THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny Britt signing with the Browns

LondonBrown

Kenny's been a solid #2 WR for years. He got solid #2 money.

I don't get all the consternation...

Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it looks like the Browns picked Britt over Pryor and because Pryor went to OSU, he is the second coming of Randy Moss and Jerry Rice and the Browns need to keep him at any cost.

I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

"he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

Just been reported he has now left Washington without a deal, him and his agent are clearly acting like morons

Drew Rosenhaus is his agent.

With the definition in the dictionary of moron...they show his photo (or is that with the definition of "Asshole"...I think that may be it)

I've literally said this twice now but I'll repeat yet again

"he has a marked history of loafing and under preforming. That's what worries me as noted in my other comment-the dude balled out to get a big contract and will go right back to his normal ways again. His history clearly makes that a valid concern to consider"

I'm all in with these guys, but stop acting like everyone just hates it because of a boner they have for OSU. What I've written above is a legitimate concern.

So then why are you pretending Pryor has no red flags? Do you simply dismiss his childish behavior as "wanting to win"?

Tell me again how Pryor is a to 3 WR after one year....?

are we debating which is the better value or the better WR?.....

Id think, no matter what, we'd want the better receiver.....

I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

Did not even need pink font for that...

I have zero issues with spending Haslems $$$.....would prefer it goes to "improving" the team, as opposed to meeting a budget...

If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.

And Therein lies an issue...Cause the people who are spending haslams money have someone to answer to...You, do not. So I'm trying to gauge your righteousness in judgement and the parameters are kinda...Trivial.

The people who are spending Haslem's money have to answer to the fans, especially lifelong fans like Mud. I would hope in the end we hear better explanations down the road about what they have been doing since coming into the FO. Any day now I expect to hear "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or "There have been no contacts with the Russians by our staff". We've already heard, "Trust me on this one."

Has Britt had any off the field issues lately?

I remember him getting suspended a lot when he played for the Titans.

Bar fights and stuff.

Britt was drafted at #30 overall. He had a lot of Josh Gordon stupidity in him early (see below). Like Josh Gordon being a more likable kid than Manziel - Britt was a way more likable screw-up than Pac Man Jones. Today, those mess ups seem to be way fewer and far between after his career got cornered into a choice of park it underachieved or giddy up. In 2016, he had the most receptions and yardage in his career. TN got the immature young man who showed up feeling entitled we look to be getting an experienced veteran entering his best football...

Rolling Stone Magazine's 34 Wildest NFL Crimes Nobody Knows About: Kenny Britt, July 20th, 2012

Titans receiver Kenny Britt was arrested for the seventh time of his young career last year when he was charged with drunk driving after trying to pass through a security gate at Fort Campbell Army post in Kentucky. While he was found not guilty, it seems like Britt is actively trying to remind fans of his rap sheet: arrest for two outstanding warrants (2011); resisting arrest in New Jersey after police suspected him of trying to hide a marijuana cigar (2011); eluding police in a car chase (2011); theft by deception (2011); misdemeanor driving without a valid license (2010); and, not to be forgotten, three outstanding traffic warrants (2010).

Too bad Josh Gordon's remaining 2 brain cells never found the same marriage counselor Britt's did. Isn't there a HC in NE that cures all behavioral flaws and addictions? That could close the Garapollo trade sale but that would count on Goodell to help us or NE at the speed of park.

Cool story...

Imagine that...A Homer chimes in to profess how awesome Pryor is...Never saw that coming ?

Pryor may have hit his ceiling...You can't possibly know if he has or not after 1 OK year.

What I do know is Britts ceiling. Would I have payed $2MM a year more to find out if Pryor continued to improve? Yes. Is it because he is OSU alum? For me fuck no as I said there are no allegiances for me between college and NFL. . Save your 12 yo "cool story" assumptions

Yes. Is it because he is OSU alum? For me fuck no

Funny how I keep hearing people imply that Pryor is loved because he went to OSU....

which, to me, just shows how ignorant folks can be....

As an OSU fan, I and many many others actually HATED Pryor and wished he'd go away....and when the Browns first signed him, I(we) stepped up to tell folks what an entitled prick Pryor was....(and still is, apparently)....

So Id say....with Pryor.....the homer accusations are way off base......

If you think Pryor is clearly "better", then make your case. I've made mine as have others.

I dont....have no issues with Pryor leaving.....just think it's funny how fans haggle over someone elses $$$....

example......"I like Pryor at $8m, but Ill be pissed if they give him $12M""....???.....wtf?....

I say "who cares" what they get paid......just get me the best players....not the best "deals"....

Kap....eeeeeesh?

side note: ....Britt is an extremely unexciting signing.....honestly..... dont hate it, but dont love it either.....just ho hum......plus, I sense a little of the Schwartz pull back coming into play here......Im thinking someone on the Browns is a little sensitive and a little reactive......

side note: ....Britt is an extremely unexciting signing.....honestly..... dont hate it, but dont love it either.....just ho hum......plus, I sense a little of the Schwartz pull back coming into play here......Im thinking someone on the Browns is a little sensitive and a little reactive......

It kinda reminds me of Brian Hartline signing. A middle tier, presumed WR2 on a middling contract with solid but unspectacular historical output.

Maybe outside of Jeff FIsher's inability to put an offense on the field he'll excel, I certainly hope so, but maybe not.

It kinda reminds me of Brian Hartline signing. A middle tier, presumed WR2 on a middling contract with solid but unspectacular historical output.

Yep......exactly....(cept Britt gets paid a lot more)

We are making huge gains at the WR position.......

I dont....have no issues with Pryor leaving.....just think it's funny how fans haggle over someone elses $$$....

example......"I like Pryor at $8m, but Ill be pissed if they give him $12M""....???.....wtf?....

I say "who cares" what they get paid......just get me the best players....not the best "deals"....

Kap....eeeeeesh?

Who's kidding who here? Recruiting the best FA WR available is a piece of cake. We have a 1-15 football team without a starting QB after 3 or 4 different QBs couldn't survive starts (sometimes more than once for those that didn't land on IR like Whitehurst). Our defense ranked with anchors (especially in points allowed) setting up a very reasonable margin of error for all our victims behind Center. We have a 32 year old TE that runs at the speed of park, after our most talented WR was told he was finally cleared to play football again - he didn't play football again for another full season. What could possibly go wrong here on NFL Easy Street? Line up to sign up WRs. All that considering, we could have done worse than Kenny Britt like Dwayne Bowe...

At least we have Crow attracting some respectable FAs on the Offensive Line while we're also getting Bitonio back healthy.

Who's kidding who here? Recruiting the best FA WR available is a piece of cake. We have a 1-15 football team without a starting QB after 3 or 4 different QBs couldn't survive starts (sometimes more than once for those that didn't land on IR like Whitehurst). Our defense ranked with anchors (especially in points allowed) setting up a very reasonable margin of error for all our victims behind Center. We have a 32 year old TE that runs at the speed of park, after our most talented WR was told he was finally cleared to play football again - he didn't play football again for another full season. What could possibly go wrong here on NFL Easy Street? Line up to sign up WRs. All that considering, we could have done worse than Kenny Britt like Dwayne Bowe...

At least we have Crow attracting some respectable FAs on the Offensive Line while we're also getting Bitonio back healthy.

Whos' kidding who where?!....... your point is exactly what...???

Funny how I keep hearing people imply that Pryor is loved because he went to OSU....

which, to me, just shows how ignorant folks can be....

As an OSU fan, I and many many others actually HATED Pryor and wished he'd go away....and when the Browns first signed him, I(we) stepped up to tell folks what an entitled prick Pryor was....(and still is, apparently)....

So Id say....with Pryor.....the homer accusations are way off base......

Couldn't agree more. The other side is when Braylon Edwards asserted that the fans didn't like him because he went to Michigan....

No, Braylon, the fans didn't like you because what you brought to the team wasnt worth what the Browns invested in you, not even close.

Had Braylon averaged 12 TDs a year for a decade, there would be Edwards jerseys everyfuckingwhere.

Yep......exactly....(cept Britt gets paid a lot more)

We are making huge gains at the WR position.......

The difference is one guy is coming off his career best year in receptions and yardage while the other was previously being phased out in Miami.

I do agree we are making huge gains over looking to has beens like Brian Hartline and the Dwayne Bowe at 12 million $ when all his best football was in the rear view mirror.

As for the Ohio State homer thing, people were busting Clevfanforlife's balls about his protest of letting Pryor go I think.

The difference is one guy is coming off his career best year in receptions and yardage while the other was previously being phased out in Miami.

I do agree we are making huge gains over looking to has beens like Brian Hartline and the Dwayne Bowe at 12 million $ when all his best football was in the rear view mirror.

As for the Ohio State homer thing, people were busting Clevfanforlife's balls about his protest of letting Pryor go I think.

Fluges....you keep going on. as if we are disparaging this signing.....no one is slamming it....just not jumping up and down....sheesh

I said it's "ok".....not great....not terrible....yet you claim it's more?.....is that the point your making here?....its a great signing?

To me....its a lateral move....1000 yrds for a 1000 yds.....Benji to Pryor to Britt....no uptick....no drop off.....etc

Agree on the signing and that we also pulled Pryor's contract offer. The difference between us is that I am glad we moved on.

It looks like our FO has nailed one of our biggest UFA's value two years running... with a slight premium. Then after a short period of that UFA shopping, we moved on. I'm not sure how long we are supposed to wait.

If in another week there's still no UFA resigning and good replacements are signed by other teams, what then?

The only difference between the two cases is I miss Mitchell.

Agree on the signing and that we also pulled Pryor's contract offer. The difference between us is that I am glad we moved on.

It looks like our FO has nailed one of our biggest UFA's value two years running... with a slight premium. Then after a short period of that UFA shopping, we moved on. I'm not sure how long we are supposed to wait.

If in another week there's still no UFA resigning and good replacements are signed by other teams, what then?

The only difference between the two cases is I miss Mitchell.

We are seeing the same thing....you just say it nicer.....;)

The improvement I see is that we handed it to someone else this year.....which makes it feel more like a win.....

....as opposed to taking our ball home and not getting to play at all...

The people who are spending Haslem's money have to answer to the fans, especially lifelong fans like Mud. I would hope in the end we hear better explanations down the road about what they have been doing since coming into the FO. Any day now I expect to hear "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or "There have been no contacts with the Russians by our staff". We've already heard, "Trust me on this one."

Or..I did not have sex with those Russian women"

Couldn't agree more. The other side is when Braylon Edwards asserted that the fans didn't like him because he went to Michigan....

No, Braylon, the fans didn't like you because what you brought to the team wasnt worth what the Browns invested in you, not even close.

Had Braylon averaged 12 TDs a year for a decade, there would be Edwards jerseys everyfuckingwhere.

We started not liking him when he dropped every other ball thrown to him and when he got himself into stupid trouble off the field.

Both of these are true. Braylon and Winslow II took the wrath of the Cleveland faithful back when fans still believed the organization could be successful. Both played with lackluster QBs. Here's the comparison for both player's first full year with the Browns

Edwards 61 Rec 125 Att 884 yards 16.1 ypc 6 TDs

Pryor 77 Rec 140 Att 1007 yards 13.1 ypc 4 TDs

Edwards was hearing the boo birds a year and a half removed from actually being a top 5 WR and people are disappointed Pryor isn't getting $40 million.

No denying that Edwards and Anderson combined to produce one magical season... but every time I picture Baylon in my mind he's dropping a pass.

Have I mentioned more than ten times that I wanted to trade them both after that magical season?

Archived