THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Let Joe Thomas Start the Combine Thread

TexasAg1969

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well only guys with recent injuries get sent to the hospital for medical exams. So that limits your pool quite a bit. Then you limit it to who's gotten dicked around by the staff for this long. I don't know that, neither do you. Then we don't know if he asked nicely first and was responded to rudely by the doctor (sorry I forgot--doctors are NEVER rude). We don't know if the NFL has had this happen before and just decided to ignore it. We don't know anything. For you folks that want to see some self-restraint, he never put hands on this precious medical employee.

Lastly, I'm not saying he's not an entitled prick. I'm saying he's a football player, so it's not relevant to the position he occupies in my world.

He should definitely be applauded for not attacking a stranger. He should also get a gold star for pissing in the toilet.

I don't know why the NFL would keep a lid on it if anyone else had acted the same way and needed to be dismissed.

If the employee was rude, it appears that every other player there must have fully functioning brains and could keep it together long enough for the exam.

A couple thoughts.

Trubisky is the QB I like. However, #1 overall... I don't know. And because I don't know I'm going to say taking him at #1 is a huge risk. We should probably take another player at #1 and see if Trubisky is there at #12. If he's not, I'm okay with going with Kevin Hogan and Cody Kessler.

Fournette had an okay combine, I'm upset that he didn't do the bench press and his verticle was a little disappointing but then again I'm not asking him to jump over guys, more so to run through them... and at 4.51-4.52 and 240lbs he's more than capable to do that. He's still on the radar.

My favorite though thus far is McCafferey. This kid ran the 40 in the 4.4s and didn't drop a pass all day. He had the second highest vertical jump at 37.5. He's a very natural catcher and runs nice routes and has great get off speed. Good hips and foot control, turns on a dime and for a smaller guy he did put up 225 pounds 10 times.

John ROSS ran the 40 like a BOSS! Holy moly 4.22~~~!!! Ghost! Sets a New Record

Here's what that looks like functionally in a game-

I don't know if it's true but my buddy said Adidas was giving an ISLAND to whoever could break Chris Johnsons record!

Big tough football player gets rattled by male nurse...

really it doesn't matter he should have been a professional and failed to do so

He is a professional .......... football player. They're paid to get rattled.

He should definitely be applauded for not attacking a stranger. He should also get a gold star for pissing in the toilet.

I don't know why the NFL would keep a lid on it if anyone else had acted the same way and needed to be dismissed.

If the employee was rude, it appears that every other player there must have fully functioning brains and could keep it together long enough for the exam.

I'm just saying in the grand scheme of things nothing really happened. He didn't hit anyone. He got snippy with an employee. Knowing your personality here, I highly doubt you've never done that. Furthermore, again, who cares?

"Needed to be dismissed" is a description subjective to the standard the NFL sets. You're acting like they get some vision from on high "X Y NEEDS TO BE DISMISSED." "Oh, well hell, I guess we better send him home Mr. Goodell." No, they can decide what's worthy of sending a kid home or not. And in the past, this may not have been. We have no idea.

A former OL for A&M posted on our messageboard this morning that when he was stuck waiting at the hospital at the combine for 5 hours while other injury-free guys got to go meet with teams, market themselves, and have fun, he was pretty close to strangling a nurse too (note: Foster did not strangle a nurse). And this is a nice kid from the same high school I went to which is extremely wealthy and objectively, very soft. But Foster can't raise his voice a little....

I'm just saying in the grand scheme of things nothing really happened. He didn't hit anyone. He got snippy with an employee. Knowing your personality here, I highly doubt you've never done that. Furthermore, again, who cares?

It is a bit more than getting snippy when you threaten to go hands on with a stranger. I am sure they have had players who have an attitude. I guess the dismissal was related to threatening a male hospital employee. So even with the potential of losing a good chunk of money, dummy chose to threaten someone and get dismissed.

I don't think this kid will end up being a Brown so this is honestly just debate.

we should probably keep the conversation to players ACTUALLY attending the combine.

I'm looking forward to the passing drills

Also it really looks like Trubisky's athleticism is really understated

I am with you. Did Zach Cunningham participate at the combine? I am trying to follow this all on the phone while on the road.

Did Zach Cunningham participate at the combine? I am trying to follow this all on the phone while on the road.

drive faster,Zach is up Sunday 9am,CB's Monday

It is a bit more than getting snippy when you threaten to go hands on with a stranger.

Kind of like starting a fight at the most important job interview of your life....???....thats normal.....

Usually goes over quite well......

He might just be there at #12.....then the REAL debate will begin...... ;)

Ain't no debate... If he's atop your board when #12 rolls around, then you take him knowing he is never going to have to stand in a line in a hospital ever again.

Has he ever lost his cool on the field?

My favorite though thus far is McCafferey. This kid ran the 40 in the 4.4s and didn't drop a pass all day. He had the second highest vertical jump at 37.5. He's a very natural catcher and runs nice routes and has great get off speed. Good hips and foot control, turns on a dime and for a smaller guy he did put up 225 pounds 10 times.

Then there's the whole 8 bench reps thing... :wacko:

Dunno....but it'd be hard to pass him at 12......

There are likely a couple/few that could still be there that Id take ahead of him though......who knows....

In defense of Foster...

How many other guys are there waiting in line for hours that are projected to go in the top 5-10 range in the first round of the draft. You would think that with his profile that he would be a priority. That, I imagine, is where the "don't you know who I am?" statement makes sense. If he's waiting behind players likely to go undrafted I could see where it would be rather irritating.

But, still, not making excuses for the guy, he still needs to keep his cool. I would think that the "male nurse" should also be sent home as well for misconduct. He's in a business that's full of testosterone and aggression and you challenge one of the most badass linebackers to put hands on you? Dude needs to learn how to de-escalate a situation instead of pushing buttons.

Yeah, I get it. But added to the "you can wait in line like everybody else" is kind of an asking for it comment if you ask me. He could have simply said, "I'm sorry for the wait Mr. Foster but there really is nothing I can do, ya know the policy and all..."

Could have went over way better than coming off like a douche and making condescending comments back at an already irritated jacked up linebacker.. nah what I mean?

QB Deshaun Watson

4.66 40

32.5in Vert

119.0in Broad

QB Mitch Trubsiky

4.67 40

27.5in Vert

116.0in Broad

QB Davis Webb

4.79 40

33.0in Vert

118.0in Broad

Interesting Results here

No surprise here that Watson is among the top performers in QB. Watson overall had a good day at the combine i think he came in a little slower than expected and less athletic than expected. He also displayed poor accuracy on deep throws but plus accuracy on short/intermediate.

Trubisky showed he had a bigger arm as is roughly as athletic as watson here. Vert is a concern but much less so for a QB than other positions. Trubisky was less accurate in his shorter routes than Watson but showed better accuracy on his Deep routes.

Biggest surprise is in Davis Webb said he was going to show everyone he was an athlete an proceeded to outperform nearly everyone Especially considering he's closer to 6'5" 230. Was a Top performer in every catagory tested Was a bit inconsistent compared to the others in the class but showed a bigger arm. Helped himself a lot during this combine

Myles Garrett with 33 reps on the 225Lb bench. Two less that the tops so far among all players with a tie @ 35 lbs. between OL Isaac Asiata and DL Carl Lawson. He was second among all DLs and LBs after Lawson. Click on "Sunday" this website below for results.

/www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=sunday

Now who was it that was claiming he had no strength?

Just for comparison, Clowney had 21 reps.

Fournette had a bad combine. Not just unimpressive.

Peppers had 19 reps. Pretty good.

Fornette only did the 40 and the vertical so way too early to write him off. Wait till after the LSU pro-day. And 4.51 not bad for a guy 10-15 lbs over playing weight.

It is a bit more than getting snippy when you threaten to go hands on with a stranger. I am sure they have had players who have an attitude. I guess the dismissal was related to threatening a male hospital employee. So even with the potential of losing a good chunk of money, dummy chose to threaten someone and get dismissed.

I don't think this kid will end up being a Brown so this is honestly just debate.

Yes. Yes. All I'm hearing here are reasons he'd be a great addition to our defense.

Ain't no debate... If he's atop your board when #12 rolls around, then you take him knowing he is never going to have to stand in a line in a hospital ever again.

The question is has he ever been "cool" on the field?

Archived