THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon reapplies to be reinstated today...

Alkid3

Trubisky to Gordon all day long, if he's clean play him.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon is switching to HB? Only way he can get open fast enough with this OL, but it does resolve the QB sack/injury problem.

Did you already forget the Average Throw Time stat from a month ago?

Hey guys...Any news on the application or the timeline...anything like that?

Probably will be expedited by the Commish's office... so should hear something by Christmas...

Some people are so negative that they look for any and every excuse to just complain. They cry about the snow and bitch when it's hot...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Gordon has had many setbacks and pitfalls but to be fair he's traveled a rough road. Once you are on the radar it's very difficult under that kind of scrutiny to succeed. Yeah, it's easy to say, "Just put down the weeeeeeed" or whatever but unless you walk in somebody else's shoes your just talking out the side of your neck.

You people that love to bash him are the same ones who can't resist staring at a traffic accident as you drive by... you delight in other's misery. If you honestly don't think Josh Gordon loses sleep at night because of his fuckups, you really might have a far worse problem than Josh Gordon ever has.

;) - cheers.

Well, some people take a holier than thou attitude....an intolerant attitude, a fuck you attitude//

....but you better ass believe they would be there asking for forgiveness if some failing should ever strike them.

• 3 weeks later...

Dan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPN

I was told the expectation is that Josh Gordon will hear by late April/early May on reinstatement application.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/845322307002359808

Graziano is far from the biggest "scoop whore" on ESPN so I give this some credibility.

If true, then I believe it would be a record, earliest JG reinstatement decision...

Did you already forget the Average Throw Time stat from a month ago?

Even though he ran his last route in 2014 - it looked like a lot of our Rent-A-Wrecks taking snaps in 2016 were waiting for him to get open prior to eating the football...

Random thoughts from Wundumbson:

1) Poe won the "who can hold their breath the longest" contest for Josh Gordon by at least 18 months. This needed to happen so he has enough time to win the same contest for Leonard Fournette. Whether you agree with him or not - how do you not enjoy the hail out of a guy like Poe? The last time I read one of his mock drafts we had about 5 first round draft picks this year. He's the good kind of sick bastard...

2) Could Gordon, and more specifically Roger Goodfella enjoying the idea of holding barter between Cleveland and NE hostage, be the reason this Jimmy Garappolo trade hasn't been announced yet? Mitch L is getting easier to type as we speak.

3) Let's hope all energies aren't exhausted on trading this pick, that pick and that pick for draft slots we're unprepared to take the right value at. Inexperience and enthusiasm from a new FO can get the train off the tracks just about every single time us little people that have had to gag on it. YES, we've learned from it repeatedly - has Jimmy? You can sink a Titanic if you don't have the right guy steering it so you can certainly sink another canoe on Lake Erie. I've been on wait and see mode since 98-99. Want my trust? This is a perfect opportunity to get it...

There just seems to be a missing story here. On Josh's last reinstatement he received a 4 game suspension for what? Diluted test? Any who, Goodell did us a huge favor by letting Josh be part of team functions those 4 games. I trust anybody's decision that was in that locker room on this decision far more than media. But Josh had all the opportunity's of rehab way before this point. He's a stressed out mess at crunch time & reaching for a fix imo..

Well... if Joseph Zucker says it, it must be true...

Makes absolutely no sense.

Ah come on Mud. He had 1 catch for 3 yrds in 32 snaps and got suspended under the NFL PED Drug policy in Dec

and he is the guy we deemed to be better than Gabe?....Hawkins?.....Hartline?.....Moore?.....etc?

Terrible terrible talent evaluation.......and NOT the type of guy we are supposed to be picking anymore.....(right Cal?)

Prioritized school over camp.......missed most of preseason......taking PED's to make up the difference....cant get on the field....

And, yet, we keep him and just cut the Hawk.....blech

When you want to build a team of guys who love the game, want to win, it does no good

to bring jg back after all the bs, because he finally MIGHT get his act together. What was that

tweet ? Something about Gordon saying to jm that "we are the only ones that are real" ? something like that?

Too bad, all that physical talent with no heart or brain to match wanting to win. Even if he gets his act together,

I still don't see him being a part of the Browns. A lesser physical talent with his heart and head screwed on straight would

have helped this football team far more than jg has. If intensity is lacking - draft somebody else.

If "90% of football is emotional"...then don't draft "thoroughbreds" with no love for the game. This Browns FO is going

to draft guys that fit.

I've never seen a more celebrated player here that prioritized football less than Gordon has.

Has anyone ever read up on why the only major DIA school left interested in Gordon was Baylor in spite of his elite talent coming out of high school? This stuff went on before he disappointed 2 college programs and the first NFL team that said we believe in you.

Has anyone ever understood that cough syrup isn't used or prescribed for strept throat?

Yeah, I know, I know - "he only had a few beers on a plane Flugel." Well geee, how did poor Josh corner himself into such a pathetic point of no return? Who shall we blame this time? Seems to me Baylor was a pretty tough program to get booted out of so I'm betting there was more than the 2 strikes we know about.

Here's a great idea. If a guy you shouldn't be hanging around with has a big bag of weed in your car - you might not want to be driving 15-20 miles an hour over the speed limit in a sports car. How about also understanding you might not want to be hanging round with Johnny Blutarsky Manziel during much of your spare time? If that slam dunks football first, I have real estate for sale in Alligator Alley.

I don't care about the validity of the content in the Bleacher Report as much as I care about the accuracy of Gordon parting ways with the Browns; which he seems to do every damn time he's not strong enough to pass piss tests for 1 full calendar year. He scored his last TD here in 2013. It's 2017 so how much longer do we want to keep playing pretend here? The last time our wonderful Rosenhaus client was cleared to play ball in 2016, guess what? The product of sex, drugs and rock and roll now had a baby Gordon on the way telling Josh to get help/treatment? Sounds like he really learned a ton from all of life's lessons since he scared off all DI-A football programs not named Baylor. The only thing Gordon has perfected since high school is lying with practice making perfect. What would I know about a drug addict? My brother died at age 50. He had a very high IQ that he gave a Faw-Q to and he was one of the best athletes of his class before drugs won. He never stopped being funny or likeable per say - but practice made perfect with the lying and getting people to feel sorry for him. The Poor Josh stuff has him no further ahead than he was way back coming out of high school. If BB has the best magic with this kind of guy, why not get something better in return than the usual Josh won't be joining us again this year?

Dan Graziano‏Verified account @DanGrazianoESPN

I was told the expectation is that Josh Gordon will hear by late April/early May on reinstatement application.

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/845322307002359808

Graziano is far from the biggest "scoop whore" on ESPN so I give this some credibility.

If true, then I believe it would be a record, earliest JG reinstatement decision...

I am totally frustrated that there isn't a MANDATE that all decisions of returns from suspensions be made at least 2 weeks to a month before the draft so teams can make more solid decisions about personnel moves. Why punish those players' respective teams?

Goodell needs to be held to a higher standard.

Mike

I am totally frustrated that there isn't a MANDATE that all decisions of returns from suspensions be made at least 2 weeks to a month before the draft so teams can make more solid decisions about personnel moves. Why punish those players' respective teams?

Goodell needs to be held to a higher standard.

Mike

I don't think we take another WR regardless of Gordon's outcome. It sure would be nice if the kid truly could clean up his act and realize the rewards if he would just quit smoking weed. I would accept him back if he does.

I don't think we take another WR regardless of Gordon's outcome. It sure would be nice if the kid truly could clean up his act and realize the rewards if he would just quit smoking weed. I would accept him back if he does.

Unfortunately, he's never been willing to change the company he keeps in spite of the countless times his football career gets to the edge of a cliff. I don't see the guy everybody wants me to see. I see a big reminder of the brother I lost who blew off his biggest God givens to surround himself with creeps that kept him on the same path. Life only gives you so many chances and reminders before the window finally slams shut.

He didn't. He prioritized school over camp.

that's Jordan Payton...delayed class of PED's studies..now who's wearing the skirt :o

I don't think we have anything to lose by endorsing Gordon. I mean, he's cheap, under contract, he's not really a distraction, and the upside would be enormous. Should we PLAN on him contributing? Hell no. But why trade or cut him? He's such a risk, we wouldn't get anything more than a 6th round pick, right? And if we cut him, than ANYBODY could sign him. The Bengals have a history of working with "embattled players"...that's all we need. Going up against AJ Green and Josh Gordon twice a year with a shitty secondary.

My opinion that nobody asked for? We package Josh Gordon to the Patriots when we get Garoppolo, and he goes on to have an amazing year.

There just seems to be a missing story here. On Josh's last reinstatement he received a 4 game suspension for what? Diluted test? Any who, Goodell did us a huge favor by letting Josh be part of team functions those 4 games. I trust anybody's decision that was in that locker room on this decision far more than media. But Josh had all the opportunity's of rehab way before this point. He's a stressed out mess at crunch time & reaching for a fix imo..

Gordon had about the same number of drug policy violations as Leveon Bell has had. And Gordon has tried to take steps that Bell never tried to take....yet Gordon get like 3 years worth of suspensions and Bell gets like 3 games.

All I am saying is: where is the equity?

My opinion that nobody asked for? We package Josh Gordon to the Patriots when we get Garoppolo, and he goes on to have an amazing year.

Which "he"?

You can't tell the "he's" without a scorecard...

Archived