THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler

cambridgeho

With the new beefing up of the line. How do you feel about Kessler taking the reigns? The kid played fairly well with what he had to work with. He was also pretty damn tough. I hope we keep him and see what he can do with an Oline. Thoughts? Shit can his ass or try to develope?

You have 3 young QBs on the Roster now. Oz, Kessler and Hogan. That's a good little group of hard workers. We'll see if we add another QB in the draft and let the cream rise to the top. It's a good problem.

You have 3 young QBs on the Roster now. Oz, Kessler and Hogan. That's a good little group of hard workers. We'll see if we add another QB in the draft and let the cream rise to the top. It's a good problem.

Really surprised. Hogan is still around. With Brock, part of me want to see if Hue can do something with, and part of me says wtf, Hue told everyone last year that Kessler was worth the early pick and to trust him on it. So who knows. At least we are active and beefed up the line.

I'm all for seeing what we have in Kessler. I saw a rookie thrown into a terrible situation, getting concussed every time he took a snap, and yet he was our best performer (not saying much, I know). He passed the eye test for me and given the potential cost/risk in Garoppolo and the lack of talent in this class/the presumed amazing talent in next years QB class, I'd be happy to see him start come week 1.

With the new beefing up of the line. How do you feel about Kessler taking the reigns? The kid played fairly well with what he had to work with. He was also pretty damn tough. I hope we keep him and see what he can do with an Oline. Thoughts? Shit can his ass or try to develope?

Captain Checkdown? No thanks. Time to move on from that failed experiment.

The best thing for Kessler this off season is he has enough game tape of himself to see what he missed on.What Hue seen that Kess did not, at getting the ball down field. MHO--The kid showed a lot of guts with What was around him. It sure the hell was not the Dallas OL with weapons like Prescott had. Wentz saw the same as Kess when his OL fell apart. He's a 3rd round pick in 1st season not holding a clipboard. I'll take it for now & on to year 2. No Manning's were built in a year nor drafted in the 3rd round. but they won some games throwing accurate wobblers too..

I really like Kessler as a backup. What we got out of a "over drafted" 3rd rd. rookie was far better than any of us imagined. He played smart and took care of the ball, but his physical limitations will be a glass ceiling for him in terms of being a starting nfl QB.

Captain Checkdown? No thanks. Time to move on from that failed experiment.

Failed experiment? He was pressed into action behind a makeshift line and wasn't horrible. Behind the 2017 OL, and with his year of experience, he should be much improved. He threw better than RGIII...that guy is a failed experiment.

Well, if we use this draft to create the monster defense it could get interesting how this revamped O does if they get the ball more often. This is going to be fun watching what they do with the draft. Seattle created a team both sides of the ball and then dropped in the QB. Looks to me like the Browns FO may have studied that model. The draft will tell.

Kessler is the only QB currently on the roster that has a greater than 50% chance he will remain with the team. He has a high ceiling if he can continue to improve. For now, a pretty good back-up.

I believe RG3 will be cut and BO will be traded. Browns will draft a QB at 12 (or higher) and sign a veteran that will be acquired in a trade - either JG or Cousins.

Right now, the Harvard "sharks" are smelling blood in the Washington waters.

If you were the Redskins, just fired your GM, and tired of dealing with an unhappy KC, wouldn't you consider a trade for BO (at half his salary), #12 overall pick, and a second rounder in 2018?

Basically the Browns get KC for a fourth round draft choice and the 1st rounder acquired as part of last year's draft move-back.

Behind this OL the way it is shaping up and a power run game... with his PAP skills I certainly think Kess sticks and gets a chance to compete, but ultimately I think his arm limitations doom him to a back-up role.

Backup status for him.

If you were the Redskins, just fired your GM, and tired of dealing with an unhappy KC, wouldn't you consider a trade for BO (at half his salary), #12 overall pick, and a second rounder in 2018?

Basically the Browns get KC for a fourth round draft choice and the 1st rounder acquired as part of last year's draft move-back.

imo way to much for cousins. Oswiler, the #2 from the texans, and another 2 maybe

Glad the RG3 experiment is over.

I wasn't opposed to them taking a flier on him...I mean, there was 'some' chance that he could be good. But he wasn't. He wasn't accurate...he wasn't smart and I didn't even like the way he threw the ball.

Brock, to me, is the current unproclaimed starter.

Glad the RG3 experiment is over.

I wasn't opposed to them taking a flier on him...I mean, there was 'some' chance that he could be good. But he wasn't. He wasn't accurate...he wasn't smart and I didn't even like the way he threw the ball.

Brock, to me, is the current unproclaimed starter.

i agree with you on the RGIII...he didn't cost much and if he worked out we had a franchise QB for not much investment. Wish it would've worked but it didn't...thanks for the effort, good luck on your future team.

Brock won't stay on the team I don't think but I guess, we could keep him. Let him and Concussler battle it out and if we draft a guy, the 3 of them can battle it out. We're paying Brick anyways....so why not use him if he can play a bit.

Behind this OL the way it is shaping up and a power run game... with his PAP skills I certainly think Kess sticks and gets a chance to compete, but ultimately I think his arm limitations doom him to a back-up role.

Ultimately, probly right.

But given what he has shown up till now, I hope the front office is a little intrigued. A full offseason and a few games of film under his belt gives him the edge over any of the rookies we could draft insofar as the ability to command the huddle and run an NFL offense.

If he demonstrates a uncanny knack for anticipation and timing coupled with the work ethic and intelligence for the game, then he may break the mold. Not many ever have tho...

I get that he doesn't have a great arm, just think he should get a shot to demonstrate that he's not our QB than to assume he's not.

Here's some definitive proof that Kessler was a Sashi analytics pick, and Hue saying "Trust Me" was just him backing up the FO.

CLEVELAND, Ohio - In recent interviews Hue Jackson said he preferred his quarterback to stand at least 6-foot-2 and that another attribute he coveted was "arm talent."

Cody Kessler is 6-foot-1. His forte is accuracy, not arm strength.

So where does Kessler stand with the Browns and what should he do to enhance his standing?

We talked about it as part of our video debate series, Prepare for List Off.

Someone asked Jackson at the Scouting Combine how it was the Browns drafted Kessler if he didn't quite fit the mold.

"You have to play the hand you're dealt," Jackson said.

That response seems a far cry from Jackson's draft night "Trust me" about Kessler.

Maybe... but if true then Hue's a helluva actor...

His ear-to-ear grin and fist pump in the war room when pick was announced fooled me... still does.

Here's some definitive proof that Kessler was a Sashi analytics pick, and Hue saying "Trust Me" was just him backing up the FO.

CLEVELAND, Ohio - In recent interviews Hue Jackson said he preferred his quarterback to stand at least 6-foot-2 and that another attribute he coveted was "arm talent."

So where does Kessler stand with the Browns and what should he do to enhance his standing?

Someone asked Jackson at the Scouting Combine how it was the Browns drafted Kessler if he didn't quite fit the mold.

That response seems a far cry from Jackson's draft night "Trust me" about Kessler.

If all of the above was true, how do you explain Hue falling in love with 5'11" (Maybe 6'1" at best) RGIII?

Not buying it.

Hue's cards were dealt early when Hack went in the 2nd at #51 to jets. We took Naz in 3rd at #65. Kess or any QB left on board besides Prescott(if anybody knew) was to high at #77. We traded down from #77 to #93 with Panthers but Hues only other guy may have been at #91 to Pats Jaccoby Bissette(he's 6'4")..The only 2 QB's taken from #77 & Kess taken at #93..gumbylynics..

Well....in the Ostrich he certainly got his size. And his arm talent....as far as being strong armed is not a question. Of course, however, his touch/feel/accuracy...and intellect ARE questions.

Archived