THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barnett for #12

The Gipper

Nothing, but we can only go on what we know...not what we can speculate on.

Garrett MAY be better.

But our need for Garrett is NOT more than our need for a QB.

Or our needs for DBs.

Or our needs for OL.

And, in my opinion, our need for a DT.

We can load up on DEs. Who is going to stop the run up the middle? Who is going to cover WRs. Who is going to throw the ball.

Now you're shifting the argument. This isn't about Trubisky versus Garrett. It's about Barnett versus Garrett. You're saying Barnett may be better with nothing but stats against vastly different competition to back it up.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually just within the last hour said pretty explicitly that he was NOT the best player. Facts really are your enemy apparently.

Best prospect=highest ceiling based on what we know now.

And I said that I heard you. Apparently THAT fact got by you.

And for me, the best prospect is: the player most likely to have the biggest impact on future success.

Now you're shifting the argument. This isn't about Trubisky versus Garrett. It's about Barnett versus Garrett. You're saying Barnett may be better with nothing but stats against vastly different competition to back it up.

I didn't shift. I just took one segment of the argument that warranted it and gave it some in depth analysis. Do you want 5 more posts of me trying to refute TCs bogus BS....or do you want something you can look at manageably?

I am not obligated to go tit for tat against everything anyone says....meritless or not. Right?

If you wanted a counter argument to every sentence that TC says, you have my permission to go ahead and take on that mantle.

Trubisky, on the other hand, is one big question mark. Just because he's from podunkfuck Ohio doesn't mean anything :o

Ok this just made my day..thanks TCPO...carry on my Gayward Sons.there'll be peace when your both done

I didn't shift. I just took one segment of the argument that warranted it and gave it some in depth analysis. Do you want 5 more posts of me trying to refute TCs bogus BS....or do you want something you can look at manageably?

I am not obligated to go tit for tat against everything anyone says....meritless or not. Right?

If you wanted a counter argument to every sentence that TC says, you have my permission to go ahead and take on that mantle.

Huh? Our discussion has nothing to do with TC. Dude, did you forget your meds today or something?

Huh? Our discussion has nothing to do with TC. Dude, did you forget your meds today or something?

Have you not been paying attention? You have mimicked anything and everything that TC has been saying. I mean. you have been on his tail like a Whale Barnacle.

So...in answering him...I have been answering you as well. And sometimes when I answered you it was also in response to him.

Do I have to repeat the same thing over for you that I just said to him? Or vice versa? You just complained about not wanting repetiveness...now you are begging for it?

Ok this just made my day..thanks TCPO...carry on my Gayward Sons.there'll be peace when your both done

So you can rise above the noise and confusion, just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion? ;)

If the guy is anything, it's smart.

If he's so smart, then why shave the eyebrows? I mean seriously... that look is a deal breaker. Even Shazier gave that shit up. At best he's dodging drug tests...

Hadn't really watched Dobbs except for Sr. Bowl, when I thought he looked lost, but WTF... who needs sleep. So pulled up what was statistically his best game vs. Vandy... plus I can see a little Kamara and Zack C.

Pretty well bored to tears in 1st half with a lot of predetermined, quick throws to WRs since Vandy was giving steady 10-yd cushions with some fairly uninspiring read-option keepers mixed in. Pretty soon began to realize that the throws were quick, pretty accurrate and had zip. Then late there was a nice pump fake and TD throw to a wide-open WR.

Then came... https://youtu.be/k2lXylTRKSk?t=6m51s

Good bit to like in that one play... then he went kinda limp the rest of the way.

Dunno...

Saw a flash, but not enough.

Nice release... seems to "push" a lot of short to intermediate balls. I think in part that's why the above highlighted play jumped out at me... he cut one loose.

More than a few times I thought of Terrell Pryor in his Ohio State days.

And why....considering that a QB IS the #1 priority...the #1 biggest hole this team has?

Because even though some feel Mitch is the #1 QB in the class, that doesn't mean the QB class is all that talented. He just sits on top of it.

You want to take a QB with 13 college starts and wait 2-3 years to get him groomed, go for it. The sad reality is the team needs to get immediate impact out of it's top drafted players. Garrett brings that immediate impact, and in case you haven't noticed, pass rusher is a position of big need, and not all that far behind QB in overall impact to a team.

I like Peterman out of Pitt. He has the skills, and he played in a pro-set O. One less thing for him to transition going in to the pros. We could probably get him late 2nd, early 3rd and allow him a year or two to grow.

Sorry, you just can't sprinkle magic dust on a QB, draft him #1, and call him your franchie guy. Well, you can, but it isn't going to make it so. If Mitch is there at 12, I could see us taking him there. It isn';t going to happen at 1.

If he's so smart, then why shave the eyebrows? I mean seriously... that look is a deal breaker. Even Shazier gave that shit up. At best he's dodging drug tests...

Hadn't really watched Dobbs except for Sr. Bowl, when I thought he looked lost, but WTF... who needs sleep. So pulled up what was statistically his best game vs. Vandy... plus I can see a little Kamara and Zack C.

Pretty well bored to tears in 1st half with a lot of predetermined, quick throws to WRs since Vandy was giving steady 10-yd cushions with some fairly uninspiring read-option keepers mixed in. Pretty soon began to realize that the throws were quick, pretty accurrate and had zip. Then late there was a nice pump fake and TD throw to a wide-open WR.

Then came...

Good bit to like in that one play... then he went kinda limp the rest of the way.

Dunno...

Saw a flash, but not enough.

Nice release... seems to "push" a lot of short to intermediate balls. I think in part that's why the above highlighted play jumped out at me... he cut one loose.

More than a few times I thought of Terrell Pryor in his Ohio State days.

He has alopecia

Never heard of it... still weirds me out...

Thoughts on my other impressions?

Essentially, his immune system progressively rejects his hair. It's essentially extreme hair loss on a full-body scale. Most people with the condition end up just shaving their head so they don't look patchy.

The Tennessee offense was not conducive to his growth - he came out as a four-star Pro Style quarterback then stagnated in Tennessee's offensive system. I get bored watching their games, the offensive is predicated on quick throws, screens and mismatches and then not very many successful runs to break it up. On top of that, Dobbs really doesn't take too many shots down field at all. But that's not to say he can't - he has a slightly above average arm and his deep balls have a nice trajectory on them. I like this one - even though it was an incompletion, the ball traveled about 45-50 yards in the air (from the 40 and short hash to opposite front corner of the end zone) and it was timely delivered at a good trajectory and maybe just a hair underthrown. Here's another one - almost a perfect throw that travels about 45 yards at a nice clip... and his receiver just dropped it.

He can read the field, he commands that offense, and he has the ability to deliver the ball where he wants. He tends to do too much, which I think is just a direct result of being in an offense that isn't conducive to big plays and due to them losing their starting runningback unexpectedly early in the year (he flat out quit). These three plays are an example of him taking advantage of a defense with his athletic ability, similar to what Prescott so often did at Miss. State.

He has plenty of flaws - but who doesn't. His flaws aren't gamebreakers, however. His footwork is pretty bad and it seems like he doesn't trust himself on throws over the middle very often. But according to reports from the Senior Bowl, Hue loved him and said he was progressing on a daily basis - so much so that Dobbs ended up getting double the reps of any other QB.

Sorry... don't see Dak... I see Pryor...

That's fine. Few people saw Wilson in Wilson. Even fewer people saw Dak in Dak. And even fewer saw Brady in Brady.

Not to say that Dobbs is any of them, just that it is impossible to gauge what a player will do when he enters the league. That's why I value work ethic above all...which is unfortunately impossible to quantify.

On a related note.....another QB most associated with the Tits (though his actual last roster spot on an NFL team was with the Browns):

Vince Young signs up to play for Saskatchewan of the CFL.

Now....what needs to happen is that Vince needs to have a talk with both Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel to tell those hosers that

CehNehDeh is cool.

Archived