THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Fantasy Football Question?????

alporcini

who is hosting the Browns Board FF league? tabulating points/scores/standings, etc.

are you using yahoo, cbs.sportsline, somebody else, or is it being managed online by the mods?

i'm looking to set up a six division league (with 12 teams in each division) and am looking for some advice how to organize it...

on this site's league, is there a fee to sign up?

thanks in advance for any help.

Guest AdaM
who is hosting the Browns Board FF league? tabulating points/scores/standings, etc.

are you using yahoo, cbs.sportsline, somebody else, or is it being managed online by the mods?

i'm looking to set up a six division league (with 12 teams in each division) and am looking for some advice how to organize it...

We use yahoo, no fee's.

Prior to the season a sticky thread will pop up with the details on how to sign up, ect.

There are all kinds of free fantasy sites if you just google them you can go through and find which one best suits your needs. This board will have several leagues like always but Spect has a good point about maybe switching from Yahoo. Even though it's free they do charge for stat tracker that keeps your scoring updated.

Actually closer to time of fantasy football I was going to start a thread.

I definitely think we should use ESPN this year, it like yahoo is free, the big difference being that the live scoring is also free.

I could never get into my yahoo leagues cause I always had to wait till monday to see how my team did. It's much more fun watching the scores change throughout the afternoon as players scored more points.

I'd like to get in on it this year if OK. Will keep an eye on forum.

I did a live draft in CBS, so when someone picks it you enter that player in and then he resides on your team. It's about $120 I think, but worth it.

I definitely think we should use ESPN this year, it like yahoo is free, the big difference being that the live scoring is also free.

I could never get into my yahoo leagues cause I always had to wait till monday to see how my team did. It's much more fun watching the scores change throughout the afternoon as players scored more points.

or you could just shell out the little bit of coin for stat tracker. I've always done Yahoo but did ESPN for the first time in one of my leagues this past season and I hated it. I'm so used to the yahoo interface that more than a few features ESPN offered drove me insane. I personally will stick with yahoo and pay a lil extra for stat tracker which is actually a really nice interface. If I were you I'd do the same.

ESPN is a lot easier to work with and besides you dont have to pay for Stat Tracker, its Free!

Yahoo's site is way better, structure , layout, we are creatures of habit don't let the darkside (ESPN)take you in.

The fact that there is divisions makes it not feel that you are competing on an even keel. I want to play as many opponents as possible.

Pro-yahoo for fantasy.

Don't do it Zombo!

Yahoo's site is way better, structure , layout, we are creatures of habit don't let the darkside (ESPN)take you in.

The fact that there is divisions makes it not feel that you are competing on an even keel. I want to play as many opponents as possible.

Pro-yahoo for fantasy.

Don't do it Zombo!

I haven't participated in the Browns Board leagues, but I'm here to say that Yahoo by far has the best layout, structure, research, etc. . . I've been using it for years and I've found no other that I like better. Just my opinion, but I'm pretty locked in on that one! I played for two years in a CBS Sportsline league, and I HATED the site. I also spent some time on ESPN, and it wasn't nearly as easy to use as yahoo.

If you really want divisions and stat tracker, then upgrade to the Yahoo Plus league. Yes, it costs money, but you get your divisions and other settings / options, plus everyone gets stat tracker included, all in the best fantasy league host around. Just my opinion, again.

I haven't participated in the Browns Board leagues, but I'm here to say that Yahoo by far has the best layout, structure, research, etc. . . I've been using it for years and I've found no other that I like better. Just my opinion, but I'm pretty locked in on that one! I played for two years in a CBS Sportsline league, and I HATED the site. I also spent some time on ESPN, and it wasn't nearly as easy to use as yahoo.

If you really want divisions and stat tracker, then upgrade to the Yahoo Plus league. Yes, it costs money, but you get your divisions and other settings / options, plus everyone gets stat tracker included, all in the best fantasy league host around. Just my opinion, again.

nfl.com and espn are both free and offer free live updates in scoring. yahoo makes you pay for stattracker. it's a no-brainer

Pro-yahoo for fantasy.

Don't do it Zombo!

I'm cool with sticking with Yahoo.

Beanpot and Kathy do a great job, and we are creatures of habit around here (lazy).

I do think we need an "overall" champion and not just five different league champions though. All five leagues should have the same scoring system, and the league champion with the highest overall points total wins overall crown.

Makes it tougher to get your name on the vaunted fantasy wall.

Zombo

--speaking of lazy ... has Skippy been updating that?

Pro-yahoo for fantasy.

Don't do it Zombo!

I agree and I was being serious in my deleted post. It would be fun to play fantasy football with a few guys from the board. I love me some Fantasy football and it will make for better competition. If you guys need someone seriously let me know. Seriously.

I agree and I was being serious in my deleted post. It would be fun to play fantasy football with a few guys from the board. I love me some Fantasy football and it will make for better competition. If you guys need someone seriously let me know. Seriously.

Dude we had five leagues last year so nobody is left out. I wouldn't be surprised if this year there are more leagues.

Sorry Bud, your posts are too disrespectful to Browns fans.

Maybe Inspecta and T will let you in their ESPN league.

Zombo

--and if they do, I hope you get your ass kicked.

Sorry Bud, your posts are too disrespectful to Browns fans.

Maybe Inspecta and T will let you in their ESPN league.

Zombo

--and if they do, I hope you get your ass kicked.

lol that's fine. I guess constantly referring to me as a inbred hillbilly is A-okay. Give me a break, I didn't realize so many were so thin skinned.

lol that's fine. I guess constantly referring to me as a inbred hillbilly is A-okay. Give me a break, I didn't realize so many were so thin skinned.

As far as I know, no one has complained about you, I just think you act like a douche sometimes.

Our Browns Board leagues were set up for good natured fun amongst the members. Browns fans should be comfortable having their kids and grandads joining in, and have in the past.

Nothing wrong with having a smack league too. In fact, I encourage it. It just won'be the "official" Browns Board league that we have been running for our members for the last decade.

Zombo

• 4 weeks later...

When is the sign-up ??????? its always real early...Memorial Day came and went---and I didnt miss it ?????? ... part of the problem is my own in-activity with the Cleveland Jets... my plan is to be extremely skeptic this off-season....im not seeing any improvement....just the New York Jets JV team.

Bermeck (open QB competition ... please please no !)

Archived