THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon reapplies to be reinstated today...

Alkid3

Which "he"?

You can't tell the "he's" without a scorecard...

I believe the last he is Gordon. I think anywhere Josh goes he will be an all pro. He's fucked us enough already. Why let him go to another team and continue to fuck us for the next decade. I would say if he wants to get his shit together and play, he can play for us. I don't understand why in the world we would cut him.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the last he is Gordon. I think anywhere Josh goes he will be an all pro. He's fucked us enough already. Why let him go to another team and continue to fuck us for the next decade. I would say if he wants to get his shit together and play, he can play for us. I don't understand why in the world we would cut him.

I agrhe...

He's a druggie that was drafted by a drunk.

If he's reinstated then bring him in to camp and evaluate him like you would evaluate any football player trying to make your team.

Or...don't bring him into camp...just cut him.....and I'll give you a knife so you can cut off your nose to spite your face.

Yeah lets cut a guy who is our best receiver..

If he gets reinstated and actually has his shit together, let him compete.

Britt is a solid #2,

Coleman is also a solid #2/Slot guy.

Gordon has that #1 WR ability. He's still very young at 26.

Kessler to Gordon doesn't sound too bad..

Yeah lets cut a guy who is our best receiver..

If he gets reinstated and actually has his shit together, let him compete.

Britt is a solid #2,

Coleman is also a solid #2/Slot guy.

Gordon has that #1 WR ability. He's still very young at 26.

Kessler to Gordon doesn't sound too bad..

Like I said, if Bill Belichick is great at curing junkies and bad attitudes - let's get some exchange/trade value better than "sorry folks, Josh won't be joining us once again this year." Maybe he's the part of this Jimmy G trade some are awaiting announcement of until Roger Goodell allows the reinstatement. Good luck with that happening anytime soon...

Again, Gordon hasn't scored a TD for us since 2013. It's 2017 so you'll have to excuse those of us that don't join you in holding our breaths for the guy. This was after he got kicked off Baylor twice. If you want to stay in fiction - sounds like Linus could use a buddy to join him in the Pumpkin Patch while he awaits the first appearance of Great Pumpkin again this year. If you're a big fan of the "this time he's really gonna" - that's about as good as it gets...

Like I said, if Bill Belichick is great at curing junkies and bad attitudes - let's get some exchange/trade value better than "sorry folks, Josh won't be joining us once again this year." Maybe he's the part of this Jimmy G trade some are awaiting announcement of until Roger Goodell allows the reinstatement. Good luck with that happening anytime soon...

Again, Gordon hasn't scored a TD for us since 2013. It's 2017 so you'll have to excuse those of us that don't join you in holding our breaths for the guy. This was after he got kicked off Baylor twice. If you want to stay in fiction - sounds like Linus could use a buddy to join him in the Pumpkin Patch while he awaits the first appearance of Great Pumpkin again this year. If you're a big fan of the "this time he's really gonna" - that's about as good as it gets...

I know for myself at least, in no way, shape or form would I hold my breath for Gordon to come back and light it up again after getting his shit together. If we traded him for something, great. What I wouldn't understand is just cutting him. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

That's all fine an dandy, but him for Garoppolo?

I want Garoppolo throwing him the ball, NOT Tom Brady..

I understand he hasn't scored for us since '13. He has been a shit show.

But his upside is huge. Teams want that kind of upside.

It's not like this guy is a coke or meth addict. It's pot.

This guy can get it together. From what i've seen on his snapchat. He is training hard everyday and the dude is in fantastic shape.

He voluntarily admitted himself to rehab during the season, and was put back on indefinite suspension for doing so.

Goodell should realize that this kid has been punished enough for a little leafy green substance. He has been suspended the past TWO seasons for pot..

Let the guy play a whole season! Far too many players have done worse. Stallworth killed a guy but somehow he managed to play again..

Route discipline was never Josh's strong suit. For that reason I can't see Bill being interested. He's already been down that road with a far more accomplished WR... Chad Ocho or something like that.

And no one, including us, knows what he has to offer after all this time away from the game. So at minimum you roster him and keep him to showcase in the preseason... then if you don't want him, at least he has hopefully demonstrated his value and you can get something for him...

But if he looks great in preseason, then all those wanting him cut/traded now will line up to throw tantrums about why we traded him.

Book it!

For the first time Gordon seems focused on football. Bet he's on PEDS though to build his body back to shape. Still feel like there will always be something shady with him. Considering the situation you have to play him if the league let's him play. He is an instant #1. The Browns are considered a joke already so if he fucks up its just status quo, but he makes the offense respected when he's out there. If you waited years for LeBron to come back, then this shouldn't feel new to you.

I never understood all of the reports that said the Browns have given up on Gordon and will move on. It really didn't make any sense. Yeah, he broke our hearts a thousand times, but we have him on contract for two years, he's cheap, and he's not a guy who brings bad mojo to the team. He's simply a guy struggling with a major issue.

Even though Sashi recently said the door isn't closed, I still believe it's shut in Cleveland. I think we're going to trade the guy, and I think it's going to be to New England. I hope I'm wrong...I really do.

For the first time Gordon seems focused on football. Bet he's on PEDS though to build his body back to shape. Still feel like there will always be something shady with him. Considering the situation you have to play him if the league let's him play. He is an instant #1. The Browns are considered a joke already so if he fucks up its just status quo, but he makes the offense respected when he's out there. If you waited years for LeBron to come back, then this shouldn't feel new to you.

If you looked at the picture in this thread- you have to wonder about steroids.... The guy is positively ripped. So Mr. Commish, in all fairness to Josh AND THE BROWNS if you're going to reinstate him, it had better be a couple weeks before the draft- at the latest.

Gordon, Coleman , Britt, Hall, Payton

Add one in the mid to late rounds ....

If Josh comes back does Coleman move to the slot ?

I still maintain we are changing our tune solely because we intend on trading Gordon. I want to be wrong, I want to be absolutely wrong. Anyone that knows me already understands my love affair with Gordon. I want him on our team so badly, and I want him personally to vanquish his demons and realize his potential. The world is full of wasted talent, and I don't want Gordon to be a "Flash" in the pan. I also don't want him to be cut and then blow up on the damn Ravens or Bengals (or god forbid...Steelers).

I think Gordon was close last year, I really do. He wouldn't have been reinstated if he wasn't close to figuring it out. I don't know the exact procedures, but I'm guessing Gordon had to do a shitload of drug testing, counseling appointments, and lord knows what else. If Goodell felt good enough to let him back, Gordon was doing something right. Then we had the thing with the paternity suit, and I'm guessing that rocked him a bit. He probably realized he didn't have his life under control, and before it totally spiraled...he entered into rehab. Can you imagine for a second how difficult that must've been? He JUST catches an amazing touchdown in Tampa Bay. He's devoted, he's involved, and he's FINALLY worked his way back into the league...only to leave again.

Why did he enter rehab? We can guess, but I don't think we really know. Did he test positive? Did he KNOW he was going to test positive? I have no clue. At any rate, the decision to enter rehab and postpone his career yet ANOTHER season...may....MAY have saved his life and professional ability to play ball.

We will see, but Gordon has at least one fan rooting for him to make it.

For the first time Gordon seems focused on football.

Felt that way last year... all the way up to the unexpected, last-minute rehab check in.

Fool me once... etc.. etc... ("I know this proverb. It's Russian.")

Has to be real this time...

He should be reinstated by the league on a conditional basis.

If he fails another test, make it a two year indefinite ban.

The pressure is on for Gordon, but I think his stint in rehab really turned his life around. I have him on Snapchat and from what i have seen on his stories, he is working out hard everyday in the gym, jogging, on the field.

He is a beast and we need him in our lineup to at least draw double coverages.

Even if we passed on OJ Howard @ 12, we could take Evan Engram in the 2nd.

Hell even DeValve is on the up-and-up. Barnidge should be traded. He had one fluky season and is 31 years old. Trade him for some more picks to a team that needs a veteran TE

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results..... Seems we have lots of fans who need to be fitted for a very special jacket.

There's really no way to argue your point. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results IS insanity, but here's the thing: What if GORDON isn't doing the same thing over and over? What if HE is the variable that actually changed? Listen, I'm not stupid, and I know all too well how the odds are against him, but let's not act like it's impossible for an addict to get better. I have several friends that were suffering direly with addiction to various things, and they managed to get better. Here's what I can tell you....NONE of them got better the first, second, or even third time. They had to work at it, try different approaches, keep working at it, remove the bad people from their lives, and lord knows whatever else. Point is, it took a while. Now, were any of them professional athletes? Of course not, but addiction doesn't care who you are. What color you are. How much money you have. None of that crap matters.

Would I bet money on Josh Gordon making it? Of course not, but I'm also not going to sit here and act like he's doomed to be an NFL dropout, either. I hope he gets another chance at playing NFL football, and I hope it's with us.

Josh as #1 WR... Britt as #2... Coleman in the slot...

I'm ready for that... I just hope Josh is this go 'round as well...

Your point is pretty valid because we are extremely thin at receiver. Coleman APPEARS to have a chance to be at least serviceable, but the other bozos we drafted won't be in the league much longer. We lost Hawkins and Pryor...so who the hell is catching the ball? Coleman, Britt, and.......uh....uh....hmmmm.

Your point is pretty valid because we are extremely thin at receiver. Coleman APPEARS to have a chance to be at least serviceable, but the other bozos we drafted won't be in the league much longer. We lost Hawkins and Pryor...so who the hell is catching the ball? Coleman, Britt, and.......uh....uh....hmmmm.

Hawkins is still available if we want to resign him. Perhaps the fact that no one else has done so tells us something.

There's really no way to argue your point. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results IS insanity, but here's the thing: What if GORDON isn't doing the same thing over and over? What if HE is the variable that actually changed? Listen, I'm not stupid, and I know all too well how the odds are against him, but let's not act like it's impossible for an addict to get better. I have several friends that were suffering direly with addiction to various things, and they managed to get better. Here's what I can tell you....NONE of them got better the first, second, or even third time. They had to work at it, try different approaches, keep working at it, remove the bad people from their lives, and lord knows whatever else. Point is, it took a while. Now, were any of them professional athletes? Of course not, but addiction doesn't care who you are. What color you are. How much money you have. None of that crap matters.

Would I bet money on Josh Gordon making it? Of course not, but I'm also not going to sit here and act like he's doomed to be an NFL dropout, either. I hope he gets another chance at playing NFL football, and I hope it's with us.

You have, my friend, the classic ex-girlfriend syndrome with that line of thinking. The point being you have to cut bait at some point no matter the potential. Even if they do turn it around, you are a better person for actually letting go. There really is no difference here.

We had better have a backup plan. If we go into the season with him at the center of our offensive plans, i will shit myself.

Being not yet reinstated, right now I do not think Josh is even in the plan... on our depth board...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results..... Seems we have lots of fans who need to be fitted for a very special jacket.

or helmets for the short bus.

Archived