THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns picks over next two years

LondonBrown

Currently have eight in the first two rounds. Three first rounders and five second rounders.

Yes they have to get them right etc but it feels like now or never for this franchise. They'll never have a better chance to get this team going in the right direction.

The QB will be the absolute key of this whole re-Boot..Our divisional teams are still full of aging veterans & there QB's are not getting any younger either..Need the Big Boot behind center. but we got better pieces around it today..Baby Steps took a big step today..

I don't think we have a blockbuster brewing, I think we're re-upping our ammo for next year. If anything, I'm hoping this means we don't trade down too much in the draft this year, although I'm still expecting it.

Future assests are the name of the game now.

OR could they be stockpiling for a qb next year???

Possiblity.

With Garrett added this year - some DBs would be nice - Browns D might actually win them some games.

With a mid-teens #1 next year, they could package some of those #2s to move up and get a QB.

Wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't 'the plan' (roughly) since last year when this FO was put together.

One of the points on NFL Live yesterday is that this many picks cannot be used to draft individual players beyond year 2 of a rebuild. To do so would turn over the roster too fast, keep it too young to ever develop into a successful playoff team. So that leaves using the accumulated picks as currency to trade for players or higher picks.

I agree for the most part, but that two-year limit is contingent upon drafting well both of those years. This is our year two and I think most here agree that our year one draft was OK at best.

Combine that with our growing confidence in our FO's ability to evaluate player worth (Schwartz and TP) and I feel pretty good about letting them determine the most effective path to our next QB.

And I would not be surprised to see that path have more than one branch... just as a hedge.

The QB will be the absolute key of this whole re-Boot..Our divisional teams are still full of aging veterans & there QB's are not getting any younger either..Need the Big Boot behind center. but we got better pieces around it today..Baby Steps took a big step today..

More and more though it may be possible that that QB will be someone they may want to after in next year's draft...not this year's.

Darnold

Rosen etc.

More and more though it may be possible that that QB will be someone they may want to after in next year's draft...not this year's.

Darnold

Rosen etc.

NFL Network speculated on that saying the Browns may be building the way Seattle did, build the rest of the team first, then drop in a QB who is not under pressure to "save" the franchise, just get 17 or so completions a game. We have addressed our OL very well so far and if we go "all in" on a D with this strong defensive draft, then we have our answer. BO in the meantime can try to rekindle his prospects with a guy who loves the taller QBs. That latter was my thought, not theirs.

** shudders **

Please, keep thoughts like that last one to yourself...

You know how allergic I am too long motions and slow releases...

** shudders **

Please, keep thoughts like that last one to yourself...

You know how allergic I am too long motions and slow releases...

LOL Gip ( that would be OL, OL for you Tour) ^_^

Since we have him and released RG III, there is now no harm in trying if we do not acquire anyone else in FA or draft. Would you just rather have Kessler/Hogan?

Since we have him and released RG III, there is now no harm in trying if we do not acquire anyone else in FA or draft. Would you just rather have Kessler/Hogan?

Absolutely, but I can't see us not taking a QB at some point of the draft... even if we grab an FA or make a trade.

Based on some of the dirt surfacing in HOU, I don't think I want Brockweiler in my QB room.

Kess v Hogan? I was thinking about that a bit ago. I have to go Kess

With all the 2nds the next 2 years. Woukd it be possible to trade a few 2nds for a 15-32 range for another player. Not sure how the points add up.

Sure... problem is using which chart? Can get very expensive, if use the old, JJohnson one and you're talking about the 15 end of your range.

NFL Network speculated on that saying the Browns may be building the way Seattle did, build the rest of the team first, then drop in a QB who is not under pressure to "save" the franchise, just get 17 or so completions a game.

Couldn't agree more.

Kudos to the FO if this was their plan since last year... and moreso since they seem to have convinced Haslam that you can't build solely through the draft if you want a quicker turn around.

It's the right thing to do for every team without a QB. Run the ball and play good defense to stay competitive till the day you luck into a QB. If ya prioritize QB over everything else, you merely create an environment that makes it more difficult for a young QB to succeed.

Archived