THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Trade UP

The Gipper

Jets & GM Mike Maccagnan are surly going blow it up mode in NY. per a NFL.com article, Maccagnan is willing to move out of any of his 7 picks.4 picks our in 1st 3 rounds.

If true, then the Jets' verdict on this QB class is in...

Jets & GM Mike Maccagnan are surly going blow it up mode in NY. per a NFL.com article, Maccagnan is willing to move out of any of his 7 picks.4 picks our in 1st 3 rounds..from #12 to #6 has a price, but we know what Philly & Rams were willing to give up from well back.We went from #8 to #15 with Titans. Who may be there? Our the picks were giving up worth it from #12 talent? some team will be willing to roll the dice early on this before draft. The window is now open to make a move to 2nd & 3rd rounds :)

Maybe Jets a potential Trade UP partner....for our 12 to up to 6?

Trading up from 12 to 6 can be done without getting rid of a future first rounder.

Especially because Maccagnan seems like he's in the "stockpile picks" mode.

I bet we could entice him into trading by offering 12, 52, and giving him Demario Davis back, one of our rookie WRs, and Cam Erving.

That is a pre-combine mock. I'd wait to see what their revised one looks like.

EDIT: Walter football post-combine has us taking Garrett, Humphrey and then Watson @ 33.

Chicago gets the Tribbles.

270px-ST_TroubleWithTribbles.jpg

I'm starting to change the way I think about our #12 pick. Unfortunately, our front office's inability to sign Pryor means to me that he's already gone. I literally have ZERO faith that we can now bring him back, and I think he's as good as gone. That means that we're going to either have to get an established WR in free agency (good luck with that), or more likely draft a potential playmaker early...like #12. There are several to choose from, but the entire thing pisses me off so bad I can barely talk about it. We have money. We have a 1000 yard WR that we developed. So why not SPEND the money and save our draft picks to select OTHER positions of need? Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I HOPE I'm wrong. Tony Grossi reported that "Analytics have placed a value on Pryor, and we aren't allowed to go over that amount." That's all find and dandy, but other teams won't be held by those restraints, and they will have NO PROBLEM offering a bit more money to get the guy they want. If/when we officially lose Pryor, get ready for the annual "Browns P.R. Nightmare".

As far as trading up goes, I see us moving up from 33 back into the first round to grab a QB.

I'm starting to change the way I think about our #12 pick. Unfortunately, our front office's inability to sign Pryor means to me that he's already gone. I literally have ZERO faith that we can now bring him back, and I think he's as good as gone. That means that we're going to either have to get an established WR in free agency (good luck with that), or more likely draft a potential playmaker early...like #12. There are several to choose from, but the entire thing pisses me off so bad I can barely talk about it. We have money. We have a 1000 yard WR that we developed. So why not SPEND the money and save our draft picks to select OTHER positions of need? Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I HOPE I'm wrong. Tony Grossi reported that "Analytics have placed a value on Pryor, and we aren't allowed to go over that amount." That's all find and dandy, but other teams won't be held by those restraints, and they will have NO PROBLEM offering a bit more money to get the guy they want. If/when we officially lose Pryor, get ready for the annual "Browns P.R. Nightmare".

As far as trading up goes, I see us moving up from 33 back into the first round to grab a QB.

Dolphins don't need a QB. ;)

Seen a mock on drafttek. Wouldn't really need to trade up if it panned out like this:

M.Garrett. 1

M.Lattimore 12

M.Trubisky. 33

B.Baker.

Was our first 4, would be more than thrilled

Foolish to think that MT will be there at 33. He won't be there at 12.

"Analytics placed a number on Pryor..and we are not allowed to go over that amount" Who the Fuck is this "Analytics" guy? Unless his name is really Jimmy Haslam....there is no unseen motherfucker that places limits on what a play should be paid. You pay what it takes to sign him...and fuck some ethereal being from the planet "Analytics".

Gipper...I couldn't agree more. As long as Pryor isn't asking to be the highest paid WR in the league, and his number is SOMEWHAT reasonable...then SIGN HIS ASS. Jesus I'm pissed.

• 1 month later...

Revivor of this thread.

How about the possibilty of a Trade UP in the first round. From all accounts it seems the Browns may be torn between taking Trubisky and Garrett at that #1 slot.

What would it take to get them both? How far and with who would they have to move up to? From Reports it seems the Jets are poised to take a QB at #6, and MT seems to be their possible target.

Could a move up from 12 to say #5 with the Tits be possible in order to jump the Jets? What would have to be given up to do that...and would that even be enough?

Some reports say that the 49ers AND Bears may still be each looking to take a QB....despite the Bears having acquired Glennon and the Bears taking on a couple of QBs.

Under the old Jimmy Johnson Trade Value chart, #5 is worth 1700 points, #12 is worth 1200 points. So, there a 500 point kicker would have to be thrown in.

Browns #33 pick has a 580 point value, #52 has a 380 point value.

So here, clearly a second round pick somewhere would have to be thrown in.

Under the Harvard chart #5 is worth 357.9 points, #12 worth 283.6 pts. That is a 74.3 difference. Pick #131 has a 74.4 value, but that is only an early 5th round pick.

Under this, all it would take to make the trade with the Tits is the Browns #12 and their #145 likely.

Though certainly the Tits would want a premium, say the Browns #108 pick.

Again, would it even be enough.

One mock draft had all three QBs, MT, Watson, Kizer all going in the top ten.

Archived