THE BROWNS BOARD

"It's a shock to everybody on this team"

Lumbergh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the love of God will someone please explain this to me?

they removes it because it was to easy to hit thanks to a post you didn't agree with rather than posting a reply. the only replies that were being posted were negative and they felt the board was way too negative for this treason.

Guest Masters
Turn out Lums was right, and his detractors, myself included, were wrong.

Going back and reading I can see the Administrator's point. Quite clearly, in fact.

I would like to offer an apology to Lumbergh.

It would only be a good point if that was even one of Lums first few posts and before he was ever a chode to people on this board. Neither is the case. It was an epic fail by Admin.

Again sorry about what I said, I was just thinking of where I started seeing all the name calling start. And I do remember Lum making some good posts but then he follows it up with 10 bad posts. He needs to stop the name calling and so does everybody else.

Don't be man - it's all good. I was just afraid this would devolve into another DA/BQ thread.

Pumpkin Eater, you should read the responses in this thread; that post is not representative of what Lumbergh regularly brought. That was one of the very few good ones.

For whatever reason, 'admin' has decided to turn this around and try to make the rest of us the bad guys when we simply reacted in kind. Lumbergh isn't the 'victim' here.

It's like the kid on the playground that people tolerate. However the kid wants attention so he calls names and makes a scenese, causing everyone to dislike him in the process.

Then the teachers come and whine about how we are mean.

It would only be a good point if that was even one of Lums first few posts and before he was ever a chode to people on this board. Neither is the case. It was an epic fail by Admin.

But what point is there to drag negativity from one thread to another? Lums post was perfectly reasonable in that particular thread.

Don't be man - it's all good. I was just afraid this would devolve into another DA/BQ thread.

Pumpkin Eater, you should read the responses in this thread; that post is not representative of what Lumbergh regularly brought. That was one of the very few good ones.

For whatever reason, 'admin' has decided to turn this around and try to make the rest of us the bad guys when we simply reacted in kind. Lumbergh isn't the 'victim' here.

It's like the kid on the playground that people tolerate. However the kid wants attention so he calls names and makes a scenese, causing everyone to dislike him in the process.

Then the teachers come and whine about how we are mean.

But as I said, why carry around hatred for a screen name on a message board? The original post was fine, but people attacked him anyway. I can see why he would be attacked if he had called everyone a BQ Fag along with the rest of his original post. But he didn't.

Guest Masters
But what point is there to drag negativity from one thread to another? Lums post was perfectly reasonable in that particular thread.

You'd have to read all of the posts going on at that time. That is a post in a vacuum (notice Lum even had a post in that thread deleted by a mod, then went at the mod in that same thread).

Lum wasn't trying to be reasonable even w/ that one, he was trying to get the reaction he got. When one constantly instigates, the masses aren't going to suddenly go "he's a troll and tool 90% of the time, but since he wasn't in his OP, we'll forget everything". Life and the world does not work that way.

Guest Masters
But as I said, why carry around hatred for a screen name on a message board? The original post was fine, but people attacked him anyway. I can see why he would be attacked if he had called everyone a BQ Fag along with the rest of his original post. But he didn't.

But he did in his other gagillion posts prior to that one example.

Guest Masters

When Browns fans will stand side by side with Steelers fans against a board member, that says more about the guy they are standing against than it does anything else.

When Browns fans will stand side by side with Steelers fans against a board member, that says more about the guy they are standing against than it does anything else.

And yet I see people having civil conversations with an ahole like Chicken SChoke, despite his record of anti-browns and anti-browns fan posting.

And yet I see people having civil conversations with an ahole like Chicken SChoke, despite his record of anti-browns and anti-browns fan posting.

SChuck makes no bones about what he is.

I cannot say the same for everyone.

That's the difference.

That was a random post that I pulled up. It was so accurate to how things get out of hand that I felt it was too perfect of a thread to use as an example, so I searched for others. Problem is, is that Lums don't start many posts. He ain't on here like the trolls you all compare him to, drawing attention to himself, drawing attention to his threads, he's on here drawing attention to Derek Anderson, our starting QB and a Qb that is something like 14-15 since he's been here.

You want another example?

Here's one, right here. Start from the beginning of this thread and note how ugly it turns. I think someone actually said something about me, the Admin of this site, sucking on his nob. Are you Fucking kidding me?

What is my stance on Derek Anderson? Brady Quinn? Does that even matter anymore? Should it even matter?

I suggest a few of you come off your high horse and start working toward a solution here because it is obviously long over-do with banning someone from this site.

A Moderator tells you to 'Man-up', tighten your chin strap and hit someone because it's Football season and it's a tough sports, so that gives you the license to tell him to suck your dick? Call him a Cock? It's one thing to tell someone their view of the game is pussified, to stop being a homo over some issue about the teams colors or adding a logo to a classic plain helmet ... it's an entirely another thing to post, "_____ likes Cock" with nothing else of substance in the post.

If you don't understand the above, then leave now because you are going to have a hell of a time attempting to sign in here.

We are not looking for how many members we can fit in here. We are NOT looking for 'hit counts' (for Crying out loud, is this the 90's??). We are Looking for quality posters, who bring some football intelligence to the table. If you have a great sense of humor along with that, you are our type of member.

Above is a line drawn (in the sand), from here on out I am going to be in the shadows. I ain't going to post here anymore. I'm going to be in the shadows reading and watching and looking to get rid of a lot of members here. You may not like that threat, if so, please leave now - Thank-you for trying.

ATENEARS is gone, he may have started the 'homo' thing ten years ago when things were a little less tense and people could take a good ribbing, but for it he is exiled from this forum. He is the first to be made an example of ... who's next?

You can follow this post up with another smart-ass remark, or you can move on and start discussing football like you all say you want to (but have yet to prove it).

Let us worry about the next guy, no matter who it is.

Enjoy yourself ... and GO BROWNS!

Guest Masters
That was a random post that I pulled up. It was so accurate to how things get out of hand that I felt it was too perfect of a thread to use as an example, so I searched for others. Problem is, is that Lums don't start many posts. He ain't on here like the trolls you all compare him to, drawing attention to himself, drawing attention to his threads, he's on here drawing attention to Derek Anderson, our starting QB and a Qb that is something like 14-15 since he's been here.

Here's one, right here. Start from the beginning of this thread and note how ugly it turns. I think someone actually said something about me, the Admin of this site, sucking on his nob. Are you xxxxing kidding me?

What is my stance on Derek Anderson? Brady Quinn? Does that even matter anymore? Should it even matter?

I suggest a few of you come off your high horse and start working toward a solution here because it is obviously long over-do with banning someone from this site.

A Moderator tells you to 'Man-up', tighten your chin strap and hit someone because it's Football season and it's a tough sports, so that gives you the license to tell him to suck your dick? Call him a Cock? It's one thing to tell someone their view of the game is pussified, to stop being a homo over some issue about the teams colors or adding a logo to a classic plain helmet ... it's an entirely another thing to post, "_____ likes Cock" with nothing else of substance in the post.

If you don't understand the above, then leave now because you are going to have a hell of a time attempting to sign in here.

We are not looking for how many members we can fit in here. We are NOT looking for 'hit counts' (for Crying out loud, is this the 90's??). We are Looking for quality posters, who bring some football intelligence to the table. If you have a great sense of humor along with that, you are our type of member.

Above is a line drawn (in the sand), from here on out I am going to be in the shadows. I ain't going to post here anymore. I'm going to be in the shadows reading and watching and looking to get rid of a lot of members here. You may not like that threat, if so, please leave now - Thank-you for trying.

ATENEARS is gone, he may have started the 'homo' thing ten years ago when things were a little less tense and people could take a good ribbing, but for it he is exiled from this forum. He is the first to be made an example of ... who's next?

You can follow this post up with another smart-ass remark, or you can move on and start discussing football like you all say you want to (but have yet to prove it).

*yawn*

ADMIN REPLY: I thought it was pretty clear, that enough was enough. Good Luck

Here's one, right here. Start from the beginning of this thread and note how ugly it turns. I think someone actually said something about me, the Admin of this site, sucking on his nob. Are you xxxxing kidding me?

B Lowe thanks admin for this helpful post.

Hey, did you guys know it is STEELERS WEEK?? Enough name calling lets kick some ass this Sunday! My friend who is a Pittsburgh fan wouldn't bet on the game this week...wonder why? because he is a PUSSY just like the rest of the Steeler nation! (honestly, what kind of sissy girl doesn't bet on the Steelers over the Browns lately???)

THe intent of my OP wasn't to incite anything except discussion. It wasn't my intent for it to get to the point of personal attacks (again). As I stated, the thread you chose -in a vacuum- supports your point very well. I was just pointing out that the specific post represented about 10% of Lumbergs posts. I cant help but disagree that he is the victim on this board. The thread, yes, but the board - not so much. That doesn't take away anything from the suggestion in your post of maybe laying off the Lumberg bashing. And again, I think your suggestion may not have even been necessary had you (& Z & whomever else) not thrown gas on the already roaring fire. But yeah, just wanted to get your thoughts on kind of "why now?" and if you truly believe Lumberg didnt deserve some of what he got. Your reply (and the pointing out of how this thread got ugly quickly) kind of answered at least the 1st part.

Look Stan, we've chatted on the phone & I think you're a good dude. You seem like you'd be a lot of fun to grab a beer with and tailgate with. I've got enough respect for you mess with you a little bit, which is why I was a smart ass in the title. I sincerely believe you genuinely want us to enjoy ourselves on the board & talk about the Browns. The fact that we are the best fans in the game coupled with that specific desire on your part, makes this the best fan board on the intertubes. Well that, and guys like Jason J & Aloysius, and ___ & ____ etc., post here doesn't hurt. (there are tons of extremely solid posters on this board that make it the best, but I "called out" those two because they could legitimately be a top 5 Coach/GM -respectively- in this league. Seriously.)

So, "thanks" to those who understood the intent of the OP.

Thanks

Well after Zombo posted the thread saying you had deleted yourself we all kinda came together and the threads improved immediately. Then you decided to kick some sand up again. I honestly don't understand the motivation behind that. You want all of us to move on and talk football then you go and do that.

Like Leg said, that's one thread in a vaccum and I'm sure you had to search high and low to find a thread that painted Lumbergh in an innocent light. Jesus Christ just yesterday he was screaming in all CAPS at everybody calling everybody on this forum fags and homos for BQ. So let's cut the crap. Are you really suggesting that Lumbergh is a great poster, and it just so happens that the other 100 guys who post here are the ones with the problem?

Listen, Lumbergh is not without his good qualities (yes you just heard me say that) in fact he made a post after Zombo's post yesterday (another coincidence that when shit hits the fan he suddenly cools his jets) where he said that we wouldn't be picking in the top 5 or something to that effect. The jist of it was it was a pro browns post that wasn't DA centered or BQ fag attack. So I responded with something in kind.

The problem has been is that the moderation has never been even. You chastise the posters here for the same exact behavior that Lumbergh displays on almost a daily basis. The only mod that even attempted to reign him in was WPB, and coincidentally he spoke up yesterday about the discrepancies in the moderation.

I think part of the problem is that you want the entire board to fall into your line of thinking in regards to Lumbergh, and that's simply not going to happen. So now you are threatening to ban anybody that steps out of line slightly. How do you think that's gonna improve the post quality? Walking on egg shells in fear of a vengeful admin is NOT conducive to healthy and robust discussion.

In our PM you said you were leaving and going to post on other boards, and I think that's a wonderful idea. Not that I'm eager to just get rid of you, however I think time will go a long way to salve the negative feelings and negative perception people have of you right now. I know you disagree with me on this point, but you and Z were having a big laugh riling everybody up about Lumbergh. I mean, you know that 99% of the guys here absolutely loathe Lumbergh, and then you go and start threads saying "Everybody should thank LUmbergh" and "Lumbergh was right all along". What reaction did you think you were going to get with these stan? It just boggles my mind how you could think you would remain immune to the disdain we have for LUmbergh when you did everything in your power to align yourself with him. Sorry stan, I must be one dumb sonofabitch cause I just don't get it.

So that's my peace about the whole situation. It just really sucks cause even though we stink this year it's still steelers week and all this drama bullshit has overshadowed it.

Can we just go back to talking football now?

I have enjoyed your posts and many of the other "football minds", that post here. It's a d...n shame. Anyway I have to say to you and all the other Level minded posters, 'THANKS'

Legacy,

My original archived post that I pulled up wasn't a tell-all, or intended to prove that this is how it all started. I just hoped that that many would realize #1.) it has gone on too long and #2.) Everyone is guilty.

Reading over Zombo's thread that was pinned at the top of the page, I thought everyone was ready to bury the hatchet, then quickly realize that even that thread started to have internal fighting. Then the archive post was pulled up, and even ended by saying that we expected smart-ass replies, but hoped it would be taken to heart ... again, your opportunity to air things out turned ugly. I layed down my last resort, drawing a line in the sand to advise everyone that this was it, this was Purgatory ... it was followed by three members (actually five, but I gave two the benefit of the doubt that they hadn't read my post yet), who called me out AGAIN. Those members were suspended. I'm told one was our most popular, or post leader, and that's too bad, as everyone is accountable.

Listen, you guys don't know exactly who I am, and I aint playing games here. I don't post here about football, I over-see this entire site from the expenses, to the revenue from the on-line store, advertising, and sponsorships. Don't call me out, I'm not here to play games, I'm here to fix this site. The way I feel is that ATENEARS has been ax'ed and he was a founding member here who came before me. I feel that if we can remove the founding father, we will remove anyone.

This ain't a game, we want everyone to get back to what you searched for or were recommended this site for and that is Cleveland Browns Football.

We don't want to hear any parting shots, jokes about the moderation, and to gage how far each of you will come to crossing the line. Relax, talk football for the time being and everything will be fine. Take shot at myself, this stance, the moderation, the Mods or anyone else will not be tolerated until we are comfortable that things are 'FIXED' around here.

I have no sense of humor, so don't even try me.

Legacy, Thanks again for your attempt. we are not concerned what has happened prior to hitting the send button on these final two posts on the subject, we are only concerned about what follows after.

Thanks,

Administrator

Well after Zombo posted the thread saying you had deleted yourself we all kinda came together and the threads improved immediately. Then you decided to kick some sand up again. I honestly don't understand the motivation behind that. You want all of us to move on and talk football then you go and do that.

Like Leg said, that's one thread in a vaccum and I'm sure you had to search high and low to find a thread that painted Lumbergh in an innocent light. Jesus Christ just yesterday he was screaming in all CAPS at everybody calling everybody on this forum fags and homos for BQ. So let's cut the crap. Are you really suggesting that Lumbergh is a great poster, and it just so happens that the other 100 guys who post here are the ones with the problem?

Listen, Lumbergh is not without his good qualities (yes you just heard me say that) in fact he made a post after Zombo's post yesterday (another coincidence that when shit hits the fan he suddenly cools his jets) where he said that we wouldn't be picking in the top 5 or something to that effect. The jist of it was it was a pro browns post that wasn't DA centered or BQ fag attack. So I responded with something in kind.

The problem has been is that the moderation has never been even. You chastise the posters here for the same exact behavior that Lumbergh displays on almost a daily basis. The only mod that even attempted to reign him in was WPB, and coincidentally he spoke up yesterday about the discrepancies in the moderation.

I think part of the problem is that you want the entire board to fall into your line of thinking in regards to Lumbergh, and that's simply not going to happen. So now you are threatening to ban anybody that steps out of line slightly. How do you think that's gonna improve the post quality? Walking on egg shells in fear of a vengeful admin is NOT conducive to healthy and robust discussion.

In our PM you said you were leaving and going to post on other boards, and I think that's a wonderful idea. Not that I'm eager to just get rid of you, however I think time will go a long way to salve the negative feelings and negative perception people have of you right now. I know you disagree with me on this point, but you and Z were having a big laugh riling everybody up about Lumbergh. I mean, you know that 99% of the guys here absolutely loathe Lumbergh, and then you go and start threads saying "Everybody should thank LUmbergh" and "Lumbergh was right all along". What reaction did you think you were going to get with these stan? It just boggles my mind how you could think you would remain immune to the disdain we have for LUmbergh when you did everything in your power to align yourself with him. Sorry stan, I must be one dumb sonofabitch cause I just don't get it.

So that's my peace about the whole situation. It just really sucks cause even though we stink this year it's still steelers week and all this drama bullshit has overshadowed it.

Can we just go back to talking football now?

Inspecta,

We are trying to move on. from the pinned thread from Zombo, you came back time and time again and I viewed it as you were attempting to lead. from the archived post, you also came back to that old post more than anyone else, and were leading in a negative light. You seem like one that needs to be front and center. We welcome you leading all into "talking football" such as you suggested in your closing remarks.

Thank you,

Administrator

Well as you all know, Im pretty new here. I just have one question to help clear some things up(hopefully).

I am EXTREMELY confused.

I was under the impression that this "Admin" is "Stan", right?

And "Stan" is "ATENEARS", right?

"Stan" is also "Lumbergh"?

It seems to me the guy that owns the public forum only wants to hear what he wants to hear. He also trys to piss people off just to get the board moving, and make it interesting.

TIA.

Planet Orange, let me help.

Stan is Atenears. i'm pretty sure (but not certain) that Admin is not Stan or Atenears. i'm certain that Admin is not Lumbergh. Atenears might be Lumbergh.

Archived