THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt signing with the Browns

LondonBrown

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its only baffling if you assume the Browns didn't try to keep Pryor. We know they did, but I suspect the agent is asking for way too much money. However, I still hope they do sign him because then you can do this:

WR1: Pryor

WR2: Britt

Slot: Coleman

Coleman would be an excellent slot receiver.

What a weird move .....

the superbowl champs have been more active than the 1-15 team in FA so far ....Gilmore is a huge pick up for them

Its only baffling if you assume the Browns didn't try to keep Pryor. We know they did, but I suspect the agent is asking for way too much money. However, I still hope they do sign him because then you can do this:

WR1: Pryor

WR2: Britt

Slot: Coleman

Coleman would be an excellent slot receiver.

I guess it's more baffling to me because Britt is markedly mediocre, at near 29 years old to get $17mil guaranteed is Dwayne Bowe-esque head scratching.

Seeing as this was almost dollar for dollar the deal I thought TP should get (seriously, check out my comment in the TP thread), that would be mean keeping TP would result in having $40+ million guaranteed in the following

Kenny Britt

Terrelle Pryor

Corey Coleman

Yikes..

like Jefferson, some FA's don't want to play for a 1-15, continually losing team.

Maybe there should only be one team in the NFL - so nobody has to have a losing season

and make some young yuppies pout that they don't get participation trophys unless their team

goes to the superbowl.

WTF, buying scraps again. IF this is with Pryor is meh ok. If it's instead of Pryor someone needs fired today. 1) We have to demonstrate willingness to pay players to keep them 2) 1000 yards 5 TD's is Britts career best , it's Pryors floor in first year a a receiver. I expected better I really did.

Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.
I'm pretty sure they would rather have kept Pryor, but a very similar player on what we all would have been happy to keep Pryor on isn't something to cry about.

Has Britt had any off the field issues lately?

I remember him getting suspended a lot when he played for the Titans.

Bar fights and stuff.

Reformed character isn't he, at least I recall reading that on occasions last year

How underwhelming and "So Browns".. They really are trying for 0-16 this upcoming season.

Yep. I like the signing IF Pryor was on the team. He'd be a valuable asset, and we'd have Pryor, Britt, and Coleman. A real WR corp. Alas...we now have Britt and Coleman, and three other dweebs we wasted picks on last year. And yes, I realize they were rookies, but I don't think any of them have what it takes. I hope I'm wrong. Hell, COLEMAN might not have what it takes.

What a Browns thing to do..

Let's get rid of an up-and-coming WR in Pryor for an underwhelming vet in Britt..

It's like TJ Ward and Donte Whitner all over again! > :(

How is Pryor an "up and coming WR" when they're the same age?? Britt has more than one season of production under his belt and if Pryor is really trying to get $10+ million per year, then Britt is a much better signing.

How is Pryor an "up and coming WR" when they're the same age?? Britt has more than one season of production under his belt and if Pryor is really trying to get $10+ million per year, then Britt is a much better signing.

Yeah but Kenny Britt didn't go to OSU so people don't like him as much...

Archived