THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Let Joe Thomas Start the Combine Thread

TexasAg1969

Fournette had a bad combine. Not just unimpressive.

Peppers had 19 reps. Pretty good.

Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

His very was God awful. I'm not saying this means he's now a bad HB, but it wasn't a good combine.

Garrett looks to be a bit stronger than Courtney Brown 33 to 29 but is a little slower 4.5 to 4.6 same with clowney actually. Pretty Good performance so far lets see the drills :)

ehhh not the best footwork but not a huge concern. Allen had more precise footwork but was slower

Hope everyone saw that linebacker drill from garrett worst of the day by far. i wonder if he has ever done it before >.<

The Freak is being a Freak. but noway them million $ ankle's is trip-in' on any blocking bag.. take the deductions for those scoring at home..C ya in a orange helmet

Watching the LB/DL drills, and Charles Harris from U of Missouri looked really good. I don't know, nor do I care what the stop watch or tape measure said in other 'tests', but he sure passed the eye test in the drills...... Looked better than Garrett in many.

yea, I said it

Watching the LB/DL drills, and Charles Harris from U of Missouri looked really good. I don't know, nor do I care what the stop watch or tape measure said in other 'tests', but he sure passed the eye test in the drills...... Looked better than Garrett in many.

yea, I said it

Good catch, been watching him for 20 minutes so far.

i wonder if the ball speeds are tracked anywhere

Yes... they are measured at the Combine, but not "officially" by the NFL. Ourlads has done the honors in the past, but oddly NFL.com has cited their results.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

And 4.51 not bad for a guy 10-15 lbs over playing weight.

No, it's not, but the question is why was he 10-15 pounds overweight at the fucking Combine??? And it wasn't "water-weight".

Teams are going to want to know if Fournette is the next Eddie Lacy.

The question is has he ever been "cool" on the field?

That's a different question...

Garett is going to need to taught everything except rush it looks like.... i wonder if he can do ST?

His footwork is so unnatural dropping back lol. Byran Cox looked very smooth. I can tell right now Henrickson* is an effort>athlete

How often are you dropping him?

As for ST... I have to dismiss that as pure trolling.

It was actually a reference to mingo being the next best pass rusher and then ending up playing mostly ST because he failed as a pass rusher.

It's a negative not a huge one but a blemish nonetheless. Not being able to fall back isnt a big deal but it is something he will need to add to his toolbox

It was actually a reference to mingo being the next best pass rusher and then ending up playing mostly ST because he failed as a pass rusher.

It's a negative not a huge one but a blemish nonetheless. Not being able to fall back isnt a big deal but it is something he will need to add to his toolbox

Yep, I remember reading and hearing how great Mingo was on the edge. How explosive he was, and how he could dip his body and get to a lean angle like no other...... Yep, I remember that well.

Wow Tour you were right on Garrett jumping out of the combine building. 41 in. vert. and 10'8" broad jump.

Solomon Thomas has improved his draft stock too. Gonna be a really good one. And I think KSU's Jordan Willis may have put himslef high in the 2nd.

See below.

And his size combined with his 40 was borderline elite. So that averages out to "bad"?

As Tour said why the extra weight? But in regards to the 40, if you watched them ghost Julio Jones against Ross' record 40 4.22 run, I'd guesstimate Fournett's 40 time against Adrian Peterson would be about three feet. Big deal.

Of course the southern brother with a temper offends the Michigan fans pinky out sensibilities. You're gay.

Haha, my bad. I forgot Aggies need to ride Bamas coattails still. "You're gay"... Genius.

The guy pulled a "do you know who I am" and then threatened to fight a hospital worker. Sounds like an asshole.

Wow Tour you were right on Garrett jumping out of the combine building. 41 in. vert. and 10'8" broad jump.

I finally got one right! And a 1.73(?) 10-yd split to boot.

I still can't believe he ran a 4.64... the man has no sprinter form at all.

Hips flying... legs flailing... the man runs with a wide base. Know what that is good for? Speed to power and #1 overall...

I finally got one right! And a 1.73(?) 10-yd split to boot.

I still can't believe he ran a 4.64... the man has no sprinter form at all.

Hips flying... legs flailing... the man runs with a wide base. Know what that is good for? Speed to power and #1 overall...

Funny you should say that. Just heard him say on NFL Total access, "Couple of my friends call me The Flash.............I'm fast but I can also turn that speed into power."

The other one that really impressed me was Solomon Thomas. I'd put him right up there with Garrett and Allen as all Top 3 guys in any order you'd want to put them.

the man has no sprinter form at all.

Hell yes you take Myles for the player & athletic combine numbers..BUT thank god the guy with the ball maybe 10 yards away :D.Them strides,with any balance in those drills is NO signs of a Von Miller. Unorthodox running lower body injury is now a concern. not just a hockey term anymore..My Buckeye Man cave hated J. Peppers yesterday. But I got over the Blue yesterday. The post interview showed a kid having fun with his confidence that this team needs. But what position can Peppers really play at next level? Seems to be small at LB but I thought the same after seeing Zach Cunningham.Looks safty'ish to me? Or was Peppers a guy & his agent announcing he's a S/FS as a money move to get him top 15?

Hell yes you take Myles for the player & athletic combine numbers..BUT thank god the guy with the ball maybe 10 yards away :D.Them strides,with any balance in those drills is NO signs of a Von Miller. Unorthodox running lower body injury is now a concern. not just a hockey term anymore..My Buckeye Man cave hated J. Peppers yesterday. But I got over the Blue yesterday. The post interview showed a kid having fun with his confidence that this team needs. But what position can Peppers really play at next level? Seems to be small at LB but I thought the same after seeing Zach Cunningham.Looks safty'ish to me? Or was Peppers a guy & his agent announcing he's a S/FS as a money move to get him top 15?

Jalepeno Peppers seems like a fun kid that LOVES football enough to make it infectious with teammates via his team leadership role. He looks like a damn good tackler with healthy shoulders, which can matter over the long haul in space that some people aren't thinking about regarding Hooker. Back in October I was a huge Hooker fan but heading into the NFL with a torn labrum requiring surgical repair gives me the heebeegeebees about him all of a sudden. This kid looks like he can be ideal for the blitz (as depicted on film), special teams and the creative mind of Gregg Williams. He's at least worthy of keeping an open mind about.

It's a shame I need to type a 1st round prospect LOVES football but our last FO drafted the hollow inner chests of Gilbert and Manziel over Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. And here we remain needing those 2 most important roles on a football team...

I have not found the 2016 numbers yet but considering his above average missed tackle percentage last year alone, I think the phrase 'box safety' for Peppers should be concerning as well.

Can't disagree here Tia, cause I have seen some of that also. And the players only get bigger & faster at the next level. But loving the game & having confidence in yourself not sucking at any of those positions are still on tape to be determined>>But we can use all his so called positions of available including ST..When Adams & Hooker are off the board,Peppers has got to be considered

Archived