THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt signing with the Browns

LondonBrown

How is Pryor an "up and coming WR" when they're the same age?? Britt has more than one season of production under his belt and if Pryor is really trying to get $10+ million per year, then Britt is a much better signing.

Actually Pryor is 27, Britt is 28

Pryor in his first season as a WR is already better than Kenny "Brittle".

Britt has been mediocre at best. His only 1000 yard season was last year!

Pryor had just as good as a year as Britt has had.. This is a head scratcher..

I would rather spend the extra 3-4 mil a year for a guy who is a year younger, and has more upside than this sup-par player we just got..

This is Ward/Whitner all over again!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather spend the extra 3-4 mil a year for a guy who is a year younger, and has more upside than this sup-par player we just got..

That one year younger doesn't mean shit. They're essentially the same age. Pryor may have more upside, but he has a whole ton of downside as well. He has one year as a WR and might regress and you want to give him $12 million a year and pay him like one of hte best receivers in football, that's just crazy. Take off the OSU glasses. He over estimated his worth and the team moved on and paid someone else with similiar production the money that he turned down.

Surprises me every time when a Coordinator changes teams and brings a player from the opposite squad with him.

Kenny Britt..... for 17mil? Really?!?

Guaranteed money? Over 4-years? Not seeing the issue with that figure... and it might not all be "really guaranteed". Package average is $8mm/yr.

Pretty solid for a #2 on the outside.

Ding Ding Ding... for 6 of his 8 seasons with the other two lost due to injury.

Pryor - 77 catches, 1004 yards, 4TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

Britt - 68 catches, 1002 yards, 5TDs (with a carousel of mediocrity throwing the ball)

Roughly the same age, height, weight, etc.

One year older... seven more years experience at the position. But it's not certain to be an either/or situation just yet...

That one year younger doesn't mean shit. They're essentially the same age. Pryor may have more upside, but he has a whole ton of downside as well. He has one year as a WR and might regress and you want to give him $12 million a year and pay him like one of hte best receivers in football, that's just crazy. Take off the OSU glasses. He over estimated his worth and the team moved on and paid someone else with similiar production the money that he turned down.

It took Britt 8 fucking years to amass 1000 yards and we just pissed 8mil a year on him..

TP is more than likely going to be gone now..

Can't wait until he falls back to Earth next year and puts up 700 yards of mediocrity and dropped passes...

At least we signed JC Tretter. Way better than that fuckstick Erving

I like Britt, but signing him so early in FA makes me all warm and fuzzy about the 17 WRs taken in last year's draft.

I like Britt, but signing him so early in FA makes me all warm and fuzzy about the 17 WRs taken in last year's draft.

They will probably say f it and draft Mike Williams as well.

Wonder if this gives them leverage on TP. They're still in negotiations and this levels the "You need me" card, with a "I've already implemented a contingency" card.

WTF, buying scraps again. IF this is with Pryor is meh ok. If it's instead of Pryor someone needs fired today. 1) We have to demonstrate willingness to pay players to keep them 2) 1000 yards 5 TD's is Britts career best , it's Pryors floor in first year a a receiver. I expected better I really did.

Britt is basically the same age as Pryor....so as far as it being someone's floor or ceiling....they both stand about in equal status as far as I am concerned.

I don't think Pryor's ability to learn the position is any better or worse than Britt's.

But...if they can have both...sure...why not?

(if that were the case...the guy that loses out possibly: Josh Gordon on his comeback attempt. Though I may still keep him too if I were the Browns. WTF. Better than like Rannell Hall or something)

What a Browns thing to do..

Let's get rid of an up-and-coming WR in Pryor for an underwhelming vet in Britt..

It's like TJ Ward and Donte Whitner all over again! > :(

Big age difference there though....not so with Pryor/Britt. 9 month age difference.

Britt born Sept. 1988. Pryor born June 1989. If they went to high school together they probably would have been in the same class.

Britt born Sept. 1988. Pryor born June 1989. If they went to high school together they probably would have been in the same class.

Dont confuse the OSU homers with facts. Pryor is the next Randy Moss....and Britt sucks..

Dont confuse the OSU homers with facts. Pryor is the next Randy Moss....and Britt sucks..

Well....I am just going by their ages...and noted they really were not at all far apart. And I don't know if it is OSU homerism. I just think people saw a bit of a ray of light in TP. But, a ray of light is not the same as a blazing sun. TP wants "I'm a blazing sun" money...not ray of light money.

Well....I am just going by their ages...and noted they really were not at all far apart. And I don't know if it is OSU homerism. I just think people saw a bit of a ray of light in TP. But, a ray of light is not the same as a blazing sun. TP wants "I'm a blazing sun" money...not ray of light money.

Their ages and one player has years of production as a WR and one is a 1 year player at the position who wants to be paid like a top 5 receiver in the league.

just saw this on twitter...

Browns Daily: "Terrelle Pryor sill in play, despite Britt news. Offer from CLE best on table so far. Market not what he expected."

Their ages and one player has years of production as a WR and one is a 1 year player at the position who wants to be paid like a top 5 receiver in the league.

just saw this on twitter...

Browns Daily: "Terrelle Pryor sill in play, despite Britt news. Offer from CLE best on table so far. Market not what he expected."

CBD also said we're still in the lead for Zeitler

Britt, Tretter, Pryor, and Zeitler would make it a pretty decent free agency period for the Browns

Britt, Tretter, Pryor, and Zeitler would make it a pretty decent free agency period for the Browns

And don't forget Collins

And Bitonio.

Even without Pryor it would be pretty good. It would mean that in the draft the Browns would be not be after WR/OL...and probably not RBs unless very late. (and remember...Crowell was UDFA). They would be defense heavy...and get a QB...and maybe a TE.

I could see them using their 11 picks...2 on offense....9 on defense.

Bito was not FA yet by any means...was he? He has only been in the league now 2 years. This year would be his third. Still a good move to lock him up.

Collins definitely though.

He was not, but signing a key young player before they enter a contract year is not a very browns move, and this is a nice departure from that, along with those other signings.

This signing isn't anything other than the prod for TP and his agent to get back to the negotiating table. Britt won't earn any PT other than ST anyway.. he's not good.

WalterFootball rates this a Millen F- grade for great reasons..

Imagine that...some website doesn't like a FA signing. Other football experts are calling it a great signing. The guy had 1000 yards receiving on a shit team. Just like Pryor last year. Pryor wants 12 million a year...Britt was signed for 8... same age, same production 4 million dollars saved. Doesn't take a harvard nerd to figure out that it's not a terrible signing.

My problem with Britt compared to TP is that Britt has a laundry list of problems. He's known to be chronically lazy, hurt, and apathetic to playing the position. As Walterfootball hints at, it's not a coincidence he had his best year in a contract year knowing this was his chance at big money.

I'm very anxious (with great precedent) that Britt will loaf because he got his "retirement" money and we just signed another Bowe. That's why I'd much rather have TP because I believe he's going to be a lot more hungry and provide similar production. It has nothing to do with OSU ties at all.

What a weird move .....

the superbowl champs have been more active than the 1-15 team in FA so far ....Gilmore is a huge pick up for them

I hear you, but hey, the Browns have to show the rest of the league they have their $hit together. Obviously, the Browns need to sell themselves and rid the stench stigma, it's going to take time.

This draft is huge. If they draft well, and coach well, play well, then it may be a popular FA destination.

I hope they keep Pryor, but Rosenhaus always asks for the moon. I don't think any of the 32 teams are comfortable with him as an agent.

Bito was not FA yet by any means...was he? He has only been in the league now 2 years. This year would be his third. Still a good move to lock him up.

Collins definitely though.

See below.

He was not, but signing a key young player before they enter a contract year is not a very browns move, and this is a nice departure from that, along with those other signings.

Could the Browns have learned from past mistakes not locking up Mack & Schwartz to long term deals when they had the chance? Could this mean we're sticking with R Glass? Stay tuned, I believe we have to pay his roster bonus the end of the week, so the answer will be obvious by then. It would also mean if we keep Griffin, we told New England to pound salt on what they want for Garropolo.

PS If they get Zietler, we will have a very studly OL, and the Bengals are in deep doo-doo. Dalton will be watching much of the game flat on his back. .

it's not a terrible signing.

Andre Rison was not a terrible signing - until the games started, when it was clear that he just wanted to collect a paycheck and loaf around.

Walrus was not a terrible GM selection - until his first day of work, when it was clear that he just wanted to collect a paycheck and loaf around.

The same will be true of Britt. Of course it's good if he replicates the same effort as in his FA year.. but he won't.

Archived