THE BROWNS BOARD

Buzzfeed Accuses Ivanka Of Hiding Her Jewish Faith To Stay ‘Publicly Palatable’

OldBrownsFan

Anne Helen Petersen, Buzzfeed’s senior culture writer, accused President Donald Trump’s oldest daughter Ivanka of downplaying her Jewish faith so she can “remain as publicly palatable as possible.”

The piece, in which author the claims to “analyze” her social media accounts, is a lengthy attack on Ivanka and President Trump. It concludes, “Together, they compose a particularly 21st-century propaganda aesthetic — one that attempts to blind us to the discrimination and destruction committed by her father and performed in the name of rebuilding America.”

Complaining that both Trumps have not been vocal enough in their condemnation of a rash of anti-Semitic bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, Peterson write of how Americans would be too uneducated to understand that “#JCC” would mean Jewish Community Centers in Ivanka’s tweet on the subject.

She writes, “There was no invocation of her own identity as a Jew, and in fact, no invocation of Jewishness at all — save the hashtag, #JCC, whose meaning, for most, would remain opaque.”

Not addressed in the piece was the near-silence from the mainstream media and the White House about more than 7000 anti-Semitic attacks during the tenure of Barack Obama.

Then Peterson speculates Ivanka, who converted to orthodox Judaism when she married her husband Jared Kushner in 2009, might be “ashamed” of her faith. “Which isn’t to suggest that Ivanka is ashamed, per se, of being Jewish; rather, she understands that to remain as publicly palatable as possible, Jewishness cannot be central to her public identity.”

The author does not explain why or how being Jewish would make Ivanka “unpalatable,” rather she wonders at the end: “Will historians of the future look to Ivanka’s digital footprint and excuse her…or look to her willful blindness and condemn her?”

that is worse than stupid. Next, all reps in gov will be "revealed" to be martian purple people eaters...

In the biased liberal media they will even make up stories to attack Trump and his family. This story was totally made up out of thin air to try and paint the Trump's in a bad light.

And then there is this:

"Not addressed in the piece was the near-silence from the mainstream media and the White House about more than 7000 anti-Semitic attacks during the tenure of Barack Obama."

How do you tell if someone is Jewish or not?

The person that wrote that is a bigot. Who looks at people and wonders to themselves "are they Jewish?"

An obvious liberal anti Trump person makes up this story that somehow Ivanka Trump is trying to hide her conversion to Judaism. If that was the case she has done a poor job of hiding it because it is very well known she married a Jewish man and converted to Judaism and the Trump's haven't downplayed this at all or tried to hide it and it is just ridiculous 'Trump hate' to even suggest that.

At this point all I want is capable, competent, mature, and stoic people to run this country. I'm weary of slogans like "They go low, we go high"

If you're thin skinned please find the nearest exit at the Capitol, White House, or Pentagon. If you are in collusion with the Fed, Central Bank, or UN please use the same exits as your thin skinned counterparts.

Fill all 100 Congressional and Senatorial seat with qualified people, party majority is irrelevant just people with a personal stake in the prosperity of this country. For the love of God, I want people that have more to worry about than defiance of a President they don't want (both sides in one way or another is guilty of this).

I want people that have real solutions to real problems. I also want them to be capable to the point that the President (whomever it may be) won't feel as if they have to use Executive Orders in order to legislate.

"we go high"...

And did you hear Obama is a racist, Marxist, communist, Muslim, Kenyan, terrorist?

Oh fuck off

IKR? these people we speak with on a daily basis might be real first class scumbags. The blatant in your face hypocrisy that i see here daily is staggering. And they say well the "left" does it, but no one here does. NO ONE here are they blatant lowlife hypocrites that i see from the guys on the right.

IKR? these people we speak with on a daily basis might be real first class scumbags. The blatant in your face hypocrisy that i see here daily is staggering. And they say well the "left" does it, but no one here does. NO ONE here are they blatant lowlife hypocrites that i see from the guys on the right.

Excuse me...it was Hillary who made that comment of taking the "high ground" and wasn't she the one saying half of Trump supporters were a basket of racist, sexist, you name it deplorables? Clinton who tried to tie Trump to the KKK? And all the other name calling coming from the Clinton campaign and she is the going to claim the high ground? LOL...

Archived