THE BROWNS BOARD

optimisim?

LBC mike

Yes, I have it again like every offseason. Here a couple of things.

1. Collection of draft picks.

2. Front office making a splash in FA and stirring up how things are done.

3. Changing the stigma of being a bottom feeder slowly.

4. Not going for garrrapolo. Think they are looking at a QB in next year's draft. Darnold abyone?

5. Brock. I honestly wanted him in the draft and think he has upside.

Hope Coleman had a good off season of preparation, because he is going to have to light it up. With what we have now, I am hoping OJ Howard is on our team this year. Build smart and get play makers when you can.

1. Collection of draft picks.

We had more cap to pay the roster of TB. We have paid our dues building this thing called "Draft Capital" We even took our cap to avoid NFL rules & Bought a 2nd Round Pick..I have had it building this Draft Capital..We Need To Hit on Actual Draft Picks..It's Time to Hit some Home runs from this committee of Harvard Money Balling Front Office..We have not seen a average draft since Heckert(if that even counts anymore) .

Optimistic that this FO is changing our beloved franchise's trajectory? Yes... just as I was last year... only more so.

The difference is that now I have partial confirmation. What I thought I saw amongst the dust and rubble of January, 2016 is being confirmed.

I think cap and asset Management is in good hands...Every year that goes by means more data in the analytics machine and the more valuable that data becomes. Proven negotiations and FA talent eval seems to be adequate.

If we can get adequate drafting and decent coaching, we're onto something.

Optimistic that this FO is changing our beloved franchise's trajectory? Yes... just as I was last year... only more so.

The difference is that now I have partial confirmation. What I thought I saw amongst the dust and rubble of January, 2016 is being confirmed.

Thanks Tour...very well stated.

Mike

Optimistic that this FO is changing our beloved franchise's trajectory? Yes...

Trajectory = direction....which, for 2015 & 2016, has been a death spiral......

Im am also optimistic that we are pulling out of the death spiral....and should be better this coming season....

But.....I have no precedent or indicators saying this years draft will bring strong talent or the players needed to become relevant...

Hey....hopefully they dont screw up the top pick(like last year).....and we get a stud like Garrett instead of a ???? like Coleman...

IF.....they grab a stud or 2 in FA...(real difference makers).....and draft me a couple too(w/o botching the high picks)......then my "pessimistic hopefulness" will immediately turn to true life optimism...

Ahhhhhhhh....the good ole days......when I actually believed "this is the year!!"......every year.....

I'm optimistic. It looks like Garrett will be joining, teaming with Ogbah to form a pretty solid pass rushing duo with the potential to be more than that. Danny Shelton and at worst Jamie Meder doing their thing in the middle will help Kirksey and Collins 'clean' to do their things.

Sort out the secondary (free safety and a corner please), put out at least a middle of the pack D, this new shiny OL can hopefully produce some good running game, with the obvious unanswered question at QB, and we would basically resemble a traditional 'ground and pound' team, hopefully being in the position the seahawks were in roughly before they dropped Russell Wilson in there.

Sure, optimism.

If we can get adequate drafting and decent coaching, we're onto something.

Exactly. Like others mentioned, it's time to use these picks on players, not trade them away.

My optimism will only be destroyed if they trade any of their 1st 5 picks away.

Trajectory = direction....which, for 2015 & 2016, has been a death spiral......

Im am also optimistic that we are pulling out of the death spiral....and should be better this coming season....

But.....I have no precedent or indicators saying this years draft will bring strong talent or the players needed to become relevant...

Hey....hopefully they dont screw up the top pick(like last year).....and we get a stud like Garrett instead of a ???? like Coleman...

IF.....they grab a stud or 2 in FA...(real difference makers).....and draft me a couple too(w/o botching the high picks)......then my "pessimistic hopefulness" will immediately turn to true life optimism...

Ahhhhhhhh....the good ole days......when I actually believed "this is the year!!"......every year.....

Yeah when I dialed 9-1-1 to tell somebody the Cleveland Browns just flat-lined way back in 1999, the person who answered the phone said "9-1-1, can you hold?"

And here I thought CPR in NYC was bad "GET UP BEFORE YOU FUCKING DIE..."

I like adding the picks in 2017 and 2018 in the early rounds in particular as well as what we've done in FA this year considering the recruiting attraction of 1-15 football and no QB.

Yeah when I dialed 9-1-1 to tell somebody the Cleveland Browns just flat-lined way back in 1999, the person who answered the phone said "9-1-1, can you hold?"

And here I thought CPR in NYC was bad "GET UP BEFORE YOU FUCKING DIE..."

I like adding the picks in 2017 and 2018 in the early rounds in particular as well as what we've done in FA this year considering the recruiting attraction of 1-15 football and no QB.

LOL i spit coffee on my desk because of that line

Archived