THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. Jobs, Wages Show Solid Gains in Trump's First Full Month

OldBrownsFan

With our mainstream media reporting almost 90 percent negative stories on Trump just wonder how they will tell this story. Consumer confidence is high, the economy is on the upswing since Trump took office.

The MSM will find fault with everything in this administration. Even stories that are favorable they will look for the unfavorable things to report on. I saw that with the jobs Trump helped save with the Carrier plant. The MSM story on nightly news were finding fault with the amount of jobs that were claimed to be saved instead of crediting Trump for saving jobs. I have seen them do this on other stories as well. I have made a point of watching nightly news since before Trump was elected and I can honestly say I haven't seen any of their news stories that portray the Trump administration in a positive light.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-10/u-s-jobs-wages-show-solid-gains-in-trump-s-first-full-month

The left fights emotionally - as the primary motivation for fighting. That lets them flip on issues when

they ...feel like it. Hypocrisy abounds.

I would be cautious about popping the cork on the champagne, most of Trumps changes have yet to filter through. Any changes to the economy is a mixture of the previous administrations work and speculation on the effects of the new administration. (I would wait for at least 6 months before you start judging the change).

I would be cautious about popping the cork on the champagne, most of Trumps changes have yet to filter through. Any changes to the economy is a mixture of the previous administrations work and speculation on the effects of the new administration. (I would wait for at least 6 months before you start judging the change).

I think what we are seeing is optimism over what people are expecting Trump to do. Lower taxes and less regulations and that will light a fire under our economy. There is a reason we had one of the worst economic recoveries coming out of a recession under Obama with companies burdened down with excessive taxes and regulations.

biggest increase for last month; it was unseasonably warm in the North East and Midwest for the month and construction jobs increased by 58,000, not something you can directly attribute to anything Trump said or did.

Sure you can. Don't the Democrats blame Republicans for global warming?

:)

WSS

Overall the job numbers are good, but a lot of it is continued growth.

235,000 new jobs vs 190,000 expected is always good

The big increase to construction of 58,000 would depend on if these are additional jobs or jobs that would normally get added in March\April

Manufacturing increased by 28,000 continuing its current trend(57,000 since november)

and so did mining\logging up 8,000(up 20,000 since October)

Private educational has also increased by 29,000(up 105,000 over the past year)

Health Care is up by 27,000 in Feb, and up 357,000 over the past year

professional and business services in February up 37,000, and 597,0000 for the year

Retail loss 26,000 for the month

Avg hrly pay continued its roughly 2.8% and increased by $.06 an hr.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jec.nr0.htm

Trump hasn't been in office long enough for any of his policies to have made a difference yet but what we have seen since Trump's election is a huge jump in consumer confidence. Yuge.

Trump Victory Shoots Consumer Confidence to 15-Year High

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-12-27/trump-victory-shoots-consumer-confidence-to-15-year-high

Trump hasn't been in office long enough for any of his policies to have made a difference yet but what we have seen since Trump's election is a huge jump in consumer confidence. Yuge.

Trump Victory Shoots Consumer Confidence to 15-Year High

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-12-27/trump-victory-shoots-consumer-confidence-to-15-year-high

It is a good thing...but 2 things to note 1. It has been on steady climb since 2011 after it tanked from the 2008 crash and 2 last time it was this high was in 2007 right before it crashed(so hopefully that doesn't happen)

united-states-consumer-confidence.png?s=

http://www.investors...ant-you-to-see/

"While 14.4 million jobs were created from February 2010 to March 2016, the number of people who dropped out of the labor force -- either because they retired or just quit looking for work -- shot up an astonishing 10 million.

Meanwhile, the number of people who aren't in the labor force but do want to work is higher today than when Obama took office. And the median length of unemployment is now 11.4 weeks, which is also higher than when Obama took office.

In many areas of life, slow and steady will win the race. But when it comes to job growth, slow and steady ends up leaving millions of workers in the dust."

http://www.investors...ant-you-to-see/

"While 14.4 million jobs were created from February 2010 to March 2016, the number of people who dropped out of the labor force -- either because they retired or just quit looking for work -- shot up an astonishing 10 million.

Meanwhile, the number of people who aren't in the labor force but do want to work is higher today than when Obama took office. And the median length of unemployment is now 11.4 weeks, which is also higher than when Obama took office.

In many areas of life, slow and steady will win the race. But when it comes to job growth, slow and steady ends up leaving millions of workers in the dust."

Baby boomers are currently retiring in record numbers, an estimated 4 million people reach retirement age each year.

Well now, that all depends on if the change is good or bad...

In the case of THIS president, it fits with his declarations of intent to fix the tax rates and structures....etc.

Effects of it started even before his inauguration in a small way.

Archived