?

"Well it was no suprise he couldn't avoid rushers with that Lumms guy hanging in between his legs. We all say how bad Dumb Ass was doing and couldn't wait for the change."

• 11 months later...

I hope you all enjoyed this trip down memory lane ..... this thread is going to be closed because we don't expect anyone to come back and say, "Gee, I guess I could have handled myself a bit better", naaa, we just expect the same smart-ass remarks.

I just hope you all took a real good look at this thread though. How a group of people, chimmed in with a couple of Steeler fans, can gang-bang one guy (maybe two ... even a 3rd) all because of a quote supporting a Browns QB

You should be ashamed, and Mod's I hope you start gaining the balls to bounce some of these guys out of here that have been here for several years now and contributed heavily in souring this thread, 100's of threads like it, and this once proud forum.

EDIT: Keep in mind that once this thread was brought to light that some members deleted their comments from the thread, perhaps out of embarrassment.

TAKEN FROM THIS THREAD: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=460

I hope you all enjoyed this trip down memory lane ..... this thread is going to be closed because we don't expect anyone to come back and say, "Gee, I guess I could have handled myself a bit better", naaa, we just expect the same smart-ass remarks.

I just hope you all took a real good look at this thread though. How a group of people, chimmed in with a couple of Steeler fans, can gang-bang one guy (maybe two ... even a 3rd) all because of a quote supporting a Browns QB

You should be ashamed, and Mod's I hope you start gaining the balls to bounce some of these guys out of here that have been here for several years now and contributed heavily in souring this thread, 100's of threads like it, and this once proud forum.

EDIT: Keep in mind that once this thread was brought to light that some members deleted their comments from the thread, perhaps out of embarrassment.

Admin, or Stan or whomever: I take issue with the ressurected thread and it's purpose. If you need me to clean up the title of this thread from being a bit smart-assy, I can do so - just let me know.

My objection with the ressurected thread is as follows:

I do believe that this is as far back as you archive posts, so I wont stir up some conspiracy type BS regarding that. But this thread, for your reprimanding purposes, is taken way out of context. Lumberg dug his own grave way before the date of this post. And was doing so on a consistent basis with the off-color comments regarding a member of the Browns sexuality, and implicating that of a large portion of the teams fanbase. This post was in response to the switch at QB made last season under Crennel's watch. Yes, I admit (even though I took no part in it) that Lum's OP was on-topic, and legitimate, but there was about 18 months of steam that was released when the switch happened. Lum happened to be the guy cranking the valve tighter & tighter, and when the gasket blew, he was right in the way and got popped in the mouth. Put in that perspective/context - I think the new antagonists of the thread (as the tables had turned) were rather tame.

Again, I'm not denying that there havent been worse displays of sportsmanship when it comes to dealing with Lumberg, but you cant pull one of his very few legitimate posts and use it as the defining example of his behavior on this forum. That's a cheap way out. However, I think the point of your thread should be taken to heart, but I think you can understand that some people felt Lumberg had it coming. This season didn't help matters when you & Z jumped in on the fun.

Those are my pennies.

I must second Legacy fans notion.

Lums was dissing people waaay before that post, since waay before that everyone was a BQ fag and a card carrrying member of BQ nation! He deserved whatever shit he got, plus, he isnt really a browns fan, he is a derek anderson fan. For all we know the guy owns a seahawks jersey!

Just as the board was getting back to normal

I'm just glad I had the judgement back then to not participate in the ressurected thread at the time.

Its really spot on as I have no idea why people reacted so negatively to Lum at that time.

Same here, I remember reading that thread and saying to myself it wasn't worth the time

But this thread, for your reprimanding purposes, is taken way out of context. Lumberg dug his own grave way before the date of this post. And was doing so on a consistent basis with the off-color comments regarding a member of the Browns sexuality, and implicating that of a large portion of the teams fanbase.

THANK YOU, buddy.

First we start the thread saying we'll clean up, then you decide to get a 'one last shot in' to stir the pot AGAIN.

Things have calmed down and mostly everyone is being civil with some decent discussions.

Then this thread just happens to be 'dug up' and conveniently locked after 'admin' (Stan I assume) does the final word thing. Why not dig up the other 800 threads that have gone to shit because Lumbergh showed up in them and started being a dickhead.

We should be ashamed? Boo xxxxing hoo.

Maybe the shame should be on whomever decided to let Lumbergh carry on as long as he did and turn everything into a zoo. Anyone with any sort of objective eye could see what Lumbergh was doing, and the QB contention and hatred of Lum had been going on since way before that because he had been posting the same shit he always has 'brady fags', etc, etc, etc. It's not like he started out decent; he's always been an asshole.

Guest Masters

Sweet Jesus. I just saw that thread being dug up. WTF?!!?!?!?!?!?

Everyone in this thread has it dead right.

Not to mention that's a thread from the middle of the 2008 season, w/ Lum already ragging on Quinn, having previously shown he's a tool, and not supporting the QB change (you know, the matra of we are Browns fans, we should support the QB). Not to mention our own board owner being a chode in that thread. Yeah, great example of why people should feel bad about Lums :rolleyes: That's a prime example of board members rallying against a troll, a troll supported by management.

Straight up more childish behavior to even drag that thing up. And dumb ass thought process to use it as an example of anything.

I went to Oregon State and fully back DA. I can even say that not everything Lum says is wrong. It is the way he says it. I like reading about the QB situation, i enjoy reading both sides as they both actually have valid points. But I have to say even I would stop reading threads as soon as it became all about Lumbergh.

He has every right to his views and has the right to defend them. But he uses the term BQ fag way way too much and it is even grating on a DA supporter. I really think that it starts with Lumbergh on cleaning things up. Ask him to not call people names and when DA has a bad game just admit it and move on.

There is no defending 2 - 17, there just isn't. But you don't have too, the Browns won. SAy yea he played a bad game and yea the receivers did not help but 2 -17 is bad. He is still young and lets hope he does not repeat the performance against Pittsburgh.

Hell I said DA played bad, and I am not a BQ fag. Lumbergh needs to stop trying to provoke people and the truth is people need to stop addressing him. He can make good comments and he needs to be encouraged to write like that. I think it is a shame if the board losses it's long time posters because they are mad about somebody like Lumbergh.

I appreciate the stats that Flugs posted, even if I don't agree. But it gives me a base to argue with. Same with Shep, do I agree with him? Not really, but he gives you a basis to start a good conversation. That is what a good board needs, level headed people that have differing opinions. All the BQ fag calling translated into DA fag calling which just turned into name calling.

Just everybody knock it off and continue with the good discussions that have been happening lately. And Lum you are not alone now so you do not have to be such a jerk, you have other people in your corner. Just go back to the good posts that you are capable of.

Guest Masters
cmac12 - this thread isn't about DA or Quinn, please don't make it about either of them.

Legacy nails it in his first post.

I think Cmac was on point. Lum and DA go hand in had, and Cmac was alluding to that.

Heck, if Lum even post regularly about anything other than DA and Quinn, people would probably be even less hard on him.

This forum has always beem a pretty cool sounding board that would rally together against a-holes and imposters.

This latest trend of 'cleaning' things up is an oddity to the everyday coming and goings, at least since i've been here.

Lumberg has always been fair game to tee off on since his purpose on this board has never been for the good of the Browns, just DA.

The fact that he was able to garner a few upper level allies in his fandom of DA has been disconcerning to many.

The facts are pretty straight up on DA. So are his stats.

What did everybody bitch about before DA/BQ?

A QB?

Thanks to Cmac as well.

I also came to find a middle ground to discuss with ONB and D&S.

But Lum at his worst wasn't simply tolerated, starting a few months back Stan actually starting supporting it.

Stan simply has sand in his you-know-what. He wanted a tough guy forum and reveled in watching Lum drum up the natives. Kitchen heat turns his way and blam..... I'm taking my ball and going home.

Wow.

Guest Masters
Thanks to Cmac as well.

I also came to find a middle ground to discuss with ONB and D&S.

But Lum at his worst wasn't simply tolerated, starting a few months back Stan actually starting supporting it.

Stan simply has sand in his you-know-what. He wanted a tough guy forum and reveled in watching Lum drum up the natives. Kitchen heat turns his way and blam..... I'm taking my ball and going home.

Wow.

Well said. Especially the take my ball and go home line. I view it the exact same way.

I know it is not about DA or BQ. Sorry about that. I was really just saying that everything seemed to start with the BQ fag calling and the reality of it is too many people responded to it by DA fag calling and they that became just Name calling.

I have seen posts where lum has made good points without name calling, and those are the posts that he needs to make. And if somebody does name call we all just have to not respond to it.

I remember allot of posts that were going really well until they were hijacked by name calling. That is all I am really saying and I do agree with what Legacy said. That you can not use one of Lums good posts as a true representation of what he brings, but you could use it as an example of what he could bring to the board.

Again sorry about what I said, I was just thinking of where I started seeing all the name calling start. And I do remember Lum making some good posts but then he follows it up with 10 bad posts. He needs to stop the name calling and so does everybody else.

Archived