THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 2&3 ** 2017 Browns Board Mock Draft ** Rounds 2&3

Tour2ma

WIth the 47th pick in the 2017 NFL draft, Ozzie Newsome lets a consensus first-round talent fall to him in the second round.

Dawuane Smoot, DE/OLB, Illinois

And once again, Ravens have addressed their top 2 needs in order with the first 2 picks. Although they won't win the 2017 draft, they won't be far behind whoever's at the top.

Smoot is moot. Lol

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft, with the 48th overall pick- The Minnesota Vikings select; Marcus Williams, Safety out of Utah.

With the 49th pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Washington Redskins demonstrate uncharacteristic competence. This guy is also a mid-end of the first round talent.

Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan

Their DL this past year was Chris Baker and a bunch of nobodies.. and Baker was signed by TB in free agency. The DL they've signed in free agency quite seriously wouldn't make the Browns roster.

With the 50th Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

Alvin Kamara - Running Back - Tennessee

With doubts over Doug Martin the Buccs strengthen at a position of need

Taking a chance here.....based upon tours earlier picks.....the browns wont be selecting another DE.....just a hunch....(tour, if you want my guy, you can have him and I ll pick another tonight)......

So, with the 53rd pick......the Detroit Lions select.....CARL LAWSON....DE.....AUBURN

Good guess...

With the 52nd pick.... the Browns select... Josh Jones (SS) NC

PM sent to Z....

Tried to send one to gumby as well, but...

The following errors were found

The member gumby73 cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

bb on the spot...

FYI to all...

When on-line I am now sending PMs to:

• the next on-the-clock;
  • the on deck; and
  • the in-the-hole.

The the person making the prior pick wants to send any or all, please feel free, but please note that you have in your pick post.

After this past pick, #59, here are the Top Dozen prospects still on the board per the CBS Sports ranking (number is overall player rank)

22. Sidney Jones CB Washington....recent achilles tear

27. Evan Engram...TE Ole Miss

36. TreDavious White CB LSU

45. Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech

46. Dan Feeney OG Indiana

47. Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma

49. Desmond King FS Iowa

51. Adam Shaheen TE Ashland (small OH. school)

52. Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado

54. Carlos Watkins DT Clemson

56. Dorian Jackson OG Pitt

58. Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington

With pick 2.30 the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Chidobe Awuzie (CB) Colorado

PMs sent to gftChris and ConnerL

With the 1st Pick in the 3rd Round of the 2017 Browns Board Mock, the Cleveland Browns select:

Sidney Jones (CB) - Washington

Could be ready by camp, but if we have to wait a year, we can... small price for a 1st Round talent taken in Round 3... now or never - won't last until next Browns' pick.

Over to Ag... which is me... by proxy...

With the 2nd Pick in the 3rd Round of the 2017 Browns Board Mock, the 49ers select:

Patrick "Oh Give Me" Mahomes (QB) - TxTech

With the 3rd Pick in the 3rd Round of the 2017 Browns Board Mock, the da Bearse select:

Dorian Johnson (OG) - Pitt

PMs sent:

• Gip on the clock...
  • LondonB on deck...
  • gftChris in the hole...

With the 4th pick in the Third Round, (#68?) the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Adam Shaheen TE Ashland College. (D-II school just down I-71 from most of NEOhio)

(ranked #51 overall by CBS sports)

He is 6'6 278. I have given now Bortles a TE and a RB. If he can't make hay with these guys then perhaps this will be his last year.

STRENGTHS Enormous frame for a tight end. Powerfully built, well-proportioned frame. Accomplished high school hooper who brings the same footwork to the field. Has good sink into breaks and can make sharp cuts coming out. Has foot quickness for clever stutter-and-go double moves to uncover against linebackers. Above average speed and acceleration for his size. Creates leverage points against man coverage before breaking his routes off and pulling away. Moved all over the field. Was isolated for fade routes near endzone. Plus hand-eye coordination and shows ability to alter body positioning to improve catch-odds while ball-tracking.Trusted in pass protection. Sees twists and blitzes and responds to them. Needs work as run blocker but has desired frame of a Y-tight end.

WEAKNESSES Physically overwhelmed a lower level of competition. Upper body is stiff and mechanical in his routes. Hasn't learned how to utilize hands to free himself against press. Gets jammed up in his release and can be knocked off the timing of his patterns. Will need to learn to adjust in space in order to maneuver past traffic. In need of his fair share of technique work as a run blocker. Ducks head into initial contact. Finds himself lunging and chasing when asked to climb to second level.

SOURCES TELL US "I watched him for two games and turned the tape off because I want to see him live in Indy before I develop any more of an opinion of him. I saw some things that has me very excited." - AFC pro personnel director

NFL COMPARISON Vance McDonald

BOTTOM LINE

Big, fast and athletic, Shaheen will immediately interest teams who are looking for size and traits. He's a poorer blocker than what might be expected for a player with his frame, but he's also a much more dangerous pass catching target. The jump in competition will be substantial and teams will expect him to become a more consistent blocker, but he's a pass catching tight end in a Y-tight end's body. Shaheen has starting potential with an ability to impact a passing game early in his career.

With the 5th pick in the Third Round,(#69) The Los Angeles Rams select:

TreDavious White CB LSU (ranked #36 overall by CBS)

STRENGTHS Experienced island corner with slot reps over last two seasons. Quick twitch with exceptional footwork. Uses controlled hop-steps from press for extended face-up against receivers. Patient in press and rarely commits prematurely. Uses reactive quickness for quick recovery when beaten from slot. Pattern reader will jump path of route and attack throw. Plus click-and-close burst to ball. Impressive 15 passes defensed on 42 targets in 2016. Stop-start change of direction allows him to shadow in tight quarters. Sticky coverage on crossers and intermediate routes. Rose to challenge in coverage of Amari Cooper in 2014 and Calvin Ridley in 2016. Improved willingness to attack line of scrimmage and do his part against the run. Awarded coveted No. 18 jersey at LSU, symbolizing success and selfless attitude on and off the field. Three-year punt returner with a return touchdown in each season. Was also used as a gunner.

WEAKNESSES Finesse cornerback with relatively slender frame. Physicality and play strength a concern from slot. Big-bodied slot targets will post him up in space and drive him off the line in run game. Tackles when necessary, but doesn't seek out contact. Less technique-oriented and more grabby from slot. Finished career with just six interceptions despite extensive playing time. Early anchor from off coverage caused struggles opening hips when receivers would stem and go. Recovery-quick but not recovery-fast. Texas Tech speedster Jakeem Grant gave him all kinds of vertical work in 2015 Texas Bowl.

SOURCES TELL US "He's kind of soft, but he can cover. He's not really what our team looks for because we play so much sub packages and he would have to be a better tackler to be on the field that much. He's a fit for what some teams do though. Like I said, he can cover." -- Regional scout with NFC team

NFL COMPARISON Tracy Porter

BOTTOM LINE

Full-time starter for better part of four years and one of the premier mirror-and-match cornerbacks in the game. Has the feet, athleticism and instincts for prolonged coverage responsibilities and his twitch will always have him near the throw. Best suited for all forms of man coverage. Should compete as special teams performer. Lacks run-support physicality to be an every-down corner, but he's talented enough to challenge for slot duties right away.

From this description he is more Deion Sanders than someone who is a heavy hitter.

Top Dozen not yet drafted per CBS Sports:

47. Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma

49. Desmond King FS Iowa

54. Carlos Watkins DT Clemson

58. Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington

59. Taylor Moton OT West. Michigan

60. Larry Ogunjobi DT Charlotte

61. Duke Riley OLB LSU

62. Tarell Basham DE Ohio U.

63. Gerald Everett TE South Alabama

64. Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan

65. Tyrus Bowser OLB Houston

66. Roderick Johnson OT Florida St.

It's 10:10 PM London time. Might yet see a pick or two coming in, but surely will by morning in America...

PMs sent to LondonB, gftC and ConnerL...

With their first pick of the draft (unless they trade a backup QB or something), the Patriots select:

Kevin King, DB, Washington

I've gone back and forth over this one and literally had typed another name here (who knows, maybe he'll still be there at the end of the round), but King's size and speed help him in Billy B's matchup based style of football, and his experience at corner, slot and safety also give him the positional flexibility emporer Belpatine so loves.

Archived