THE BROWNS BOARD

May, 9

Guest Rus

Guest Rus

On May, 9th, 1945 Russian army has gained a final victory over fascist Germany.

This victory has got very hard. But Soviet, Russian people has once again shown all world the courage.

There is no family in Russia which this war would not concern.

And now veterans are still alive, but it is less than all of them.

Unfortunately, the standard-bearer of a victory, the general, the hero of Soviet Union Valentine Varennikov yesterday has died.

It is impossible to forget this war, the most terrible war for all history.

Also it is impossible to forget heroes owing to whom all of us are still alive.

With day of the Victory!

Guest Aloysius

Not a big fan of Gorbachev, I'm guessing.

It looks like Russia could soon be getting back into the news. The Russian gov't violated a EU-mediated ceasefire by having its forces line the borders between Georgia and its two breakaway republics. And Georgia's government seems to be creeping ever more towards authoritarianism and political instability, making the situation even more volatile.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at President Obama's meeting with Russian FM Sergey Lavrov today. Should be interesting to see how Obama deals with the rising tensions.

Guest Rus

Aloysius:

Abkhazia and Ossetia is not Georgia, and the sovereign states!

What has Russia violated?

Understand, Russia never anybody did not attack! But for protection the army there is necessary, differently the Georgian president again will kill many people, as in 2008 in Tskhinvali.

And in Georgia any democracy was never!

Look in news, that the president of Georgia has made yesterday with opposition!

The Georgian territory of Russia is not necessary, differently still in 2008 would take Tbilisi:)

But talking here is a not about it, and about the Great holiday for all mankind - Day of a victory:)

Guest Aloysius

Russia wasn't supposed to guard the borders between Georgia and South Ossetia, Abkhazia. That was the violation.

Georgia thinks it can get the territories back, which probably will never happen. Putting Russian troops on the border intimidates Georgia and makes it think those territories aren't coming back.

Both sides are wrong here. Saakashvili's corrupt and authoritarian, NATO shouldn't be expanding so rapidly, and Russia shouldn't violate its agreements. And the issue is going to distract the US & Russia from (I think) more important issues, like stopping Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Russia has not been helpful there.

Guest Rus

South Ossetia and Abkhazia - the sovereign states. And Russia has the right to protect there borders if it will be asked with a management of these countries.

Nobody intimidates Georgia. What for? To What it is meaningful?

Territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia will not be Georgian in any case because people of these countries so do not want.

About Iran... I at once shall tell, that the opponent of the nuclear weapon, but the nuclear weapon is at many countries. Even at Pakistan and India. Why it is impossible for one, and it is possible for another? Besides Iran probably actually does not develop the weapon, and realizes the peace program. In fact about Iraq too spoke, that there the chemical weapon, but have then recognized, that it was not.

Guest Aloysius

South Ossetia and Abkhazia aren't recognized as sovereign states by the UN, US, EU...only Russia. Maybe they should be, but they aren't.

And if sovereign states can ask for foreign help, why is Russia upset that NATO is training with Georgian troops? Or that the US supported Kosovo's independence?

Iran's nuclear program is serious. The US made a mistake with Iraq, but Iran learned the lesson: if you have nuclear weapons (like North Korea), you don't have to worry about the US attacking you. And Russia isn't helping things by selling advanced technology to Iran. I know your economy is suffering, but the solution isn't to sell weapons to dangerous countries.

On international law, that the state would become sovereign, there is enough recognition one country. If it someone is not pleasant - that is their problems. That the NATO spends doctrines at borders of Russia, it, certainly, is unpleasant. As though Russia spent doctrines at borders of the USA. But to be afraid of Russia there is nothing. The Georgian army has already shown the inability to be at war, and to learn it there is no sense. Besides to that will learn the Georgian army? How to attack at night peace cities? What purpose of these doctrines? Russia builds an atomic power station in Iran. It is peace atom. And in it there is nothing terrible. Russia does not sell to Iran technology on the nuclear weapon. If it was so all already would know about it.

Guest Aloysius
On international law, that the state would become sovereign, there is enough recognition one country.

I don't think that's true. If it were, it would create two sovereign states having claims to the same territory. If the US recognized Chechnya, would it mean that the Chechen rebels and Russia were sovereign over the territory? I don't think so.

That the NATO spends doctrines at borders of Russia, it, certainly, is unpleasant. As though Russia spent doctrines at borders of the USA.

I agree that the joint NATO-Georgian military training exercises were a bad thing, but the analogy to Russian troops on the Mexican border doesn't work. For one, the US hasn't recently (within the past 50 years) used its troops to politically and militarily dominate Mexico. On the other hand, Russia used to control Georgia. So their fear of Russian rule, while overblown by Saakashvili, is based on a history of Russian oppression.

Russia builds an atomic power station in Iran. It is peace atom. And in it there is nothing terrible. Russia does not sell to Iran technology on the nuclear weapon. If it was so all already would know about it.

What's needed in Iran is international supervision of its nuclear program, even if it is peaceful (and I don't believe it is). For Russia to help Iran build that program without the insistence that it be supervised is, I think, irresponsible.

I don't think that's true. If it were, it would create two sovereign states having claims to the same territory. If the US recognized Chechnya, would it mean that the Chechen rebels and Russia were sovereign over the territory? I don't think so.

The Chechen Republic does not wish to separate from Russia, and in South Ossetia and Abkhazia 90 % of the population there are more have voted for independence. If the people of the Chechen Republic wanted independence of Russia yes, it would be the independent state, I think. But the people of the Chechen Republic wish to be as a part of Russia, and in it distinction.

I agree that the joint NATO-Georgian military training exercises were a bad thing, but the analogy to Russian troops on the Mexican border doesn't work. For one, the US hasn't recently (within the past 50 years) used its troops to politically and militarily dominate Mexico. On the other hand, Russia used to control Georgia. So their fear of Russian rule, while overblown by Saakashvili, is based on a history of Russian oppression.

I do not wish you to offend, but you are a little incompetent. Georgia itself has asked for structure of the Russian empire, escaping from Turks.

Georgia lived in Soviet Union, probably, best the Soviet republics. I there was, and consequently I can judge it. So never nobody oppressed Georgia. Think, what else there can be reasons:)

What's needed in Iran is international supervision of its nuclear program, even if it is peaceful (and I don't believe it is). For Russia to help Iran build that program without the insistence that it be supervised is, I think, irresponsible.

Tell me, and what interest of Russia, what Iran would have a nuclear weapon? After all it ours the neighbour. What for it is Russia? Besides, if really Iran developed the nuclear weapon, I think, about it for a long time already it would be known, and strict measures would be accepted very much.

Besides, there are very big suspicions what exactly the USA has shared technology of the nuclear weapon with Pakistan. And there it is now very restless.

Why do I get the idea that Al is arguing with himself?

Nobody Russia not oppress Georgia? LOL

Maybe nobody Russia not oppress the Czechs, either?

Maybe not the Ukraine? Poland?

Al is incompetent? ROF,L....

My hunch is, Rus is a plant to

bait conservatives into arguing with him.

But it's ever so nice that a "guy from Russia" just happened to

find the Browns board on the next day the one thread a day policy

went into affect.

Boring.

The Chechen Republic does not wish to separate from Russia...If the people of the Chechen Republic wanted independence of Russia yes, it would be the independent state, I think. But the people of the Chechen Republic wish to be as a part of Russia, and in it distinction.

I honestly laughed out loud at that statement. I guess that when Dudayev surrounded the interior ministry troops in 1991 at the Grozny airport it was really a welcoming party and when Chechnya declared independence in 1993 they really meant, "we want to be a part of the Russian federation"

And then when they drove the Russians out in 1995 and opened talks with Russia the talks were about joining the Russian federation, huh? When they elected Mashkadov in 1997 and acted as an independant nation, they were still pretending, right? The 1999 Russian invasion was because the Chechens wanted help coming back to Russia, right? Not as if Russia was grasping at its lost territories, knowing that if Chechnya was able to slip away from their control that any number of the dozens of nations living within Russian borders could look to Chechnya as a precedent for declaring independence.

Why do I get the idea that Al is arguing with himself?

Nobody Russia not oppress Georgia? LOL

Maybe nobody Russia not oppress the Czechs, either?

Maybe not the Ukraine? Poland?

Al is incompetent? ROF,L....

My hunch is, Rus is a plant to

bait conservatives into arguing with him.

But it's ever so nice that a "guy from Russia" just happened to

find the Browns board on the next day the one thread a day policy

went into affect.

Boring.

Than particularly Russia oppresses Georgia, Czechia, Ukraine, Poland?

Well clearly than - that does not allow to kill sleeping civilians in Abkhazia and South Ossetia, Georgian wine does not wish to buy Georgia:)

Who else is oppressed your way with Russia and than?

I honestly laughed out loud at that statement. I guess that when Dudayev surrounded the interior ministry troops in 1991 at the Grozny airport it was really a welcoming party and when Chechnya declared independence in 1993 they really meant, "we want to be a part of the Russian federation"

And then when they drove the Russians out in 1995 and opened talks with Russia the talks were about joining the Russian federation, huh? When they elected Mashkadov in 1997 and acted as an independant nation, they were still pretending, right? The 1999 Russian invasion was because the Chechens wanted help coming back to Russia, right? Not as if Russia was grasping at its lost territories, knowing that if Chechnya was able to slip away from their control that any number of the dozens of nations living within Russian borders could look to Chechnya as a precedent for declaring independence.

You arrive to the Chechen Republic, ask people - they wish to live with Russia or not?

Yes, there was a war. If it is interesting to you, I can tell that there was.

Before war of peace people there simply killed, not very well, the Chechen you or Russian. If at you, for example, in Ohio, such happens, your government has as though arrived? Would allow to kill?

Look for the data across Beslan, and to you will understand, who was at war with Russia. Were at war, of course, and simple people, but people have understood that it is better to live in structure of Russia. Otherwise there till now there would be a war.

Though I hold the opinion that the Chechen Republic the independent state would be better. And it is more, I think, anybody would not began to separate. I do not know, you will understand it or not, but all people of Russia have general history, the general roots. All republics, basically, joined ourselves.

I communicated with people of different nationalities, and all speak - "Russia is our native land". Anybody does not wish to separate!

Take the same Georgia - if not Russia, they would be cut out for a long time by Turks.

And still... Already all recognised that war was untied by Georgia. So what for America spends with them doctrines? Did not think of it?

Look, many the former republics of Soviet Union support close connections with Russia. Especially Belarus.

The Ukrainian people too understand that we very close people. Especially east Ukraine.

Understand, I do not propagandise, I simply say that itself I know, and that you speak, no means always represents the facts.

If it is fair, it is interesting to me to learn that Americans actually think of Russia. It seems to me, at you a bit incorrect representation that occurs actually:)

By the way, anybody does not wish to arrive to Russia?:)

Say, here's a good one - I was watching PBS last night - a documentary about WWII.

Seems that the Russian gov - under Stalin, mass murdered the Polish people.

But, Stalin, while in talks with Churchill and stupid dimwitted Roosevelt (not goofy Teddy, but Franklin)..

about what to do with Germany after the war was over.

At one point, Stalin insisted 50,000 Germans should be terminated.

Churchill was agast, and Franklin Fuddyduddy joked that he'd compromise and

only make it 49,000.

He wanted to be good buddies with Stalin - figured he wanted to deal with Stalin.

Meanwhile, Stalin secretly ordered his military to go back and redig up the mass graves,

and his secret police fabricated/forged phoney German documents on a lot of the bodies

to set up the mass murders as having been done by the Germans.

One of stupid Roosevelt's advisors insisted that it was done by the Russians.

But Franklin fuddyduddy wouldn't believe him.

So, it's amusing that an impostor? is arguing with Al.

And, I've met folks from Russia, they speak English very well. The disjointed

sentence structures are perfectly done wrong, but fancy that, the spelling

is pretty good.

Right.

The respected calfoxwc!

PBS is not true in an ultimate authority.

I with you will not argue, is possible so it and was.

I cannot confirm anything without documents, and refer to TV it is silly (excuse, if has offended).

With Al I do not argue. Actually, I have written that not its statements are true.

I think that you trust TV. It is not absolutely correct. There it is too much lie.

Of course, Stalin has made a lot of bad, but also has made a lot of the good. I do not wish to argue now with you on this question because I do not see documents of those years. Probably you are right, Probably you are not right. I don`t know.

I know only one - When there was Soviet Union - it prospered. Not only Russia, but also Georgia, Baltic, Turkmenia, the Chechen Republic and others. When it has broken up - all became much worse.

Excuse for that badly english :)

All games with this board on, I sorry am if I suspect not correctly.

All after, any all evil makes good not matter when genocide is majority of action.

All after in, argue with you not you real could be but suspect still I.

Yesterday not born, nice day have ! :rolleyes:

Archived