THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Let Joe Thomas Start the Combine Thread

TexasAg1969

You speak of heart and charismatic attitudes, my highlight of Tebow was giving an example of similar player that received attention not in proportion with his skill set but "loves" the game.

My assessment of any player being spoken of well outside what they've shown will come across aggressive.

I joined this board August of 14'. You should see some of the words I had reserved for Manziel pre and post draft. Peppers just so happens to be a UM player. My mentioning of Adoree isn't sour grapes, it's a reality check on just how a hype train and name can carry someone to Heisman status.

Alright Tia. Fair enough. Thanks!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few players that caught my eye on Sunday...

• Haason Reddick (Temple) - not like he came out of nowhere after his SR. Bowl, but my Lord what an athlete.
  • Trey Hendickson (Florida Atlantic) - every time I looked up the kid was posting a result near the top of the board or flashing in a drill.
  • Bryan Cox, Jr. (Florida) - did not measure all that well, but seemed to nail the field drills. Bloodline is at once intriguing and a bit alarming, but Dad has mellowed into a pretty good position coach.
  • Alex Anzalone (Florida) - shades of Sean Lee... only ability in question is availability.
  • Tyus Bowser (UH) - always need a Cougar on my sleeper list and this one just woke up posting as strong a set of measurables as any LB and looked great in the drills.
  • Anthony Walker, Jr. (NWU) - solidified his position as one of my sleepers. I really liked his tape. Did not stun at the Combine, but measured and moved better than I thought he would.

Just realized that virtually all my "eye-catchers" are LB candidates, so here's a couple shout outs to the D-side's big-uglies...

• Eddie Vanderdoes (UCLA) - reminds me of old fav, Billy Winn... motor to burn, but with a knee question.
  • Ryan Glasgow (UM) - every list needs a kid with a lunch pail... here's a good one. Measured OK-ish, but looked better in drills than expected.
  • Caleb Brantley (Florida) - not a guy on my radar, but the third UF player on my list. Moved easily in drills, but his 1.78 10-yd split caught my attention early.
  • Davin Tomlinson (BAMA) - just as my list needs a lunch-bucket guy every year, so too does it need a "the other guy". Play in a DL with a guy named Allen and all you can be is the other guy. This one looked pretty good moving around at 310 lb.

Dalvin (if I'm thinking of the right kid) could be the perfect late-round pick to back up Danny for the next 5 years (at least). Not a star, but a really solid NT.

I cannot get past that Mixon tape... and I'm one who believes in 2nd chances and time passage... but I just can't....

On a lighter note....

Forgot to list one of the skill kids that surprised me at the combine: PSU WR Chris Godwin.

Measured way better than expected and looked as good as any WR in the drills. His gauntlet runs were among the best I saw.

I cannot get past that Mixon tape... and I'm one who believes in 2nd chances and time passage... but I just can't....

First time I've seen the video Tour. He's got a good KO punch with that right hook. Shades of Ray Rice. Yeah she shoved him first, but that was no reason to retaliate like that. I hope that was just a cursory inquiry by the Browns. Certainly enough reason to ban him from the combine.

Shades of Ray Rice.(BINGO) Yeah she shoved him first, but that was no reason to retaliate like that. I hope that was just a cursory inquiry by the Browns. Certainly enough reason to ban him from the combine.

blow it up hoorta. note he almost walked away from it, than at 0:38 that is a spat in her face just like Rice (in elevator/blame mouth piece with Taylor?) than the right hand he wants back. The story I don't get, he was aloud to speak to a lot of children's groups on his mistake he made at age 18. But not much more from that..we maybe opening any window up now..

Archived